• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - So i finally locked down my boxes (1 Viewer)

knightdane

RedCents
262¢
over time i have ensured to have around 12+ alts on each account...

then i have a period where i only played 3 accounts... and now i'm back on 6 accounts.

but i have always been thinking that on the account that has the enchanter, i have to have the bard, so i can switch between them.
And that has probably been the most stupid way of thinking about it.

Instead on each account that has an important class, i should never have another important class even if they overlap somewhat.

So now my new base setup is this (with Alternate Persona in mind)

Shadow Knight (will do warrior and paladin and maybe a mage and melee dps when personae comes out)
Mage (this is my main, might make a tank when personae comes out so i can farm 2x3 characters with mercs)
Cleric (as my shadowknight is not well geared, i have the cleric for best heals - will make a personae dps to switch out when not needed)
Shaman (will level a dps on this account later)
Enchanter (will maybe level a dps on this account when not needing enchanter due to bard aoe mez - on tlp where it's not in yet)
Bard (not thinking he needs much but levels and aa's for now. Might level a mage on this later)

So i'm going for the slow and steady setup first. That can hopefully survive anything the game throws at it.

And then once everyone hit's max level (85), and personae is out, i can start going towards SK + SHM + BRD + DPS + DPS + DPS

but for now, i'm keeping it safe. And man am i loving the good mq2 class plugins.

If only there was a bard one out... :p

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Also, just make one character per account and then you have access to all the characters all the time at the same time.

I'm not so sure about the bard, as usually a melee team will benefit more from it in DPS rates, as opposed to casters.

Also, just make one character per account and then you have access to all the characters all the time at the same time.

This sounded insane to me at first, but it's actually really not too costly to get that many expansions. Assuming they were all f2p most of the year and fed the occasional krono to reduce cost.

being on test makes this a non issue i've got over 80 accts mostly with one toon on each 18 of those accts get expansions with me cycling new expansions for 2 groups and leaving 1 gruop on the previous expac etc. just some food for thought for getting around these issues on a live server =)

and its cheaper to buy expansions than to sub/krono accts etc

being on test makes this a non issue i've got over 80 accts mostly with one toon on each 18 of those accts get expansions with me cycling new expansions for 2 groups and leaving 1 gruop on the previous expac etc. just some food for thought for getting around these issues on a live server =)

and its cheaper to buy expansions than to sub/krono accts etc

I love the idea of test but I think the lack of economy would be a dealbreaker for me. It's a big part of why I like mmos.

Discussion - So i finally locked down my boxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back