• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Someone Create More Mission And Paragon Luas (1 Viewer)

Hell I'll run them, if you just program them so everyone else has them. I'm Speaking to anyone capable of writing LUAs.
like?

there are only 2 LS Missions and there are luas for both of them.

are folks still running older ones? which ones specifically?

there are a lot of missions in the game, and i think folks would put effort into things they're currently doing vs. randomly doing stuff that they're not

TBL might be a fun expansion to do. It's still relevant. Some events are fun. Some are challenging at that level/gear anyway.

Lua for repeating old missions for useful rare drops like shrink, Invis or Lev items would be kewl.
I personally love writing for missions/events/raids.

However there's an enormous difference between hacking something to help your specific char/class/need - versus polishing it for public consumption.

For the reason deathlock mentioned, I have several scripts for a few of the DoD missons and others - but they're really rough and most need babysitting.
Same for older raids like VoA's Two Sides of the Stone or CotF's Pelzia's Plot. Both got me the victory but it wasn't pretty.

As Dewey said, the best case is learning to write your own - which can be 90% copying/reusing what others have done in other scripts, coopting and tweaking for some other situation.

I'd be willing to do anything that helped people. I just like to help. And I know that your script in particular for FF helped me Golden Frog. Sic I'm not asking anyone to give up what they are doing now. I don't know what anyone is doing now. I was offering to do Missions that someone could write scripts from if they had the logs or viewed.remotely and had notes, so those missions scripts could be given to the Red Guides community. Hell I don't even know if that is possible. But I do like to help and give back.

I would purchase /Lua scripts that help me automate Mercenary and Partisan tasks as well as Missions from RoF through current Expansion. I have way too many alts to get them all done. I have ZERO skill in writing code and such. Thanks for the thread RobRenfro

Learn from others to write your own LUAs and you'll be set for life.
I would love that Dewey but I don't want to just do it for me, I want them to give back to the community here me. And I'll never be able to write LUAs. I'm a triple winner A stroke, two non malignant brain tumors and MS. My brain is mush. I'm diminished and these days I have limitations. I couldn't remember my own key bind for a screenshot yesterday I don't think I'll be writing LUAs.

I’m similar to most in that I have stuff written for myself that works but would take days of time I simply don’t have available to get them polished for public consumption, everyone’s use cases, multiple different forms of automation etc.

Also, the more publicly accessible (aka lower price) and automated fire and forget something is the more attention it will get and the more risk it will draw.

Like others, I’m slowly learning to write some of my own stuff by piecing and patching together what others have written.

Like Sic said, what exactly is it that you need a script or Lua for? You may get more mileage out of asking for help or a script to resolve a specific problem that is beyond the scope of normal boxing of a group, instead of a blanket request for scripts.

Some things can be resolved with a couple hotkeys making a LEM/event/react or standalone script a wasted effort.

Imma start handing out infractions for people saying “LUAs”

They’re “Lua scripts”, get it right! Lua is not an acronym. It doesnt need caps.

Sheesh!!
the passion for Lua over macro runs so deep some folks just want to scream from the rooftops!

As someone who can and has done every mission and every achievement without these addons.... I'm happy there is something that helps those that don't enjoy that aspect of the game as much. These would be the same as TSNext for me. Getting 6 toons to max AP is now something feasible lol.

Imma start handing out infractions for people saying “LUAs”

They’re “Lua scripts”, get it right! Lua is not an acronym. It doesnt need caps.

Sheesh!!
Someone should put in a feature request to rename all Lua files to .Lua and have MQLua pre-process all comments and strings in .Lua files to enforce proper standards

Request - Someone Create More Mission And Paragon Luas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back