• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Spawntimer ? (1 Viewer)

Marques85

RedCents
Hey There,

one question, is there a Spawntimer to see when a Quest NPC will spawn again? (maybe in MQ2?)

For example : someone hand an item in = NPC despawn = now i dont really know (not exaclty) when it will spawn again

Best regards

At a guess, spawning mobs is server side, so no "cheat" to tell when a spawn will happen.

There are of course various ways to make a count down timer, but they amount to the same as setting an egg timer on your desk.....IE you still have to know when X NPC despawned and how long is it's respawn,and if it has any variance (Like say 6hour +/- random number up to 45m) which you are only going to find through experience or research.

But that is just a guess

- - - Updated - - -

At a guess, spawning mobs is server side, so no "cheat" to tell when a spawn will happen.

There are of course various ways to make a count down timer, but they amount to the same as setting an egg timer on your desk.....IE you still have to know when X NPC despawned and how long is it's respawn,and if it has any variance (Like say 6hour +/- random number up to 45m) which you are only going to find through experience or research.

There are also the span watchers that announce when something on a list spawns

But that is just a guess

Thanks all, is there a Chance for "A script obviously turned in " ? like im afk and Auto Hand in?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a :

/Tar NPC

/AutoTurnIn item

Function ?!

You got pretty close
Rich (BB code):
/tar npc <his name>
/itemnotify "name of item" leftmouseup
/delay 2s ${Cursor.ID}
/click left target
/delay 2s !${Cursor.ID}
/notify GiveWnd whateverthegivebuttoniscalled leftmouseup

You got pretty close
Rich (BB code):
/tar npc <his name>
/itemnotify "name of item" leftmouseup
/delay 2s ${Cursor.ID}
/click left target
/delay 2s !${Cursor.ID}
/notify GiveWnd whateverthegivebuttoniscalled leftmouseup

Here is the full give button command:

Rich (BB code):
/nomodkey /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup

UI interactions are a PITA to find, so wouldn't wish that upon anyone when I already have the info.

Hey cool thanks :) i have no "clue" of this things ...

How can i use this now? Do i Need MQ2 with a Addon running? (which Addon?) or with the "ingame" Macro like "/g Inc a %T get ready ---

?

Is diving through the XML the only way to find out whateverthegivebuttoniscalled?

I'm not in front of my code right now, but basically yes to start, as far as I'm aware. Then once you narrow down a bit it's all about the window commands in MQ to figure out what is available in that container, then continuing to experiment and drill down. I wish everything was in the XML, but I have not found that to be the case.

Happy to be proven wrong, though. Would save a lot of time.

Question - Spawntimer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back