• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

STV = Gank Fest (1 Viewer)

Willy

RedCents
Is it just my server or is STV a horde ganking ground every where? Seriosuly Nesingwary's camp was home to 23 horde yesterday... levels 36-60. This is a lev 30-25 alliance area. We got a raid and the battle waged for 3 hours. Seriosuly this is why I dont like Horde. I have never seen an alliance group camp a popular Horde quest turn in area for this long. They were there for a total of 6 hours. WTF go do something else horde.

RAID RAID RAID RAID RAID RAID RAID RAID
KILL HORDE KILL HORDE KILL HORDE KILL HORDE
PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP PVP
LVL60FRIENDS LVL60FRIENDS LVL60FRIENDS

that's my advice :D

Umm not really relevant... and no im not leavign just cause Horde are jerks. (Sorry Skep... they give you guys a bad rep)

Ummmmmmm.... thanks Creed...

Last edited:
dude - it's not just horde.

STV is a ganking ground for both factions. I've seen 15 alliance camping Nessie's as often as I've seen 15 Horde there.

But (and this is just a general reminder) - remember that people are jerks because of who they are, not what faction they belong to.

And the REALLY funny thing is that what i've heard from people who hate being ganked is: 'I can't wait until I'm 60. I'm going to kill all <insert opposite faction name> regardless of level to get revenge at me nbeing ganked by people 10 levels above me.'

Unfortunately, it seems the problem is self-reinforcing :(

Check Hillsbrad fields for Ally camps. The area has a bunch of mid-20s quests for horde players and there's almost always 3 or 4 alliance from Southshore making the rounds there. (on my server)

i agree with you though, it is very frustrating.

[/Quote] I cant wait until I'm 60. I'm going to kill all <insert opposite faction name> regardless of level to get revenge at me being ganked by people 10 levels above me.'[/QUOTE]
I <3 U zarath... this is exactly what happenes... it is a perpetual cycle though i find myself saying it sometimes... But STV and especially the hunters camp on my server at least is always horde infested. But for 6 hours by the same players.... come on. Not just six hours but EVERY DAY... seriously WTF. Im sure alliance are just as bad sometimes.

Heh, on my server I'd had lots more problems with Alliance camping. There's almost always a group of 10+ level 60's running around ganking and corpse camping (yay, they somehow managed to kill someone 400 levels lower than their collective power... :/). After about half an hour, a group of Horde with about 5 60's and 10-20 lower levels chases them all off and corpse camp them as long as we can :P It really is funny to see a level 60 pally get slaughtered by 4 level 35's.

Willy Boy, Chill! Ganking comes with the Territory.

I once witnessed a Horde raid on Raynewood Retreat which left me the only Alliance character standing because I refused to raise my PvP flag. On PvP servers, I would have been killed along with all the nice Cenarions.

My son got a call from his Guild to take his lvl 43 Warlock to Dolanaar to fend off a Horde Mega- raid that took them about an hour to quell. Fun for all and the kid gets 55 HK's to boot.

Yes, a 6 hour camp is excessive. I agree. Some people need to get a life if they think that is fun-for either side. Perhaps that is time for more intelligent sorts such as yourself to log in one of your alts and do some skill levelling. Eventually, the Goons will tire of their adolescent games and you can get on with cleaning your bags of the Green Hills pages.

However, back to task. One doesn't have to be lvl 60 to bang on the other guys. I am putting together a raid with my lvl 29 hunter's Guild to invade some Horde camp just for hoots.

What really bothers me is the players, either side, who kill just to kill. My Troll was about to turn in a quest to the Ratchet Dock Master when some Tauren Warrior killed him. Had to wait for a half hour for the respawn.

"There's the Beef!"

STV is the worst for ganking no matter what faction, no matter which PVP server it seems.

If you're under 50, don't go and expect to level up or get any quests finished quickly.

If you're over 50, you should be able to go to STV and have quite a bit of fun (and a bit of danger too).

STV is the dark city park where all the punks, phreaks and dealers hang out. Teenagers may think it's cool to go there, but expect to get stabbed, mugged and left for dead.

Other than that, it's pretty fun.

hehe - my son is an undead rogue (lvl 38) on a PvP server and he was doing a quest that required him to be in a specific location in STV ... there was an alliance lvl 33 doing the same quest but had a lvl 60 alliance hunter being bodyguard ... my son got ganked by the hunter 4 times before he decided enough was enough (my son had no intentions of attacking the lvl 33 ... just wanted to complete the quest)

I was watching and I found it interesting that despite sprint he could not get away from the cat the hunter was using ... and that also there is no slowing down of the pet when swimming (my son, quite cleverly I thought) decided to swim and dive underwater to use the benefit of his extended breathing time as an undead but the pet swam faster than he did and despite gouge and run, he died.

I've told him next time try ... blind, sprint, vanish ... vanishing first is fatal with a hunter that has track humanoids and flare !

Willy said:
I have never seen an alliance group camp a popular Horde quest turn in area for this long. They were there for a total of 6 hours. WTF go do something else horde.

naaah the crossroads (noob area) only gets raided like 4/5 times a day...
only way we have to couterattack them is
1.we have a lvl 60 elite there
2.alliance on our server are just stupid

haha.. on my server.. i hang at XR then when a raid comes... i call my guild (we have like 30 lvl 60's) and a lot of em come to have some fun :p

horde 4 teh win!

Erol-Tob said:
haha.. on my server.. i hang at XR then when a raid comes... i call my guild (we have like 30 lvl 60's) and a lot of em come to have some fun :p

horde 4 teh win!

lol...i would love to see your guild vs my guild at crossroads...(our lvl 60's only outnumber yours 4:1) :D

STV = Gank Fest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back