• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Skye's powerleveling guide (1 Viewer)

skye

RedCents
290¢
Thought i would share how i power level my char's since i am always power leveling new ones.

1st off i use a higher level druid or ranger to start with, then I switch to a high level shadow knight.
I damage shield power level all the way, also will need an AoE (area of effect) on the char you are power leveling
if it doesn't have an AoE you can go to Nagafen's Lair also known as sol B and buy oil of fennin ro from
Zordak Ragefire near the fire giant's but they are rather expensive so be prepared (cost about 1049pp each)
or you can do what i do and just make a free account and level a AE class with the other. when pulling with
the Shadow knight always remember to not do any damage to the mob's. when I pull I try to put non weapons
and shields in primary and secondary to help not do any damage.

1st I start in crescent reach.
i keep the highest level damage shield, hit point buff, regen, and sow on that the dru or rgr can cast
(to start the highest that can be casted on a lvl 1 is the level 40 ish spells none higher).
after buffs run around melee or cast to do at least 1 point of damage then move to the next mob
rinse and repeat while the DS takes care of the mob. do this on the 1st and 2nd parts of CR.
(drakes and spiders then bear's and puma's)
once the puma's and bear's are light blue i move to the 1st undead area and change tactic's slightly.
i take the dru or rgr and set him/her in the middle of the undead area and buff with all DS's available
i take the char that i am power leveling and do at least 1 point of damage then pull to the dru or rgr the mob almost
always agro's the dru or rgr and the DS kills it and the char that is being power leveled gets the xp.
i do this till 20 to 25.

Next i head to blightfire moor's.
head to the undead area in the NW corner of the zone. There i switch out the
dru/rgr for the Shadow knight. at this point you are going to need the AoE (area of effect).
then i load 2 to 3 AE agro spells on the SK. the spells work best as they hit all mobs around the Sk as the AA ones
only hit up to 8 mobs. then i use the Sk run around the undead area and pick up as many mobs as possible
WITHOUT doing any damage with the Sk. i pull close to where the char that is being power leveled
is just sitting and waiting. cast the Sk's agro spell's 2 to 3 times to get agro all on sk
then run the char being power leveled to the group of mobs and AE them may have to do this a few times depending
on resist's then let the DS on the Sk kill them all and boom xp a plenty. rinse and repeat till about level 35 to 40.
these mob's respawn rather quickly

Next i head to Goru`kar Mesa,
EDIT I found something better here the pack of green legion by sunderrock springs zone line use the sk and pull them
near your power leveling char or group let the last one run from you and as the others respawn they will run to
the sk I did this and it was non stop until I decided to stop it.
do the same tactic as above with giants or any mob's that are ready to attack
aka kill on sight it makes for faster leveling and pulling for the Sk. the dromek giants are in the
north area near the steppes zone. I do this till about level 56

Next i head to the steppes.
I go to the gnoll area in the NE corner of the zone and once again use the SK to
pull then cast the AoE agro spells and have the char that's being power leveled AE and let the SK's DS kill the mob's
and gain mass xp! (also here you will make very good plat while at it). rinse and repeat till about level 70 to 75.

Alternately if you are 56 crypt of decay is a better place to go.

Next i head to Fortress Mechanotus.
here you can do the same tactic as we have been to 80 or 85 then you should be able to group with the Sk and
continue to wipe out the zone or group the power leveling char with a box team or friends and level the rest of the way.
you can also get a lot of tinkering trade skill mats and very good plat here.

Lastly in Frontier Mountains (EoK version)
Now I take the 85's to EoK's Frontier Mountains group with my 110 ranger find a spot with
plenty of mob's and head shot power level the rest of the way to 110 as the mobs here are
mostly dark blue and respawn rather quickly. I like to raid them together and also use my
2 other 110 rangers for headshot as it goes amazingly fast.

All this can be done with free to play accounts and don't need the newest xpan's either!
It usually takes a day or 2 to level up to 80/85 if not less. a lot of times i do this
i am power leveling a group at a time either mine or i let other's join me as well.
this is how i like to do it but I'm sure there are better places than I go to and better way's to do
this, this is just a guide hopefully to help. i will be more than happy for advice/changes or other things to
help this go more efficiently. please feel free to add anything and thank you for taking the time
to read this and i hope this helps many out there.

