• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Suspended? (1 Viewer)

Jmo

Ex-Admin Dust Bunny
RedCents
1,087¢
Ok...finally got the GM wacking stick. It says my account is suspened and I should contact customer service for more info. Does that mean just suspended or could that mean banned. Never had anything like this done to my accounts before.

TurkReno said:
I've put it in my Common GM Misconceptions post that your account has a player ID number like "H2E0D99" that they will track you on any of your characters. Its the account, not the specific player.
So then in theory if a character were moved to a clean account that character would no longer be on a 'watch list' or whatever it's called?

Not saying it's giving you license to steal and behave like a jerk but if you have a toon on an acct that's been tagged that might be a way to preserve it if they ever swung the bat at you again by eliminating the first strike against that toon?

I get the feeling that when you transfer a character to an account, those sorts of flags would come with. But yes, you could conceivably save a character just by preventing it from being on the account you think could be banned.

Not to argue with you, TheZ, but the flags may not. Since GM Notations are usually sometimes just by PID (PlayerID), an account transfer would move the PID off the toon and who at SoE is going to get off their lazy ass just to swat one fly? It might take them a while though if it was one really annoying fly.

Again, I'll go back to platinum since it makes EQ go 'round. Plat sellers stay in existance because they launder money throughout the EQ characters. From farmer, to trader_a, to safehaven, to trader_b, to buyer. With a single account moving a character, there are grades of transfer. If you do it in bulk, the server doesn't know to take your flags with you...all it says is move PID Server.PlayerX, Server.PlayerY, Server.PlayerZ to PID Server. I don't see why this theory wouldn't work if it was a single character moving from account to account.

TurkReno said:
I'm starting to also think that suspensions are serverside and the official watch list.
Splain please? I would have assumed they would have to be server side. Or do you mean only on a watch list for one specific server? So moving to another server would remove the flag?

What I should have said is that I'm starting to think that suspensions are server-enabled, i.e. the server is the one that suspends you and the GM's are the ones who look into your logs while that time has been captured.

Moving one toon to another account, or 7 toons to another account, is in theory a way to avoid a suspension...You could build a pretty strong case if you wanted to say that you moved this so that you could play with your kid as that was his account and that you want it back IF it were to get suspended. There are a number of bullshit things you could say to them.

TurkReno said:
So, here's my question to you: How do you tell SoE that you hack and get your account back without backing down on the fact that you've hacked?
From the "One For The Books" Department: Tell them you bought a shiny new PC that has an AMD Dual Core CPU in it and you didn't know that not setting the affinity for the dual cores would cause a stutter effect server side that 'appears' like a warp. I really wasn't warping around Forgotten Halls, Mr GM, honest I wasn't.

Oh woe is me, you've banned me for trying to make the game more enjoyable and keep up with the advances in the programing!!

If you've got some balls, I'd admit that you used MQ if you can get someone other than "Flower" on the phone to get your account unsuspended...if you don't give a shit anymore.

Well, GM pops into my raid tonight wanting to talk about my main and second account. He said someone saw me warping and logs confirmed it, Unfortunatly both this account and your other will have to be susspended for 10 days. Said some shit about it haveing to be taken seriously. I told him, How bout Ya'll take the borken shit in the game seriously and fix it, I don't hurt anyone. Gave him the name of my third account and told him to ban it too but all he wanted to do was stand me in a corner for 10 days I guess.
Posting this because i've never heard anyone say anything about a GM absolutly not wanting to permenently ban accounts, I basicaly told him to ban me and threw him my other account too and all he wanted to do was slap my hand and wish me luck if/when I return.
Tempted as hell to /zone cshome on my shammy right now but, alas, my addiction prevents it.

Just a heads up on FV I almost got busted in DL got quized by 2 GMs what I was up to. Not banned yet but sure I got flagged they were hanging out at the 3 task givers. They zoned in and went right to me caught me between tasks. Glad I remembered to /end oh I was not shrouded, that would have been a give away.

Back when the LS MMs were still *working*, I ran three accounts pretty much 24/7. Got two accounts banned, dunno why the third wasn't banned. Anyways, I just emailed SOE and asked what was up. You get the - you have violated Eula yada yada yada...figured I had nothing to lose so i sent an email *hands taped to ankles*, admitted I was using MQ, apologized and *claimed* I would not use it again (ok, stop laughing already). Anyways, I ended up getting both accounts back. Had some other guild members get multiple accounts banned and they sent the same emails (literally we just copied it and all sent the same "sorry, we admit it, wont do it again..). All accounts were restored without being rolled back.

