• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondents dinner (1 Viewer)

Frybread

RedCents
31¢
Stephen Colbert (daily show anchor guy) was invited to speak at the White House Correspondents dinner. He bombed. Most of his jokes got a couple laughs from the back, or more often, none at all. Cut-aways to the audience showed people frowning or covering their mouths - shocked.

Bush, sitting 5 feet away, was red-faced. By the end, he and Laura were not smiling, and left the room coldly.

Check it out here:

http://www.notaddicted.com/video/colbert.speech.wh.correspondents.dinner.avi

I wonder if the bush administration knew before hand that his ultra conservatism is purely satire ?

Edit: I watched it. Thanks for posting the entire thing. I kept hearing that you could only find bits and pieces here and there. A+++ would watch again and recommend to my friends. The best part was how Bush's expression changed. The video at the end was kind of dumb, though.

I thought the end was creepy, with Bush and his guards walking off, maintaining composure, after such a horrible lashing.

Someone pointed out everything wrong with politics and media in the greatest way possible (humorously) - and the ones in control walked away like nothing happened, because nothing will happen.

On the Report on last night, Colbert talked about it and played a clip of him telling one of his jokes. Every moment the camera was on the audience, there was a cricket soundbite loop playing.

Stephen Colbert at the White House Correspondents dinner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back