• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Suspensions galore?? (1 Viewer)

Spartan

RedCents
I know now of 4 people that have been suspended on Saryrn in the last week, and thats just people I know, 1 person does not use MQ at all, never has, after a few calls to CS they released his account, the other 2 use vanilla MQ and no active plugins or hacks at all, the 4th uses a few things such as mq2rezme etc?

I was just wondering if this is isolated or are they on some type of suspension blitz as of late?

Suspended - as of 12/28/06 on Luclin, probably my fault, as i logged in to raid and had lock outs for anguish *not my fault, as I left my char logged on and grouped with a friend who did anguish without my knowledge. This probably got me reported, thinking I was the culprit behind the lockouts.*

I recently got suspended and I think what it was that got me was killing the whole zone of pofire, and keeping it down. No one actually saw me killing stuff they just saw me in the zone with a completely dead zone. So anyways its the next day and I tryied to log on and I got the you have been suspended message please contact sony..blah...blah. Anyways the odd thing is, I didn't get a we discored you useing a third party hacking whatever like other people get. Does that mean anything good for me, or is it still a decent chance of me being put out of my stuff?

I got suspended a few months ago, no email no GM notify, nothing. in fact I got a huge run around on who to contact, phone support said to email, email said phone in, phone in said email again, and email then said to try in-game support HAHA, impossible. Anyway they didnt tell me squat although I'm not innocent and I did get my gf woke me up about a week later telling me my account was back up.

AH, ok. I was a bit worried about trying to contact them wasn't sure if that would push the ban into full swing. I personally think I should be fine considering no gm actually saw me. But if they look into my account, I have been progressing rather fast. If it happens it will majorly blow but I can just re build I suppose. Thanks for the info.

I went through same thing wait out suspension then if it moves to a ban push it otherwise you will get it back without notification a lot of times. Ya you have to talk to about 10 people to get sometime done. Everyone says its not my job.

Doesn't seem like a "suspensions galore".. More like a "suspend a few people time to make it noticed we still quote on quote care, *cough*"

/derail a little

I just want to add something that will make some myths go away (possibly)

I had a problem with my quest i was working on. I accidently deleted a key peice to the quest (well my afk macro did) So i /petitioned to see if i could get the item back. I was very civil and told them i had one peice (cant get it without haveing the peice i deleted) so they could look at it for proof that i once had the item. (that and they didnt have to check my logs to see me deleting it lol)

Well I hadnt heard from them in a couple hours so I took my to POAir to do a little killing. I was running MQ window, mq2melee, and a friend checker mac.

Well a GM pops right in front of me while im killin. I had a bit of trouble getting myself to /unstick from the mob and i was sure i was gonna be busted. Well the mob dies and the GM gives me back the item and says "is there anything else i can do for you?" I told him no and thanked him. I was also running a MQUI. He didnt even say a word. This was 2 weeks ago. Acount stlll active.

P.S. Just a note. If you have an afk macro that auto deletes stuff make sure to put the full name of the deleted item. DOnt shortcut or you will have a problem like i did.

P.S.S. I will say that the GM was fast getting to me. And very nice. Not all of them are the cold heartless bitches we make them out to be.

Most have been real nice on giving items back that you had. Just don't try and BS them or they will look real hard into the logs to see all kinds of warps and such.

Maxixero said:
Suspended - as of 12/28/06 on Luclin, probably my fault, as i logged in to raid and had lock outs for anguish *not my fault, as I left my char logged on and grouped with a friend who did anguish without my knowledge. This probably got me reported, thinking I was the culprit behind the lockouts.*

Man I guess I'm lucky i went afk macro and warp shit crazy during christmas week thinking the GMs wouldn't be around anyways. 12/28, guess I'm gonna have to give GM Condoleeza Rice more props.

Oh yea I knew someone that was AFkKiting on that same day in an open zone. . .granted he had been doing it for a few days lol he was suspended also but he got his accounts back after the 7 day suspension

ive seen at least 12 week suspensions on drinal but no perma bans that i know of seems the message there sending for 3 party programs has slid down to slap on the wrist.....one of my buddies really goes nuts with afk farming and worse, he got a week suspension lol i mean hes so bad he makes me shake my head clearly eq has toned down the ban squad

Progression server, I went through VP (upgraded) like 6 times with a party of four. Had like a 135 ac shield and a bunch of other junk. I don't autoupdate to eqplayers and don't brag. I live in Korea and play on the off hours. Anyways, I got a 10 day suspension and came back whith only my VP items deleted. All the other crap from elemental planes (which only 2% of the server is flagged for) and my 150+ AA's were still intact. I didn't get a letter or anything. Just a 10 day suspension, funniest thing, this was at the begining of Dec, the same night I got an invite for Vanguard.

Suspensions galore??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back