• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Spells and Discs Not upgraded with ToV/COV (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,193¢
I'm looking to compile a list of all the old and still useful spells/discs that weren't upgraded in ToV/COV.

If you are a pro in a class or know of an older spell/disc please post below.

For example.
Shaman
110 Squall from TBL - Glowing
110 Reckless from TBL - Glowing

For Zerkers:

Level 86: Cleaving Acrimony (House of Thule)
Level 89: Avenging Flury (House of Thule)
Level 94: Frenzied Resolve (Veil of Alaris)
Level 104: Disconcerting (Empire of Kunark)
Level 108: Mangling Disc (Ring of Scale or The Burning Lands)
Level 110: Brutal disc (Rain of Fear)

There are many in this list that are situation and/or not "prime time" but I've included whatever I had at the time.

Bard:
Sathir's Insult (110)

Beastlord:
Bestial Savagry (106)
Breather (101)
Focused Clamor of Claws (98)
Merc Fero (97) (don't really need cause of shared merc fero)
Ruaabri's Fury (98)
Savage Rancor (104)
Shared Merc Fero (100)

Berzerker:
Breather (101)
Brutal Disc (100)
Cleaving Acrimony Disc (86)
Cry Carnage (98)
Frenzied Resolve Disc (94)
Mangling Discipline (108)
Phantom Assailant (100)

Cleric:
Aura of Divinity (100)
Aura of the Reverent (100)
Divine Response (102)
Extricate Corruption (109)
Expurgated Blood (109)
Merciful Contravention (110) for using 2 contras
Merciful Intervention (108) for using 2 interventions

Merciful Remedy (106) heal meh plz

Druid:
Twincast (85)

Enchanter:
Brimstone Durability (109)
Infused Minion (107)
Learner's Aura (76)
Mindslash (110) (if using multiple synergy tier spells)
Mindsunder (105) (if using multiple synergy tier spells)
Twincast Aura (84)

Magician:

Arcane Distillect (85)
Bolt of Skyfire (106) for multi boltofs
Exterminate the Unnatural (98) meh
Mass Dark Transvergence (105)
Grant Frostbound Paradox (109)
Spear of Molten Arcronite (110) for multi spears
Twincast (85)

Monk:
Breather (101)
Counterstrike Discipline (109)
Doomwalker's Precision Strike (104) (you can use multiple)
Dreamwalk Discipline (66)
Drunken Monkey Style (85)
Earthforce Disc (96)
Eye of the Storm (98)
Firewalker's Precision (109) (you can use multiple)
Heel of Zagali (100)
Ironfist Disc (88)
Shaded Step (97)
Terrorpalm Disc (99)
Veiled Body (94)
Vigorous Shuriken (83)

Necro:
Flesh to Venom (109)

Paladin:
Blessed Guardian Disc (107)
Breather (101)
Force of Mercy (109)
Holy Alliance (104)
Merciful Purity (106)
Mericul Touch (106)
Reflexive Reverence (105)
Sanctify (106)
Wave of Expiation (109) (if you were using 2 waves)

Ranger:
Breather (101)

Rogue:
Agile-Footed Disc (99)
Breather (101)
Executioner Disc (100)
Knifeplay Disc (98)
Phantom Assassin (100)
Ragged Edge Disc (107)
Shadow-Hunter's Dagger (102)
Thief's Vision (96)
Weapon Covenant (97)

ShadowKnight:
Breather (101)
Cursed Guardian Disc (107)
Remorseless Demeanor (75)
Touch of T'Vem (110)
Touch of Lutzen (105) depending on how many touches you load

Shaman:
Frostbitten Gift (if you're trying to use two GiftDDs, which is probably unlikely)
Reckless Rejuvenation (110)
Reckless Regeneration (105)
Responsive Spirit (101)
Spiritual Squall (110)

War:
Breather (101)
Brutal Onslaught Disc (74)
Field Champion (110)
Flash of Anger (87)
Knuckle Break (95)
Offensive Disc (97)
Phantom Aggressor (100)

Resolute Defense (110)
Roar of Challenge (93)
Shield Reflect (73)
Throat Jab (73) (I'm not sure if the rank 3 is actually real)
Weapon Covenant (97)

Wizard:
Twincast (85)

i think everything will be instanced bar Tacvi for Ancient Cry of Chaos if i recall correctly (AOC might change that)

The biggest challenge is mostly doing the necessary progression to request some of these old skool raids. If you have that, then all is good.