Just tape your hands good and lube up with some KY before you email em - you'll need it :/

Wow, that is rough. Collectively, we have 2 clerics, necro, druid and wizzie banned and got them all back. We got about 600 AAs on each of them from the LS MMs, plus I think we hit the sabotage and such missions.

i run 2 accounts
Main on 1st one is shaman, main on 2nd is bard
I often PL shaman with bard running circles = well yes i always use cheats with bard account :p but i don t use cheats with shaman or very very few, rare thing
I just discovered SOE suspended the shaman account while the bard account is still running.
They suspended the account i don t cheat with . Mmmmmm......... :rolleyes:

I wondered if i had to send an e-mail to SOE customer service and decided to do so.
As i m french i told them =
sorry if my english is not good but i m french
i just discovered my account is suspended
i don t understand what it means so could you explain to me what it is and what i have to do to play again
thks

i m still waiting for an answer, 4 days already i posted mine

i will tell you folks how this will end asap
if account banned, i will apologize and blah blah blah

TurkReno said:
If you've got some balls, I'd admit that you used MQ if you can get someone other than "Flower" on the phone to get your account unsuspended...if you don't give a shit anymore.

What number do you call to talk to a live person about getting your account unbanned?

tsguy said:
Back when the LS MMs were still *working*, I ran three accounts pretty much 24/7. Got two accounts banned, dunno why the third wasn't banned. Anyways, I just emailed SOE and asked what was up. You get the - you have violated Eula yada yada yada...figured I had nothing to lose so i sent an email *hands taped to ankles*, admitted I was using MQ, apologized and *claimed* I would not use it again (ok, stop laughing already). Anyways, I ended up getting both accounts back. Had some other guild members get multiple accounts banned and they sent the same emails (literally we just copied it and all sent the same "sorry, we admit it, wont do it again..). All accounts were restored without being rolled back.

Just tape your hands good and lube up with some KY before you email em - you'll need it :/

hey hey! Can you copy/paste this magic letter to me as well pls? LoL and the address you sent it to, since SoE has a billion e-mail address with which to ignore you. You apparently found the lucky one! Thanks!

I've gotten a few PMs asking this...I don't have it. I will ask the other folks that got banned to see if they still have it. We just used the [email protected] address and the first email simply had our toon infor and asked why we were banned. The second email we sent was the "please have your way with me now one". Please note, we got banned primarily for warping. I know some folks are having a tougher time with the bard macros. I don't know why they would be more hard core on one group and not the others, but for some reason they seem to be.

I will find out if we can drum up one of the emails. Our bannings all took place back at the last expansion.

tsguy said:
I've gotten a few PMs asking this...I don't have it. I will ask the other folks that got banned to see if they still have it. We just used the [email protected] address and the first email simply had our toon infor and asked why we were banned. The second email we sent was the "please have your way with me now one". Please note, we got banned primarily for warping. I know some folks are having a tougher time with the bard macros. I don't know why they would be more hard core on one group and not the others, but for some reason they seem to be.

I will find out if we can drum up one of the emails. Our bannings all took place back at the last expansion.

My banning was also due to the LSMM. I sent a bajillion e-mails to various Sony addresses, but only recieved 2 responses. Both of which were quotes of the EULA. I'll try the address you gave and prostate myself once more. I called Sony today and the guy gave me a snail-mail address to write with an appeal letter, but eh...I don't trust snail-mail that much anymore. LoL Thanks for all the info. :-)

SO! I just e-mailed that address with

"Dear Sir or Madame,
As the subject stated I'm writing you about my Ever-Quest account. I was banned earlier this year under the Sony Station name of Piemur20. I was using a program to run monster missions in Lavastorm. I know what I did was wrong and I really wish I hadn't done it. I threw away years of work for nothing. I'm truly sorry for having cheated the system, and if given the chance I wouldn't do it ever again. I promise I wouldn't. I really miss playing my character and am sad I won't get to try this new expansion with my friends. Is there anything I can possibly do to get my account re-activated? Is there possibly a probation period I can submit to or pay a year in advance with the money being forfeit if I cheat again? Yet again, I'm very, very, very sorry for what I did, and hope that something can be worked out so I can get caught up with my friends and try out this new expansion. Thank you very much for your time. "

and in response got

"Response
---------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatic generated response, to the email you sent.