Skye 110 level ranger goddess!! on trakanon :) (but not a real woman playing her lol)

Last edited:
I know why you say that.. my ranger is female and it's surprising how chatty people are to her compared to my other characters
and the true fun starts when a friend of you is "exceptionally nice" to a female character not knowing that it is you playing that char *giggles*
I had some funny conversations in the past like "I hear you met soandso ingame? Folks tell you seem to fancy her a bit - eh?" :)

I have a female character that has her own friends list and constantly gets invites to group occasionally with suggestive stuff thrown in. I never respond to sexy stuff except by being really snarky and those dudes eat it up. At least I think they're dudes :D I have read somewhere that 1/2 of female characters had male players and 1/5 of male characters have female players

2 updates to guide I have found 1
in Goru`kar Mesa I found something better here the pack of green legion by sunderrock springs zone line use the sk and pull them
near your power leveling char or group let the last one run from you and as the others respawn they will run to
the sk I did this and it was non stop until I decided to stop it.

also for 56 10 70 or so crypt of decay is a better place to go.

CoD is same "tier" as BoT I believe, and you can do BoT unkeyed at 56 now as well. No need to go to storm and quest the key anymore afaik.

The exp in FortMech is now horrible........ I used to swarm PL characters there from 65 to 80+ and it literally took about 4 to 5 hours, this was maybe a year ago when I last did it, I recently attempted this and the exp was a fraction of what it used to be, it took me about 3 nights (about 4 hrs per night) to get them leveled up, I tried both tactics, DS and group swarming, both painfully slow exp :(

What I do with my main 3 pally, bard, zerk. actually i just use the pally and the bard if im leveling a melee i will make a wizzy or mage to go with him, just makes things faster.
Pally with shields in both hands run around aggro it all bring it back ae aggro, wizzy, mage, or cleric AE dmg, Turn bard dmg shield song on and turn my back with pally on the mobs pretty much can get any character to 85,

I start in Crescent reach until it gets slow, in the 20's
Then i go to PoK and do the instance mission till im bored, usually low to mid 30's
Then to Lower Guk Undead side(they dont run) till mid to upper 40's
Then Pok again till im bored usually around 65.
Then to Fortress Mech i go up the first elevator start on one side all the way in the back pull each building back to the elevator, then pull the other side.

By 85 than can be grouped so i go take em to sathirs tomb in group, Its high level but they get max exp per kill up till 93 or so and its a fast respawn, most mobs die in 20-30 seconds

I don't why people don't like to PL with a cleric. I use my 115 cleric to get any toon up 50 extremely quickly.

start in CR buff with Temp and IU to the last bridge. Park the PLee on the bridge then remove all DS's on the cleric (make sure the cleric does 0 DS dmg). Run the cleric around (might want to stick to about 10 mobs for the first 10 lvls after that 20-25 is usually fine. Once you have the desired number of mobs make sure they are all grouped up on you, hitting your back first (make sure your PLee is on your ETW cast your highest HoT that is allowed I forget the lvl and then cast Blood of the Vicarum on the group of mobs and make sure as soon as it lands you are running straight past the PLee. Since the mobs are undead and you've done zero dmg and zero aggro they will all stop and hit your PLee and instantly die and the PLee gets the exp.

You can do this until 25ish and it works great. I suggest having bags on the PLee for the auto loot. You can actually make a few hundred pp in the 15 minutes it takes.

I then move to Blightfire Moor to the undead skellies in the upper left of the map.

Here I change it up a bit since these guys can kill your PLee rather quickly so I cast the AA root on each mob then once all rooted i move away and cast Mark of Wenglawks on each (don't try blood at this point because they survive a swing usually. once all are reversed DS'd up i send in the PLee to attack and it ends with the same result of the mobs dying in one hit. make sure you drop a Hot on the PLee as needed. You can do this until about 35-40. This takes a little longer. I am usually at this stage for about 45 mins.

Then I move to Nadox. At this point it would be beneficial to use an SK as it might be faster, but I'm not sure if an SK can handle as many as my cleric (I only say that because I pull 50+ lvl 48-54 mobs at once and i do a lot of sitting to take dmg and healing to maintain aggro. Each pull takes about 15 minutes from start to finish but each pull is 3-5 lvls to start (more if you burn lotd). I go to the undead side and park my PLee just outside of the undead area then I run the cleric and grab every undead mob, there are about 50-75 i totally don't recall (you will get lag so be patient they will follow. I then go into a corner and let them beat the snot out of the clr and then I heal, I like to use the promised line and spam sit to take lots of dmg and get that heal after 18 secs. You need to remember with 50+ mobs hitting you it can be difficult to get a cast off on a regular heal so save your AA heal for an oh crap moment. Once I feel that I have sufficient aggro I run the toon in and AoE. (if the toon has no aoe I will have hit up Solb earlier and grabbed potions). I have a lvl 55 bard that I keep at that lvl specifically for the AoE song (I just make sure my PLee is lvl 38 before coming). Once I feel the bard has damaged most of them (I use the lowest aoe to reduce aggro) I click on DS onto the cleric (sometimes I have a mage waiting sometimes not depends on the account). Continue to spam sit and heals and allow the mobs to kill themselves. (very important to not /sit on the bard or PLee or they will sometimes draw aggro). Once that is clear I do the same with the room back up the ramp and also down the ramp to outside Inny area. (Try to avoid aggroing any casters because they gate). By the time I clear the 2nd area the first is respawning. I do this until about 55ish.