HoT - farm Tick Tock and the Grounds Raid. Do Ruppoc Snakes for faction on the hand ins (for zerks and monk), 86 low faction is ok, but level 90 spells need max faction i think.
VoA - Beasts Domain and Resplendent Temple (I think) is ok (preferably with a decent mesh)
RoF - Velishan is quickest, if you fancy unlocking bi-fold focus on the vendor for your casters, then focus on Valley of King Xorbb
CoTF - Doomscale Horde, Dead Hills, and Tower of Rot are fun. Tower of Rot is good for unlocking Shield of Immaculate Light (Cure Disease Clicky) too. Stay away from the Bixie Raids (same as the group stuff ., massively unfun)
TDS - If you enjoy Arx Mentis there is something wrong with you. Everything after the first event is a piece of cake.
TBM - Vim and Vigor (with the balance macro) is a bunch of fun. Anything in the Demi Planes of Life or Decay need some decent meshes otherwise its a PITA getting to where you need to be, or fighting mobs on unmeshed pedestals with unmeshed bridge is decidedly sucky
EOK - Droga is easy mode. Other raids require some unavoidable mechanics (mounting griffins, decoding brazier locations, dropping Snowblaze's shield). Pick up a BP for a Vicious Axe click on your zerkers.
ROS - Cactiki -> pitiful surreal spiteful burgeoning - rinse repeat, otherwise End of Empire is a great AOE rampage fest.
TBL - Stratos and General Reparm are easiest here. Palace Gates should be a tank n spank burn fest too (but since its Tier 3, you will need flags)

Last edited:
Berzerker: Ritual Scarification/Open Wound line.

They're notorious for not keeping this one current with the content, and wasn't introduced until much later in the game anyway. All requests for it to be added during the CoV beta were ignored. So who knows if they plan to keep this one updated at all.

i think everything will be instanced bar Tacvi for Ancient Cry of Chaos if i recall correctly (AOC might change that)

The biggest challenge is mostly doing the necessary progression to request some of these old skool raids. If you have that, then all is good.

HoT - farm Tick Tock and the Grounds Raid. Do Ruppoc Snakes for faction on the hand ins (for zerks and monk), 86 low faction is ok, but level 90 spells need max faction i think.
VoA - Beasts Domain and Resplendent Temple (I think) is ok (preferably with a decent mesh)
RoF - Velishan is quickest, if you fancy unlocking bi-fold focus on the vendor for your casters, then focus on Valley of King Xorbb
CoTF - Doomscale Horde, Dead Hills, and Tower of Rot are fun. Tower of Rot is good for unlocking Shield of Immaculate Light (Cure Disease Clicky) too. Stay away from the Bixie Raids (same as the group stuff ., massively unfun)
TDS - If you enjoy Arx Mentis there is something wrong with you. Everything after the first event is a piece of cake.
TBM - Vim and Vigor (with the balance macro) is a bunch of fun. Anything in the Demi Planes of Life or Decay need some decent meshes otherwise its a PITA getting to where you need to be, or fighting mobs on unmeshed pedestals with unmeshed bridge is decidedly sucky
EOK - Droga is easy mode. Other raids require some unavoidable mechanics (mounting griffins, decoding brazier locations, dropping Snowblaze's shield). Pick up a BP for a Vicious Axe click on your zerkers.
ROS - Cactiki -> pitiful surreal spiteful burgeoning - rinse repeat, otherwise End of Empire is a great AOE rampage fest.
TBL - Stratos and General Reparm are easiest here. Palace Gates should be a tank n spank burn fest too (but since its Tier 3, you will need flags)

Hot and VoA one groupable or more of them?

Berzerker: Ritual Scarification/Open Wound line.

They're notorious for not keeping this one current with the content, and wasn't introduced until much later in the game anyway. All requests for it to be added during the CoV beta were ignored. So who knows if they plan to keep this one updated at all.
Yah I left this out because of that

I don't know about the other classes as much, but I should correct you a little bit on two that I raid with:

There are many in this list that are situation and/or not "prime time" but I've included whatever I had at the time.

Bard:
Sathir's Insult (110) - Spell Details for Yelinak's Insult (allakhazam.com)

Paladin:
Breather (101) - Spell Details for Relax (allakhazam.com)
Force of Mercy (109) - Spell Details for Force of Sincerity (allakhazam.com)
Holy Alliance (104) - Spell Details for Stormwall Coalition (allakhazam.com) (but no one uses this)
Merciful Purity (106) - No one uses this, we're going to do one of the following: splash, radiant cure, blessing of purification - too few uses to ever need these, probably why dev time was not spent making something that won't ever be cast
Mericul Touch (106) - Spell Details for Sincere Touch (allakhazam.com)
Reflexive Reverence (105) - Spell Details for Reflexive Redemption (allakhazam.com)
Sanctify (106) - No one uses this, same as above for curing -- probably why they didn't receive upgrades, plus is there anything corruption based anymore?
Wave of Expiation (109) (if you were using 2 waves) - No one uses two of these, they're slow as shit to cast with a long reuse, taking up spell slots for things a lot more useful for healing. I hardly use the one I have memmed for group/raid content.

