• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Spring Cleaning! Sites stealing Redguides content (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,905¢
Pronouns
He/Him
If you know of a site copying redguides content, or even paraphrasing, please list them here and include what post(s) were copied.

Thanks!

hacking-experience used to paste and post stuff all the time, I was a member of there for a while, that's how I found this site. This site is much better imho, Plugin comes here and takes shit.
I will give Plugin some credit though, he did come up with a few good things on his own that I didn't see anywhere else.

702e3-2006-82.jpg

All your base, are belong to us!

SITE: mmoexploits.com
USERS: Chezbgrnparadice (posted all of them up to the 2nd MQ2Radar), Enarate (posted up to DoCrack DLL;also owner of the site), purelymoxie (Posted DoCrack DLL), Moosehead (Posted Block All Detrimental Spells), and mmat_y2k (posted Plugin Sources)

This site is starting to piss me off, especially because they've stolen all the macros I posted on this site when, if they just asked me, I would have gladly given them permission and never would have posted this in the first place. Their site is a complete rip-off of RedGuides, and as far as I know every single plugin and macro is from RedGuides 100%.

Here is a list of all the stickies in the "confirmed programs" section, didn't bother to post "confirmed macros" and "confirmed guides" programs as I think this will be enough. I will happily give you my user information if it will help you in any way, nothing is there that's not here anyway.

Confirmed Programs Stickies
Rich (BB code):
Mq2radar (update Dec 5)
Mq2thacks Plugin By A troll 01
Mq2supercast -- cast while running plugin
Mq2superstacker (five Million Stackable Items In One Stack)
Selfdestruct.mac
Druid Mac: Powerlevel Yourself Easy
Brewing.mac[max At 300]
Mq2instamem
Redquest v2.2
Mq2rez
Precompile For Oct 25 Patch - v1.7 5 Nov 7:00 Am Est
Mq2vanguard (makes Warp A Wee Bit Safer) Beta 1.1
Macro Tutorial
Cybris Double Mocha Compile 1.3 Updated 10/08/06 10pm Edt
Mq2 Radar
Mq2 Compile Package
Warp Plugin
MQ2 "piggback" zone warp
DoCrack DLL
Block All Detrimental Spells
Plugin Sources

Color Coding
Rich (BB code):
Red=Chezbgrnparadice
Blue=Enarate
Orange=purelymoxie
Navy=moosehead
Purple=mmat_y2k

Plugin Sources - Plugins
Rich (BB code):
Mq2Twist 
Mq2MoveUtils 
Mq2Megawarp 
Mq2Borg (Includes Directions on how to do structs and such..for both borg and Megawarp)
Mq2Aol (Hilarious use /aol <channel (such as /g /t)> <text> ingame..)
Mq2Dps (Including XML File..Put it in your UI Dir...)
Mq2AutoSkills
Mq2BardSwap (Included my Ini as a reference for making your own..)
Mq2Docrack (With Bytehandler.h and Mq2Docrack.h)
Mq2Exchange (great plugin use /exchange for help..)
Mq2GMCheck
Mq2LinkDB (items.txt included you need to put it in the release file...)
Mq2SetBuff
Mq2Alice

They also posted credit on the 2 or 3 posts I actually read. They'll say "Credit:unknown405", but seeing as how they don't ask you for permission in the first place this doesn't mean anything.

Hope this helps,

-UnkNowN

I also sent you a PM a while ago about this Cade, but it's only gotten worst. Ever since I sent you that PM they've added quite a bit of RedGuides material, so they're obviously not going to stop.

unknown405 said:
Rich (BB code):
Mq2Twist 
Mq2MoveUtils 
Mq2Dps (Including XML File..Put it in your UI Dir...)
Mq2AutoSkills
Mq2BardSwap (Included my Ini as a reference for making your own..)
Mq2Docrack (With Bytehandler.h and Mq2Docrack.h)
Mq2Exchange (great plugin use /exchange for help..)
Mq2LinkDB (items.txt included you need to put it in the release file...)
The above plugins can hardly be called "stolen" from redguides since they're originally posted on MQ2 boards or in the case of DoCrack Forever-Hacking.

unknown405 said:
This site is starting to piss me off, especially because they've stolen all the macros I posted on this site when, if they just asked me, I would have gladly given them permission and never would have posted this in the first place. Their site is a complete rip-off of RedGuides, and as far as I know every single plugin and macro is from RedGuides 100%.

Alot of what RG has comes from other sources as well. The community cross posts most of it, and then the rest is copied and pasted "illegally" if you will.

Very few people are scrupulous here, and will take plugins and repost them elsewhere for access to other sites, most usually don't even have anything new. The worst, is people (you know who you are =) ) who rewrite DLLs and post them as their own creations taking full credit rofl.

Spring Cleaning! Sites stealing Redguides content

Users who are viewing this thread

Back