• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

subs for invites in instances (1 Viewer)

nyghteyes

What is a macro??
RedCents
1,437¢
This is an Idea for the PLing in instances to add to current macs for disbanding in an instance to gain all the xp for 1 toon and getting a quick reinvite since you get booted for not having enough people in your group after a very short time.

any help would be appreciated

|PLee subs events

#Event GainExp "You gain#*#"
#Event Invite "#*#invites you#*#"

sub_GainExp
/delay 1s
/tell YOURGROUPLDR groupme

sub_Invite
/delay 1s
/accept (or whatever the piece of code is for accepting
group invite)

|Leader sub/event

#Event Groupme "#*#tells you groupme#*#"

sub_Groupme
/target Plee
/delay 1s
/invite

Change
Rich (BB code):

sub_Groupme
/target Plee
/delay 1s
/invite
to
Rich (BB code):

sub_Groupme
/invite PLee
It's quicker.

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.PctHPs}=5)  /disband PLer
/if (${Target.PctHPs}=0)  /call Invite

Sub Invite
/delay 2
/invite PLer

this way its all automated. It will disband the pler and reinvite after done.

I wanted to put as <=5 but 0 would also turn up a true statment and go into an endless loop of infinite disbanding/inviting. I just dont want it to miss the 5%. you could put the /call invite at the end of the loot sub in your macro too then you could change it to
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=5)
then
Rich (BB code):
/invite PLer
at the end of loot code that way mob is dead, looted, and you are ready to go again.
hope this gives you some ideas

Those lines won't work. What you would want is
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.PctHPs}==5)  /disband PLer
/if (${Target.PctHPs}==0)  /call Invite

Sub Invite
/delay 2
/invite PLer

But what would work even better is something like this:

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=5)  /disband PLer
/if (!${Target.ID})  /call Invite

Sub Invite
/delay 2
/invite PLer

Remember, even at 0, the mob isn't dead yet, so the exp hasn't been given. Or if it is, then ${Target.PctHPs} would return null...so it wouldn't invite.

Oh, and btw, you won't get booted from an instance after *any* amount of time if you aren't grouped, unless the instance ends. You'll only get booted if you are removed from the instance or there aren't enough people in the instance for it to continue.

was thinking of doing something like this myself... i have a question though.

would you have to leave at least 2 in group for the xp to be given to them, Or would the leader of the group still be considered leader and get the XP?

not sure how the mob / xp is assigned when a group disbands as too who gets xp.

I use a wizard for main dps my dru is second in line but both have a nice quick self evac so I dont have to use /fade . There fore my bst can crank AA's by when mob hits 5% or so and trying to flee snared, bst pet finishes it off while im running for another mob to pull.

Thanks for all this feed back will be trying those tonight to see whats works best.

Also is very nice to see all of you jump on this.

Rock on Redguides and its Clients

thez said:
Whoever did the most dps. So...if necessary, you might need to right in a /fade routine to the person disbanding. Which might suck.

This is true for when the group is disbanded right, but when everyone is in the group the mob doesnt keep track of each group members damage done to it. Does it?

So if a stop dps is called before disbanding members - then would those members that did more dps be required to /fade?

Think i'll play around a little with it and find out - dont want to be /fade if its not needed.

thanks

your dmg is tracked per pc/npc all the time disbanding or not, if your grouped ...you gain party xp, if you disband highest dmg to mob since its last reset gets xp. succor/abscond/exo whatever just have to zone to clear you off list your dmg is completely forgotten

69.1 makes real nice because zl is so close to mobs yet so close to em.

subs for invites in instances

Users who are viewing this thread

Back