• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - smooth login for a lot of char (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,291¢
I'm just now getting started with a lot of toons and am wondering what others do to log in smoothly with say 20ish or more. I'm going to be running a lot of dude but as I build out I'm running into timeouts which as caused by unusual activity being flagged on accounts where I have to go in and add 2fa - things like that. So figured I'd ask the question and see what others do.

Do you login in sets or all at once?

EDIT: sorry also forgot to ask. Do you manage all your char options individually? or is there a way to mass change things for example advance display settings.

Like robben said. As long as they are all running off the same directory just changing 1 settings will affect all.

I will actually be installing a few more directories prolly today or tomorrow bc I want my main drivers settings different.

thanks guys, working out the kinks.. had one log in, change setting but also had another toon logged in under a window ... lol messed everything up...

@vsab thanks, Do you do that through mq2 autologin or do you have a batch file that does that?

@Robban / @notoriouskeef This doesn't seem to work with the general settings, is that stored in the EQclient %charname%.ini?

thanks guys, working out the kinks.. had one log in, change setting but also had another toon logged in under a window ... lol messed everything up...

@vsab thanks, Do you do that through mq2 autologin or do you have a batch file that does that?

@Robban / @notoriouskeef This doesn't seem to work with the general settings, is that stored in the EQclient %charname%.ini?
What settings are you looking to change. I know any video settings sound display keys etc... Will affect everyone. Don't forget to turn your background fps under display-advanced to at least 60 fps. I use 100.

I was trying to use ISboxer but for what ever reason the settings don't carry over with that. So I went back to MQ2autologin. I like the way ISboxer handles the windows while keeping resoution the same throughout but if it keeps switching my display settings to default it isn't going to work for me. Wasn't sure if there was something similar or what others were doing.

EQ_54_Accounts_Images.PNG

Last edited:
So anyone that might like try using ISBoxer for managing their windows like me, Just a quick tip on the settings front. As noted above, EQ stores your display settings in a single file so that no matter who you log in as, they are the same. It's the EQClient.ini that holds this info. ISBoxer does what is called "Virtual Files" in which it takes the EQClient.ini and copy's it to a new file for every character you box. This way you can individually set options for each character individually. If, like me you opened your toons prior to setting any options, this file will already exist. For me it never updated any settings. I had to delete the files in ISBoxer and in the EQ directory that it had created. Once I did that, I used the Virtual File wizard to create new files. Then confirmed everything was set by logging into my char again.

@Szazor Agreed, yes I like its mgt of windows a lot. It also allows for a lot of things like building button sets, hotkeys, overlays and more. Just a good tool to round out a large group. I havn't seen any other software that allows for windows mgt like isboxer does. but then again I havn't looked to hard... lol

I just posted this in another discussion but maybe u guys could help regarding isrboxer.

I just use mq2autologin now. Once upon a time I used to use batch scripts, WinEQ etc and now I just use windowed mode and mq2autologin. I've signed up to the ISB trial about a million times and never got past the initial setup. The only thing I miss is different client ini's per character but to be honest I have my "main" using one folder and an ini with all the special effects turned on, and my bots in a different folder with everything off. The macros here are so good now I rarely/almost never switch to secondary characters anyway.

Question - smooth login for a lot of char

Users who are viewing this thread

Back