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Your email cannot be processed. Please visit http://support.station.sony.com for instructions on contacting us by email, phone, live chat or in-game. You can also find there an extensive knowledge base for all SOE games that may assist you. If you have already have an existing incident regarding this issue, please reply back to your response e-mail in the designated response area. To review all submitted incidents click on the 'Service History' tab, then click on 'Questions' at www.station.sony.com/kb. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Do you think they've blocked my e-mail address due to me e-mailing them about this before?

Kinda long but this is what i got today when i asked about an old banned account. Said my son used MQ2 and it wouldnt happen again.

This is an automated response that has been generated based on your Account Status inquiry. The information contained in this response should address any issues surrounding why your account may be banned or suspended.

All SOE station accounts that are currently set to banned or suspended status have been reviewed by a support supervisor. Suspension or banishment occurs due to a violation of an SOE policy. The account in question has been found to have violated one or more of our policies and has been deactivated in accordance with our End-User license agreement.

An e-mail has been sent to the address on file notifying the owner of exactly why the account had disciplinary action taken against it. Regretfully, this decision is non-negotiable.

For further information please review the following knowledge base articles at http://www.station.com/kb:

16317: How do I update my personal or registration information on my Station Account?
16318: What does it mean to be Banned or Suspended?

If this response does not satisfy your inquiry our support representatives are available via phone, Monday-Friday 10:00am to 7:00pm PST (except on holidays) at 1-(858)-537-0898.

Thank you,

Lyman Tuttle
Account Administrator
Sony Online Entertainment
http://www.sonyonline.com

tstuff24 said:
An e-mail has been sent to the address on file notifying the owner of exactly why the account had disciplinary action taken against it. Regretfully, this decision is non-negotiable.

All I can say is that Sony is one big fucking joke. I got an identical email a while back when my account got banned, and there was nothing exact about their explanation why I was banned (their version of the word exact makes about as much sense as their version of risk vs. reward)... All it said was that I was banned for use of 3rd party software. They didn't show any proof of what I had done that lead them to think that (even though I was using MQ2).

Point being, Sony has no clue when they Ban/Suspend people, or they wouldn't hesitate to prove it. They just act on suspicions and potentially false accusations.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

[email protected]

My bad - this was the email address that was used on our accounts. One of the other guys that was in our crew still had it.

Remember too - we dealt with these issues back at the last expansion. So, people may have changed etc etc. Not trying to tell you that you will be 100% successful - just trying to let ya know our experience. We really had our nuts pinned to the wall - can't explain why we got the toons back to be honest.

FunWithUs said:
All I can say is that Sony is one big fucking joke. I got an identical email a while back when my account got banned, and there was nothing exact about their explanation why I was banned (their version of the word exact makes about as much sense as their version of risk vs. reward)... All it said was that I was banned for use of 3rd party software. They didn't show any proof of what I had done that lead them to think that (even though I was using MQ2).

Point being, Sony has no clue when they Ban/Suspend people, or they wouldn't hesitate to prove it. They just act on suspicions and potentially false accusations.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Oh..I know bro. :-) I think a lot of it has to do with who reads it. Either you get someone normal/understanding or the dick of the office (of which I assume there are many). Same with GMs...some will hook you up with a rez after that 20K fall while others will say "Sorry chump...GMs can't do that sort of thing."

SoE does not generally release accounts via e-mail anymore. You're going to have to call them or you're going to have to complain about not getting some automated response and you want to speak to a real-live human...which would be the same as speaking to them on the phone... I'd call and at least complain there.

Just got an alt Rogue of mine suspended today, and the email came directly from Dean Graf which surprised me. Not too happy about it but also not that upset, it was my fault for lending it out to a friend of mine that chain zones like it is water even through PoK. Pretty sure my character did that. probably going to sell it after suspension any way, already have a 2.0 rogue.

Oh details....on Cazic Thule, have about 5 other accounts that use different emails and credit cards, but same billing address. Not that it matters since they probably track IP addresses.

Just going to wait out the 10 days and see what happens, but not holding my breath, have another account he banned like 6 months ago for other shit.

Suspended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back