Last edited:
bard: sathir's is a timer 6 and yelinak's is a timer 3 right? that's why there are two focus aa lines for insults, timer3, and timer6 not the same spell line

relax is poop, and many automation suites including the cwtn plugins use breather and don't use relax, definitely probably maybe certainly almost absolutely worth having breather on the list (relax has its place, but probably worth upgrading breather if you're looking to super farm everything)

Force - oops
alliance - oops x2
purity - no upgrade /shrug - i did mention there were questionable items there
touch - oops x3
Reflexive - oops x4
sanctify - no upgrade /shrug - i did mention there were questionable items there
wave - yeah i don't disagree, tho i have spoken with a few paladins who do use two. /shrug

Thanks for the corrections, i definitely had a bunch of those pal ones wrong

Yelinak is the non-push insult, like Sathir's. They should be the same line. That was given mid-beta when a bunch of us bitched and moaned about something we use constantly.

I'm not worried about most of those paladin abilities that I mentioned, I don't use them. Alliance is poop because it requires 6 nukes in 18 seconds from your paladins (SKs require like 4 to trigger? That's horseshit)
I'll always use Relax on my tanks, and Breather on my melee. I don't care if my tanks get a stupid garbage slow, I need them rotating discs again pronto. A lot of times I no-attack tank so that I am not eating ripostes, so slow or not really doesn't matter.

yeah i agree with you about the paladin, and definitely appreciate the potential value for relax, but still worth getting breather imo, but ymmv

regarding the bard thing, sathir's insult is timer 6, and yelinak's insult is timer 3

1633468973456.png

yelinak, omorden's, tsaph's, fjilnauk's, hykast's, venimor timer 3
sathir's, travenro's, kaficus', garath's, lyrin's timer 6

What is funny about the focus line, is they actually mix and match the timer 3 and timer 6
you can see here how it is kaf (6), Fji (3), Traven (6), Omorden (3)
1633468820411.png

now you can see on the 112 Omorden (3) and 107 Travenro (6), that these have pushbacks to them
but they are on different timers.

basically each tier you get a timer 6 and a timer 3 that has a pushback and doesn't, which means you can use two
1633469021909.png

regarding the bard thing, sathir's insult is timer 6, and yelinak's insult is timer 3
Yeah. You're right. But they have 5.75 second reuse timers, so unless you're casting like... only insults, and you put 1-2 insults in your normal melody, then you're not going to run into a problem with it being unavailable. There are some which use both Yelinak and Sathir insults, and I don't understand it unless the focus buff is still on by the time your second insult is being sung.
Something like:
1 insult
2 aria
3 warmarch
4 dot
5 insult
6 dot
7 dot
8 jonthans
repeat
-- you would be able to drop both insults in without any timing conflicts.

So yeah, You're right in that the "timer 6 non-push insult" still doesn't have an upgrade, and "timer 3 non-push insult" is a current content ability/spell/song.

Most of these probably fits under niche, but here are some more:

Bard:
Harmony of Tone (97)
War Chorus of Protan (96) - affects raid

Beastlord:
Monkey's Spirit Discipline (96)

Berserker:
Perturbing Scream (92) - only useful for ranged only fights, same timer as Throw/Snare/Stun

Magician:
Thaumatize Pet (83)

Monk:
Vigorous Shuriken (83) - DD, no timer

Ranger:
Pureshot (100)

Shaman:
Preincarnation (80)

some raid bards use a burn melody that uses 2 insults back to back, like: insult1 > insult2 >adps1 > insult1 > insult2 > adps2
So that's why they put them on different timers. I don't know why the other line includes a push effect, it seems like it only detracts from the utility of the spell. It's not like you're going to strategically push a mob with any degree of precision. They should drop the push effect and have 2 lines on different timers and have them upgraded in alternating expansions like how we got Ormodens in ToV and Yelisnak in CoV.

some raid bards use a burn melody that uses 2 insults back to back, like: insult1 > insult2 >adps1 > insult1 > insult2 > adps2
So that's why they put them on different timers. I don't know why the other line includes a push effect, it seems like it only detracts from the utility of the spell. It's not like you're going to strategically push a mob with any degree of precision. They should drop the push effect and have 2 lines on different timers and have them upgraded in alternating expansions like how we got Ormodens in ToV and Yelisnak in CoV.

