• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

SOE taking new stance on bans?? (1 Viewer)

Wizman

RedCents
Hey all,
Not looking to start the pros and cons debates all over, but a guildie of mine just got banned the 27th and recieved this e-mail in reply from SOE. I'm hoping they're taking a serious look at how many the've banned so far and the cost to the game taking that many accounts out of action. Especially since I've had 2 guildies banned who wouldn't have been if I hadn't got them hooked on MQ2. As of today my accts are still active. I know both of these guys had used the shared bank hack multiple times. We are on Luclin.

Greetings,

At this time we have not decided if we are going to allow players to reclaim their accounts after all the accounts involved with this practice have been investigated and removed from the servers. Your account was clearly recorded in our logs for using third party programs and unfortunately we may not share with you at this time those exact records. We are still investigating other accounts on a daily basis and can not share information that will jeopardize those investigations. At this time we are not releasing any accounts until this issue has been thoroughly investigated by Customer Service and Development. We will keep a copy of this email on file and will reply to you as soon as we know if the account is eligible for release.
Regards,

EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com
--------------------------------------
Sony Online Entertainment
www.station.sony.com
---------------------------------------

Maybe there's hope they will un-ban all who have been banned yet. I hope so, and am holding my breath on my accts. :D

yea, this has been posted before by some others who have been banned. i doubt few people will get their accounts back, though i hope they do...

don't sweat it, you're new here and there are a lot of good posts to look through, hard to look at em all. You'll get it down though, just get in the habit of running searches on topics now and then ;) keep yerself updated.

and welcome to the guides.

I banned myself well no but I canceld my 15 accounts today =) just because they nerfed someting that I loved for years now its toasted so I figure fuck um Ill go play WoW or a game that is still hackable =)

A friend of mine just got unbanned. this is copy'd from his email:

After taking your account history under consideration, it has been decided to grant leniency in your case. You may reopen your account by reentering the billing information.

It doesn't say original billing information, per se. Perhaps they just want you to enter the billing information as proof that you would like to continue paying for (ie keeping) your account.

JaimeMori - When was your friend banned?

no they will ask for the first and last four digits of the original credit card used to open the account, thay always ask you to verify who you are before helping you with any issues concerning an account, at least when it's escalated to the point where they are paying attention to you.

I don't see anything that says that you must speak with them about reopening your account. If you have to 'reenter' billing information, you can simply go to your account page on eqlive and enter the information there.

Also, what if you no longer have the original credit card that you paid with? I've had contact with Sony before, and while I no longer had my original credit card, I was able to get/do everything that I needed.

I just lost a bard account due to not having the original credit card numbers, they were going to unban it, but only with those numbers.
No I did not save the e mail, I wish I had so I could post it.

they nerfed ranger ghost abyss at least for now it warps you back to location you started at. I know we can probley block the new packet thats causeing this its a latency/I donno packet =) I just got mad and cancel all accounts and go play WoW that is easy to hack.

tbh ihave 2 legit accounts and 2 traded ones, been playing for 4 years and i sure as hell cnt rember my legit CC numbers, had no idea i wud need em again so cut the cc up and binned it.

SOE will tell you the experation date and what kind of card it is if you can tell them the name on the card. Then you need to call you CC or bank and tell them the expiration date and they will give you the #'s you need.

ok so i got baned not too long ago, they said my account will re-open in 7 - 10 days. but i got baned for same third party bullshit. but i do know my CC info and all that crap, original code keys and stuff. but my bard... i mean if they have lgos or what ever they will be able to clearly see i didn't levl my bard from 55- 70. MQ2 did. o well see what happens i already got a new account and starting the same shit all over agian, if you stop useing MQ2 the terrorist win.

while still have problems with mouse cursor pointers i had that latency problem as well but after fixing it, i do not have problems with warping at all.

I reckon they should use the '3 strikes and out' procedure. They'll still keep the accounts but most peeps would stop doing stuff if they had warnings I reckon.

This is the ban letter I got in april and never got back. Based on the info here about the possibility of getting a banned account back I have written a new email to try again to get it back.

Rich (BB code):
Greetings, 

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to modify game play while interacting with NPCs. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to permanently close your account. I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service/cs_EULA.jsp

BY PRESSING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU ACCEPT THE AMENDMENT TO THE USER AGREEMENT AND SOFTWARE LICENSE BELOW. BY PRESSING THE "DECLINE" BUTTON, YOU DECLINE OUR OFFER, IN WHICH CASE YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR RETAILER REGARDING ITS RETURN POLICY FOR THE EVERQUEST CD-ROM. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact customer service at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>. 

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

We always regret taking any disciplinary action against our customers, so we ask that you please review the above as well as the rest of our policies, which are located at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service. If you have any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures regarding the use of third party programs, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply.

Thank you. 

Regards, 

EverQuest Account Status Administration 
[email protected] 
www.everquest.com 
-------------------------------------- 
Sony Online Entertainment 
www.station.sony.com 
--------------------------------------- 
-If you reply to this message please be sure to include the entire thread of our prior correspondence.  Thank you

SOE taking new stance on bans??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back