This is my stuck lvl range. I am 3 lvls too low to group with my heroic monk so I have to find exp somewhere. Usually I just use the clr again and root mobs and reverse ds them to get those lvls in feerott the dream. Once I hit 57 I can group with the monk and I use clr and enc outside of group to buff and heal the monk (I have hotkeys on the monk that tell clr to heal and enc to mez etc (I use Night's Endless Terror line and that with haste my monk usually doesn't need heals. once PLee hits 60 I group him with my 90 warrior and do the same usually at the temple area with the green lizards. I do this until PLee hits 70. I then move to a 100 toon and do the grounds until 80-85. Sometimes I stop at 80 because I had a 110 SK but I moved the SK up.

The point of this though is Clr PLing is super fast 1-35 just something for you people that don't have an sk to think about.

I also didn’t realize you could have a shield in primary until the above posts...never even bothered to try hah

I don't why people don't like to PL with a cleric. I use my 115 cleric to get any toon up 50 extremely quickly.

start in CR buff with Temp and IU to the last bridge. Park the PLee on the bridge then remove all DS's on the cleric (make sure the cleric does 0 DS dmg). Run the cleric around (might want to stick to about 10 mobs for the first 10 lvls after that 20-25 is usually fine. Once you have the desired number of mobs make sure they are all grouped up on you, hitting your back first (make sure your PLee is on your ETW cast your highest HoT that is allowed I forget the lvl and then cast Blood of the Vicarum on the group of mobs and make sure as soon as it lands you are running straight past the PLee. Since the mobs are undead and you've done zero dmg and zero aggro they will all stop and hit your PLee and instantly die and the PLee gets the exp.

You can do this until 25ish and it works great. I suggest having bags on the PLee for the auto loot. You can actually make a few hundred pp in the 15 minutes it takes.

Thanks for posting this informaton, it's the first time I've read of this strategy and it's interesting fresh thoughts.

There is a query coming to mind. It's with regards this 'Blood of Vicarum' to cast onto the group of mobs. Perhaps 10 mobs, and later 20 mobs you say.
1622076175176.png

The spell description says it's single target. From the strategy I was thinking some kind of AE.
As I've pasted the above and wondering, i note the entry - viral range - not something I'm familiar with, perhaps that explains it.

But as you can guess, I've never main played a cleric!

I see there is a 'Blood of' line of spells, and also a 'Mark' line. It reads that the Blood is exclusive to cleric, and has this 'viral range' bit mentioned. The 'Mark' is present between clerics and paladins, but no viral range mentioned. That blows the thought that came to mind of paladins doing the same thing, of reverse DS a large group.

Did you pick Blood of Vicarum, as it gives 371 points of damage, to try 1 shot the mobs? I'm wondering how many HP they have, and if a lower level 'Blood of' would work. Noting that the spell requires a level 105 cleric, and weaker 'blood of' spells start upward from level 75.

You can do this until about 35-40. This takes a little longer. I am usually at this stage for about 45 mins.

That is also an impressive number. The strategy suggests getting to high 30s, 40, in about an hour or so.

Last question that comes to mind. AA's.
Is there an AA for cleric, that would boost the damage done by these Blood or Mark lines of reverse damage shield?

Regards and Best Wishes

blood is viral meaning that it spreads to other mobs nearby. That is why you use it up to lvl 25ish. the mobs die in a hit and the person being hit gets credit for the dmg hence no need to actually hit the mob.

Weaker blood lines would work as well, however, you might have to adjust your pull size because 20 mobs pounding a low lvl toon can kill him fast especially if they each get 2 or 3 hits rather than 1.

Low to mid 30's in an hourish yes.

No AA's to boost the line. the single target versions have a much higher dmg on them.

You can even use a pally on the root, reverse ds part because the high lvl pally version is insane as well and pallies get an AA root as well fast recast.

I go till about 20 with my druid and do rhe golden pick quest and head to fort mech with an sk till they can get exp with my main group. The pick only does 1 point of damage but it is unresistable so a level 20 toon can do damage to a level 85. I pull enough to fill the extended target list and go down the list hitting each mob for 1 point. They level like crazy at first, couple levels per tiny pull.

