• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - So you don't think collections are worth it? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,126¢
So many players I speak to in the game over look collections and say they are useless and only OCD folks like myself bother with them.

You want to bother with these is because you can get 18 AA per (example: in ROF - Collections - 101 Ways to Keep your Chin Warm gives 18 plus a little exp)

AND when you complete each expansion's collection achievement arc you can get an increase in how many personal trophy's you can use at one time!. (Under AA - Special tab - at the bottom is Trophy collector with 4 levels. So you can have 8 trophy's (you start with 4 slots so this adds 4 more) and chose 4 personal trophys in addition to your guild trophys. And personal trophys add to stats.

AND you can get an actual stat trophy, a bag, a crate on some!

Starting with Rain of Fear and all expansions since there is a category of "Collections" under each expansion in the Hero's Journey window. Each of the collections listed cover the different zones in that expansion. It takes a lot to finish off each expansion. There are a few ways to get the collection items:

Go get them your self - some are ground spawns and some are dropped from mobs.

Buy them in the baz or from other players.

Use Overseer and get them as rewards. This is a longer process as it takes going thru a process to claim each one and its more than a few steps. The ones from Overseer are not tradable but can be attuned so you could use an unattuner to trade them around. Tip: The unattune is Not worth it.

Have a guild with a "collection" house where guild members can deposit and take out needed collects.

Tip - most of the collectables in TWK are laying on the ground and have a super fast respawn. So just run around there and pick them up. They are too common to spend plat on buying them in baz

Tip - check the baz using filters Select by type then "collectable" and use the price feature to make the list smaller. Buy the cheap ones so you don't waste Overseer rewards on those.

They do not put the latest expansion collects in Overseer until the next expansion comes out but you can still buy them in baz even if you don't own the expansion and it will count towards the /ach. Kinda cool how that one works.

You can store them in https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=132606 from the anniversary quest and which btw is heirloom so you can put it in the bank, alt can take it out and then if you collected 2 of each items just do the combine again. You do have to do the quest twice anyway so.

There was also a special crate given out with the launch of ROF (Collector's Dimensional Case) or it may be available this summer if they bring out a collectors bundle for that expansion.

There are some collects that you need the special Collectors edition of ROF . Or if you bought the Collectors bundle (last year?) it had a painting of Shards Landing in it and if you hold that in your inventory it allows you to collect those.

Enjoy!

then there are people like me...don't have a house or lot, don't want one. Don't bother turning on trophies ever so don't need that. I do hunters, so don't need more bags. AA are easy to max if you're up to snuff each expansion while doing gearing/hunters. I don't use overseer either for the same reason, no point when it's so easy to get to max. I certainly don't want to run around clicking little shiny things on the ground all day long just to get rewards that aren't applicable to me. Not knocking your write-up here, but collections ARE still useless. I get EQ is a game of stacking little incremental boosts, but you don't even need to bother with augments, and haven't need to for years, unless you're raiding...even then not really. It still surprises me to see how many people tout AUGS AUGS AUGS for tanks. You don't need them, at all. Yes, they are nice to have IF you're undergeared to start with, but even being 2-3 old expansion back in gear these days isn't a hindrance, thus augs are not necessary anymore. EQ has declined significantly with all the additional garbage they added, but have no idea how to maintain. I'd love to see them wipe all that stuff out at some point, since they keep weakening the gameplay loop every expansion instead of keeping it challenging; which is what EQ players want or we'd be playing another MMO.

then there are people like me...don't have a house or lot, don't want one. Don't bother turning on trophies ever so don't need that. I do hunters, so don't need more bags. ... blah ....
Collections are useful, just not for people like you.

Easy XP, not just AA, good for characters not 125 yet, and also required to level up the cloak and necklace.

I would like to add a pointer to mq2groundspawns so that you don't waste precious Overseer tokens on easily obtained collectibles. Also, Toon Collect Xtreme is a utility for hunting needed collectibles out of the bazaar.

I was just doing collections on my Tanks until you added the house and taught us so much about it.
Thank you! Iirc you were using tribute for the guild so I was like, hey you can use tribute for these trophy's and they can get you some good stat increases also:

TOV - 55 Heroic Statistics, 100 Spell Damage and Heal Amount

ROS - AC: 200, 15 Heroic Statistics, 2,000 Hit Points Mana Endurance, 50 Spell Damage and Heal Amount

TOL - 75 Heroic Statistics, 150 Spell Damage and Heal Amount

NOS - 85 Heroic Statistics, 175 Spell Damage and Heal Amount

they're even better if you play fulltime on test, do the collection on a live server than copy them over as many times as you like! collections are awesome

Collections also give 2% of a level each. More during bonus exp. And the corresponding merc aas (I use them but you may not need them).

That adds up really, really quickly, particularly if you cannot do missions or other progression, like when you are using personas.

There was a bug that gave 200% exp (yeah, 2 levels) per collection. My test bunch got all levelled by that.

Also, you don't need to do the floor collection ones, just loot all the items as you kill in each zone and you will probably have most of the ones. Click whenever you want (you cannot click items twice), then store what's left somewhere else for your alts.

If you have all the items but missing some, you can do overseer and get it from there.

And I post this when I think its needed, but I'll add.....

2 - Overseer Collection Item Dispenser reward from Diplomacy, Trade, and Exploration quests can be used to make No Trade collection items up to Terror of Luclin. The No Trade collection items are Heirloom and can be traded on the same account. You can also put the No Trade collection items in an Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner to make it tradable to anyone. Nice if you are missing one collection item from a set to help complete it.

And I post this when I think its needed, but I'll add.....

2 - Overseer Collection Item Dispenser reward from Diplomacy, Trade, and Exploration quests can be used to make No Trade collection items up to Terror of Luclin. The No Trade collection items are Heirloom and can be traded on the same account. You can also put the No Trade collection items in an Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner to make it tradable to anyone. Nice if you are missing one collection item from a set to help complete it.
Yes, I did list Overseer as an option but like I said, I don't feel those are worth it for other characters or baz selling due to the cost of the Unattuner.

Yes, I did list Overseer as an option but like I said, I don't feel those are worth it for other characters or baz selling due to the cost of the Unattuner.
Understood. Not everyone plays on live. So the cost of the Unattuner might not be as much of a barrier. Over time, you may be able to copy over 8 at a time. Its time consuming. Agreed. But if you don't want to hunt up or bazaar search on live, then its a viable option.

Understood. Not everyone plays on live. So the cost of the Unattuner might not be as much of a barrier. Over time, you may be able to copy over 8 at a time. Its time consuming. Agreed. But if you don't want to hunt up or bazaar search on live, then its a viable option.

I had bought some no-trade on FV by accident. I ended up building up unattuners on LIVE until I could permanently swap them. So I agree with this also as it relates to Test.

There's nothing more tedious than collecting items. It's terrible enough when you have to collect items for an Epic, let alone anything else in EQ. Nothing in this world will ever convince me to waste my time on Collections.

Tip - So you don't think collections are worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back