• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Sony Screws Its Customers (1 Viewer)

Master1111

RedCents
Well as of 30 min ago sony has screwed over about 50% of its players on E-marr not shure about any other server. Players have been rolled back up to 2 days lost mass amounts of gained xp, gear,Platnum,aa u name it its gone. I have yet to see a single serverwide message about this problem. From what i have gatherd so far Sony screwed up and on last patch put in a Beta vendor in the bazaar that sold Discordant Scorie for 100 plat vender was up only for 1-2 hrs.Not all purchased this that is known but anybod that has had anything to do with the purchaser has been rolledback even if u bought a diff item from them on there trader. SONY U SUCK

Also happened on Rathe, lots of people in my guild lost tradeskill combines, levels, raid gear and cash. The vendors were also selling metallic drake scales and hides for 1cp.

Now sony royally fucked up, I lost all my money (and that is a LOT) I ever made and a day of work (that I can live with). They are just asking for it and I'm not gonna threaten with quitting or any shit like that, for once they are pissing people off who can actually do something about it.

Completely deleted a toon my husband had made. Luckily some of the items he had equipped were put back into his shared bank (BoC, Helmet of RZ) but some things he had purchased and of course the pp he had used to purchase them were gone. Not really sure why unless the Magnetic BP he had bought was made using something bought of the vendors. Sucks big time.

There were serverwide messages, as well as the MOTD. Oh, and I'm on Emarr, so I don't know how you missed it. I didn't get affected at all, since I didn't buy from the merchants, and didn't get any items from people who had, and didn't have my trader up so nothing was bought from me with money gained from buying said items. Yeah, I'm sure there was a better way SoE could have gone about this. Yeah, there were some innocent people caught in the mix, and that really sucks. But for those people who bought from the merchants, what did you expect?

Dude it's not about the people who lost stuff they bought from merchants. I have no problems with rollbacks but it's a big clusterfuck, people are losing everything, not to pre-patch state but completely random.

Hotter said:
I agree. Like I said above.

You say 'some' but the problem is that too many innocent people got screwed. Rollback is fine but removing all the money from my bank is not fine. There are many, many people who have very strange things done to their accounts and sony is not doing anything to resolve them.

They definitely should have shutdown and rolled everyone back. They miscalculated the impact and breadth of the problem and have caused a worse ruckus by adopting a wait-and-see tactic. I read the comments from "The Producer" on station.sony.com, and his own words indict them. They chose not to do a server shutdown, but as they dug into the problem it got deeper and broader, to the point they were impacting players many times removed from the source...and for indirect contact made well after the original problem was removed.

I saw the warnings, but knew I was not engaging in at-risk activities. I was meleeing most of the day to evolve a weapon; what, me worry?. I did come back into PoK a few times to replenish potions and food. Lo and behold, they rolled me and my weapon back; /petition got the same stock answer as "The Producer" oinked.

Yeah, I'm hooked like most of you, and won't take any overt action (like quitting for good), but this is another example of poor decision-making on their part.

....and another 15 minutes of my life irrevocably invested in SOE with no return in sight *sigh*

/Agree with odessa and warrene (whom I know in game)..I recently made a twink character before all the npc merchant shit hit the fan etc, never used/bought/touched any gear that had come from those merchants. My character was flat out *deleted* by SOE. As in, I went linkdead while playing, came back and he was no longer there. Over 150k+ Spent on him, plus some odds and ends which I swap around, plus levelling time.

Not a ton of plat in the scheme of things but to flat out take it with no involvement ( I was in fucking noob zones levelling him).....Have heard even worse stories, about people losing corpses, suits of gear, tons of saved aa's etc. I petitioned about my deleted character and I got a reply that was generic shit like :

"We're sorry, but we're only restoring epic item drops and flags that a person couldn't get with casual playing.."

I was angrier than I have ever been at SOE's customer service for god sake's. THEY DELETED *MY* CHARACTER. So now I have to re-petition and lie and say I "accidentally deleted him" and pray to god they fucking cooperate.

SOE had two options : Let their mistake slide, or shut down , rollback, and then bring the servers back up. They chose a bullshit method, and now it is biting them in the ass. Frankly, SOE could have let the mistake slide. I've checked a few different servers, and the economies are fucked up as is. Simple tradeskill items going for over 5k+ in baz, up to 70k.

Why not flood the market with alittle extra ? In three days any effect it had would be gone, prices might have dropped alittle and thats not bad. For the people who only play EQ for baz buying and selling, should fucking go outside, maybe play with the stock market. Another group of people are the tradeskillers who bitched at others getting "hard earned" goods for nearly nothing. Except what they mean to say is that, "Why didn't you leave PoK up long enough so I could benefit, then I wouldn't bitch"

/sigh SOE messed up bigtime...I wonder if its possible to rollback a rollback? :(

funny thing about this, after they screwed up, as promised they put in the double xp for the weekend. They then stated that they are extending that until Tuesday.LOL what a f-ing lie. They turned around and nefed double xp on stromm completely earlier today. Starting to really think another game altogether is coming up soon LOL. I really wished I'd come across a sony dev or bigwig in a dark alley somewhere LOL. Would be a very ugly day for that poor person.

Anyone on here petition and get anything that they lost back? My husband just realized today that he lost an SoD that he had put on the twink that got deleted. He is sick to death, but not sure if he should petition or not.

We didn't get the SoD using MQ, but we run it all the time and don't want to bring attention to ourselves if there's no possiblity of getting any results.

i lost 3 AAs due to rollback on my alt :p

But this double xp pwns! Ive now managed to get over 50 AAs today just using HHk mms with the exploit for no lockout timer

Druid said:
New Game???
It's called VANGUARD
Do your own googling...

Made by the people who were Verant.
/sigh ... it's funded by Msft

Yeah and it's also so far away in the future that talking about it now is just stupid. I am in beta, trust me SoE can sleep just fine.

Sony Screws Its Customers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back