If the current version works how the older versions worked, the mob is pushed in the direction the bard is facing, so it's actually extremely precise. If you want to "push" the mob a little closer to you, simply put your back to it and cast the insult.

The double insult rotation isn’t just a caster only group. The only group adps songs a bard is singing anymore are aria and warmarch. Outside of that it’s dots and insults. So optimal twists are song insult song insult patterns

Bard:
Sathir's Insult (110)

Beastlord:
Bestial Savagry (106)
Breather (101)
Focused Clamor of Claws (98)
Merc Fero (97) (don't really need cause of shared merc fero)
Ruaabri's Fury (98)
Savage Rancor (104)
Shared Merc Fero (100)

Berzerker:
Breather (101)
Brutal Disc (100)
Cleaving Acrimony Disc (86)
Cry Carnage (98)
Frenzied Resolve Disc (94)
Mangling Discipline (108)
Phantom Assailant (100)

Cleric:
Aura of Divinity (100)
Aura of the Reverent (100)
Divine Response (102)
Extricate Corruption (109)
Expurgated Blood (109)
Merciful Contravention (110) for using 2 contras
Merciful Intervention (108) for using 2 interventions

Merciful Remedy (106) heal meh plz

Druid:
Twincast (85)

Enchanter:
Brimstone Durability (109)
Infused Minion (107)
Learner's Aura (76)
Mindslash (110) (if using multiple synergy tier spells)
Mindsunder (105) (if using multiple synergy tier spells)
Twincast Aura (84)

Magician:

Arcane Distillect (85)
Bolt of Skyfire (106) for multi boltofs
Exterminate the Unnatural (98) meh
Mass Dark Transvergence (105)
Grant Frostbound Paradox (109)
Spear of Molten Arcronite (110) for multi spears
Twincast (85)

Monk:
Breather (101)
Counterstrike Discipline (109)
Doomwalker's Precision Strike (104) (you can use multiple)
Dreamwalk Discipline (66)
Drunken Monkey Style (85)
Earthforce Disc (96)
Eye of the Storm (98)
Firewalker's Precision (109) (you can use multiple)
Heel of Zagali (100)
Ironfist Disc (88)
Shaded Step (97)
Terrorpalm Disc (99)
Veiled Body (94)
Vigorous Shuriken (83)

Necro:
Flesh to Venom (109)

Paladin:
Blessed Guardian Disc (107)
Breather (101)
Force of Mercy (109)
Holy Alliance (104)
Merciful Purity (106)
Mericul Touch (106)
Reflexive Reverence (105)
Sanctify (106)
Wave of Expiation (109) (if you were using 2 waves)

Ranger:
Breather (101)

Rogue:
Agile-Footed Disc (99)
Breather (101)
Executioner Disc (100)
Knifeplay Disc (98)
Phantom Assassin (100)
Ragged Edge Disc (107)
Shadow-Hunter's Dagger (102)
Thief's Vision (96)
Weapon Covenant (97)

ShadowKnight:
Breather (101)
Cursed Guardian Disc (107)
Remorseless Demeanor (75)
Touch of T'Vem (110)
Touch of Lutzen (105) depending on how many touches you load

Shaman:
Frostbitten Gift (if you're trying to use two GiftDDs, which is probably unlikely)
Reckless Rejuvenation (110)
Reckless Regeneration (105)
Responsive Spirit (101)
Spiritual Squall (110)

War:
Breather (101)
Brutal Onslaught Disc (74)
Field Champion (110)
Flash of Anger (87)
Knuckle Break (95)
Offensive Disc (97)
Phantom Aggressor (100)

Resolute Defense (110)
Roar of Challenge (93)
Shield Reflect (73)
Throat Jab (73) (I'm not sure if the rank 3 is actually real)
Weapon Covenant (97)

Wizard:
Twincast (85)
Any update on this with NoS expansion?

These two had upgrades in NoS
yeah this thread was for ToV/CoV, ToL, NoS, etc all had spell lines with random new updates that hadn't happened in ages.

not sure if burd intended on keeping it up to date, but it falls in line with the thread title

I think the unspoken answers is buy CTWN and use the missing functionality. 🌮🌮🌮

Rgmercs spell definitions are probably the best source of this information currently. Just annoying to collate by expansion.

I think the unspoken answers is buy CTWN and use the missing functionality. 🌮🌮🌮

Rgmercs spell definitions are probably the best source of this information currently. Just annoying to collate by expansion.
So I’ve been using them for that. IT doesn’t tell you which ones are key for RK3 though. Like Beast gettting rank 3 on rubato, shared ferocity etc is a huge difference..

Discussion - Spells and Discs Not upgraded with ToV/COV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back