• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Song Discussion #1 (1 Viewer)

Creed

RedCents
I love Disturbed...now that Creed broke up a while ago...Disturbed has become my favorite band. They recently released a new album and the songs on it seem to have possible multiple meanings. One of my favorite things is music...not becuase of the tunes, but because of the words..many don't know this but i am actually a poet. I love to disect songs to get what i think they may mean...so for those of you that enjoy this type of thing...feel free to share what you think this song may mean. I have 2 theories and will post both after a few other people post what they believe the song means.
[Quote="Deify" - By Disturbed]

All my devotion betrayed
I am no longer afraid
I was too blinded to see
How much you've stolen from me

You want to know why I feel so horrified?
I let my innocence die
You want to know why I can't be pacified?
You made me bury something
I won't be sleeping tonight

I only wanted a blessing made
Now I've been labeled a renegade
It seems so clear now what I must do
You're no immortal
I won't let them
Deify you
They view you as the new messiah
Deify you
Renew belief in some demented man (or man)

You want to know why it seems the passion has died?
We've all been living this lie
You want to know why my will has been fortified?
You've made me hunger again
Good luck sleeping tonight

I only wanted a blessing made
Now I've been labeled a renegade
It seems so clear now what I must do
You're no immortal
I won't let them
Deify you
Deify you

All my devotion betrayed
I am no longer afraid
I was too blinded to see
How much you've stolen from me

Deify you
Deify you
[/quote]

just to let you know...there are things that are in the background of the song that can't be seen in the lyrics...low voices and such, mumbling...if you would like to hear this...i believe there is a demo at disturbed1.com

these voices/saying in the background actually convinced me that this song means something totally different that what reading the individual lyrics led me to believe before i listened to the song...

If you want a song that has a double meaning, one great song because of the lyrics is

Metallica - "master of puppets"
Needlework the way, never you betray
Life of death becoming clearer
Pain monopoly, ritual misery
Chop your breakfast on a mirror

the song you were talking about I haven't heard yet but going off the lyrics alone, it sounds like its about all the child molestation in the church, I only come to that conclusion because there seem to be references to losing virginity, and a loss of faith in god and those who teach it. I could be wrong though, I haven't heard the song so It would be hard for me to come up with a really good Idea of what the song is about.

Song Discussion #1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back