• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stealing xp (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
I finally have a good 6 box macro running for getting xp. I know it is slow (about 20aa/24 hours) but it is consistant and relatively safe. I was considering adding a couple of rangers outside the group to add to the dps and allow me to add some more mobs to my kill rotation. Right now I am rotating through 8 mobs over 20 min. It takes me between 90 sec and 120 sec to kill each mob depending on a few things that I am trying to wo out. If I can get the kill time to 75 sec or less I could double my xp.

So my question is if a ranger does less than 20% of the total damage to the mob but does get the "Kill Shot" will he get the xp for the mob?

doesn't matter who gets the kill shot it's based off damage percentage. I would suggest this make sure your rangers are not grouped and the toons you want to get exp are. Make sure the exp group does the majority of the damge and they will get the exp.

Oh something else Damage Sheilds do not count into the toon who casted it damage percentage. That's why they are such a powerful PL technique.

All you need is for your group to do more dmg than each ranger does, long as they are ungrouped. Probably not that hard, long as you have one or two decent DPS classes.

Thx, all

Right now my single toon best dps is by far with a ranga this is with the group. The other 2 ranga's I want to add to help kill only have about 75% the dps of my grouped ranga.

In group I also have Dru,Enc,Brd and Pally for dps. As I get more aa's my dps with all of those will increase. Eventually I will even take my main ranga out of the group to level up some of my other alts...

Stealing xp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back