• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Slow comp (1 Viewer)

bakshi

RedCents
My comp has been acting up. I used to beable to 2 box eq on my comp and have itunes running in the background and now if I have anything running while eq is running it gets all choppy and everything lags really bad. I dont know what it is and Im hoping I dont have to reinstall windows xp because I cant find my recovery cd. I have tried everything running spy bot adware ccleaner and defraggin my comp I dont know whats the problem any1 have any ideas. Or am I just going to have to find a way to get windows xp and reinstall it??

I have an idea, get an upgrade ;) I'm in need of one myself. I have a whopping 1.25 gigs of ram, 32 gigs HD, and NVidia GeForce 5600FX. I'm telling you it's badass!!

Its not the greatest comp its amd and it is a 2.0 ghz dual core NVidia GeForce 5600FX card 2 gigs of ram.

See what tasks/processes are running in the background, determine if you really need them, if you don't, take steps to stop them from running at launch, etc.

I'd also look at upgrading your graphics card, You can get a good one for around $100.

this sounds really stupid, but check your heatsinks and make sure they aren't covered in dust, and that you have sufficient airflow all around. i had a friend whose system went to shit, and he checked for spyware etc and everything looked fine, then i cracked his case, and found his CPU heatsink wearing a sweater made of dust and crap.

dustheatsink.jpg

;)

Slow comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back