I go till about 20 with my druid and do rhe golden pick quest and head to fort mech with an sk till they can get exp with my main group. The pick only does 1 point of damage but it is unresistable so a level 20 toon can do damage to a level 85. I pull enough to fill the extended target list and go down the list hitting each mob for 1 point. They level like crazy at first, couple levels per tiny pull.

Use the macro "Hitall" and pull 30 mobs, join BCC and it will on your SK show you hit 1 our ot 30 mob 2 out of 30 ect... really nice

All I need now is golden pick quest macro :)

I do exactly the same thing as @Turaj Steelfist for the low levels, but then I usually for mid levels take them to fort mech, pull 100+ mobs with my SK using the Wurmslayer which blocks almost 100% of there damage, I bring them all back to my plvl toons, keeping the SK back to the mobs as to not repost them I then cast "Confluent Disruption" and then with the clr heal SK 2 or 3 times so it fires getting massive agro on the pile, sometimes this can take a while as the zone usually lags out and mobs rewind for a while till the whole zone gets to you. I then come out with one of the plvl toons and use the hitonce.mac/or AE if it can land, once all mobs hit, you just chain sit with the SK till they explode.

only thing to watch out for on the plvl toons is some mobs AE and in turn can slowly kill plvl toon might need spot heals.

then I usually get slow between 80-85.. which I usually just pain through, once 85 I group with a 115 rog and burn an assasinate zone to 100, which takes about 2 hrs. the rest is what most people do.

last group I did took about 12 hrs to get from 1-100, but that was with some messing around getting spells and such.

So what had worked well for me, and I'm recently back so I don't have near the same amount of experience or deep bench to help yet, but it is very similar to what everyone else had said, I just make a lowbie bard to PL the group with so I can do 5 characters at a time with my high level bard. I also use my druid to quickly move the groups around.

I start in CR moving up to the undead hill at the north end of the newbie zone.

After that I move to blightfire and go from the stonehive bixies and wasps to the undead tower in the north. This takes me to 40 very quickly.

After that I jump over to Maidens eye, plenty to mass pull here and move up a few levels and then at Barridu the hanging gardens is a good spot to quickly pull the zone and get up to mid 50s. Have to be 50 to zone into hanging gardens tho, careful if you try to port a lower lvl char in, it drops them randomly somewhere in the zone they are in and they can fall to their death or end up in the middle of a mob path lol happened to me a few times before i figured it out.

I have a heroic monk, I was messing around and leveled him to 87 but now I have him set to fill AA XP, once my toons hurt 58 to group with him I can drop the bard and just use him to murder the soldiers in direwind, you go from 58 to like 70s very quickly, as you level up move up the pass towards the raid mobs in the rest side of the zone, if you support him with a healer outside the group he can basically pull as much as he wants, just need to make sure he tags the mobs before they kill themselves on the damage shield is really my only limiting factor as far as speed. I bet an 85 bard works work even better in this role since he could always make sure he does already 1 point of damage to larger groups.

I haven't found a good spot to go from the mid 70s to 85 yet to start grouping with 115s, but I also don't have a really deep roster yet, only a shaman at 115 and a did and bard at 102, I love that ranger idea with HS in FM, and the hanger idea send really cool, def want to look into that! This is a really fun new way to play for me lol

Last edited:
I do exactly the same thing as @Turaj Steelfist for the low levels, but then I usually for mid levels take them to fort mech, pull 100+ mobs with my SK using the Wurmslayer which blocks almost 100% of there damage, I bring them all back to my plvl toons, keeping the SK back to the mobs as to not repost them I then cast "Confluent Disruption" and then with the clr heal SK 2 or 3 times so it fires getting massive agro on the pile, sometimes this can take a while as the zone usually lags out and mobs rewind for a while till the whole zone gets to you. I then come out with one of the plvl toons and use the hitonce.mac/or AE if it can land, once all mobs hit, you just chain sit with the SK till they explode.

only thing to watch out for on the plvl toons is some mobs AE and in turn can slowly kill plvl toon might need spot heals.

then I usually get slow between 80-85.. which I usually just pain through, once 85 I group with a 115 rog and burn an assasinate zone to 100, which takes about 2 hrs. the rest is what most people do.

last group I did took about 12 hrs to get from 1-100, but that was with some messing around getting spells and such.
Curious about the assassinate burn. Is the rogue supported? Are there more than one? What level zone? That seems like a crazy timing for 85-100.

Guide - Skye's powerleveling guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back