• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Skylance 1 Mission ideas? (1 Viewer)

Shiboleth

RedCents
This is a tough mission now since the mobs up top are perma-rooted. We used to just pull them from the top before they changed it. I tried some things like warping up to the top of the library and twisting dps on the perma rooted mobs but the books/other mobs were still able to hit me WAY up in the air at several points along the wall near the top.

So, I figured I'd come to this community for more ideas.

The mobs are perma-rooted and do not summon. What are some possibilities?

First) Wrong Forum
Second) Clear everything in the zone; kill the one that doesnt spawn the adds first
Third) Kill the one that spawns the adds and BURN it as fast as you can.

Sorry.. I don't know much :)

Yea it did get tought...Clear both ramps of mobs...Its not many like 6-10 then Kill the one that spawns the books first...Main tank named then just set a main assist on books...after that guy is done go for the other one....
On this one you need to disc on engage..Full out DPS till he dies..once he dies hope you have an FDer or something that can loot the named corpses and do turn in while you guys get out..

How i do mission.

1. Clear the 4 wanderers
2. Kill the namer to the right first...really easy if u have a 2nd tank
3. When doing the namer to the left...i have the grp go back to ent then i get aggro on the namer...he'll spawn all his adds (like 10 of them) then i fade
grp comes back up and kill the adds one by one. Cool thing is after u kill the adds and you go up to kill the namer he will NOT spawn any more so is a very easy fight. Takes little longer then goin up and zergin him but is safer to do if your grp is lacking dps.

What I did was pull the mobs from both ramps like stated earlier. Pull down to the library bottom to give you a safer area to fight in and it gives you some distance to get single pulls while avoiding more agro.
Once the ramps were clear, we went for the guy on the right. My group consisted of 2 warrs so when a book would pop the 2nd warr would beat it down. What worked good for us here was not dps'ing TOO fast so that we wouldn't end up w/more books until one was about dead.
Then we moved to the left guy. All out burned him and we never saw an add pop from him.
The rest of my group was chant/clr/dru and there was a monk but I don't recall using him actually.
This was how we were finally able to do this.

This mission is extremely easy still. There are only 4 trash you need to kill before going for the 2 named. 2 on each named side.

Once that is done, go to the Book named (one on the right). You can sit and debuff him before you engage since he is perma rooted. The books spawn in the following order:

First at 99 or first damage taken
Second at 80
Third at 60
Fourth at 40
Last at 20

So it is a good idea to kill a book if it is up before taking him down to another book trigger level. We just have the MA agro the book when it pops and let the named and book hit on them since they are pretty weak.

After that have the MA rush the other named and burn him fast. When we do it, he generally only spawns 5 or 6 of his adds and 4 of those lock into a path over on the book guys side. That leaves us with the 1 or 2 others that roam near the other side.

After that just go turn in. The Scrykins on the ramp to the Head Librarian are indiff to all.

Skylance 1 Mission ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back