• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Swap BER for BST? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
903¢
So debating a char change in my group. Current group is all 125 and max AA with Perpetual Rev weapons, Mag has the EM31 raid ear, all running the CWTN plug-ins except of course the bard.

SK, SHM, BRD, ENC, MAG, BER

Considering dropping the BER for a BST. I was curious how the synergies would line up to increase DPS with the extra pet. This increases the MAG nukes that count pets. Plus the actual pet damage and the BST melee damage. Also an extra spot healer. I am not unhappy with the BER dps at all but I keep hearing about the bonuses/synergies from BST. I have the blood soaked focus ready for them so the pet will be in good shape. I even thought about maybe doing the persona thing so I don't have to redo all the darn heroic stuff

What say you RG? Beneficial to my group?

So debating a char change in my group. Current group is all 125 and max AA with Perpetual Rev weapons, Mag has the EM31 raid ear, all running the CWTN plug-ins except of course the bard.

SK, SHM, BRD, ENC, MAG, BER

Considering dropping the BER for a BST. I was curious how the synergies would line up to increase DPS with the extra pet. This increases the MAG nukes that count pets. Plus the actual pet damage and the BST melee damage. Also an extra spot healer. I am not unhappy with the BER dps at all but I keep hearing about the bonuses/synergies from BST. I have the blood soaked focus ready for them so the pet will be in good shape. I even thought about maybe doing the persona thing so I don't have to redo all the darn heroic stuff

What say you RG? Beneficial to my group?
@MagesRock sms like a perfect group...you're sweating over nothing. The added ADPS/DPS would just cost you another plug-in and imo for minimal gains. That team has good tanking, excellent crowd control, and healing...not to mention peace of mind.

I'm sure the trolls will start to say drop the enc...but they just don't know how nice it is to pull whole zones and never worry about wiping. Definitely don't do that...

@MagesRock sms like a perfect group...you're sweating over nothing. The added ADPS/DPS would just cost you another plug-in and imo for minimal gains. That team has good tanking, excellent crowd control, and healing...not to mention peace of mind.

I'm sure the trolls will start to say drop the enc...but they just don't know how nice it is to pull whole zones and never worry about wiping. Definitely don't do that...
i can pull and kill and entire zone wothout cc.. because i put a DPS in that spot :f5:

Since adding the enc I have found it to be an amazing CC class. I am a group only player and they make everything ezmode tank and spank. I would drop the bard first since it doesn't have a plugin. That's really the big bard drawback to me. Using them in group for adps is amazing though and travel is unmatched with one. I don't want to do without either really.

If you think about it I have dual CC, dual tanking, but the SHM is the lone healer.

All my toons except the BER run pets, even the bard swarms. So the mage gets some great multipliers and more pets only help there. Heros are Forged mission is funny, the eggs drop like rocks

Nobody needs to hear about your ability to swarm Lavastorm ;-) haha jk
@durango773 running around an empty zone with his 125 group shouting "I have KILLED Emperor Crush ! BOO-YAH !
Alan Cumming Yes GIF

Question - Swap BER for BST?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back