• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - Skills2 (1 Viewer) 0.4.3

RedCents
2,488¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Blasty submitted a new resource:

Skills2 - Skills2 will raise your skill for your abilities and spells.

Skills2 0.1 - Original Author: Blasty
Maintained for RedGuides by Blasty 2021-12-09
Purpose: The Lua script will help you level up almost all your skills (Active, Passive and spell) This script replace the macro: skills.mac
Feature:
  • Will auto increase most of your skills
  • Meditate when needed
  • Stop when finished
  • Ini file with all the spell for each class
  • Begging rutine
Todo: Safefall, Specialize

Read more about this resource...

Sneak and Hide are not refreshing, same with macro. Once a sneak and hide are successful they quit being reused. It's also staying seated with a rogue, instead of standing and backstabbing. After staying seated it will not try to backstab again, even after standing back up.

Last edited:
Well Blasty I tried out your Spells2.Lua and heres what I have found....

1. Overview is okay but you could go into a little more detail about how it works.

2. Their is no information on its use... Dose it work on all classes? Do you have to set up the spells first in the spell gems if you are trying to raise up your spell skills.

3. Above you mentioned and INI, where is it located and does this create the ini or do you have to create one for it to use?

4. Where do you put the Spells2.Lua file? Do you have to create a folder for it?

5. Does this work in the Lua Task Manager to control start and stop of the Lua file?

I am not saying that this is bad. I ran into the same thing as nubcake and started looking for answers.... I am sure that this is good but when you can't get it running then its kind of a let down.

Zeb

Well Blasty I tried out your Spells2.Lua and heres what I have found.... It's skills.Lua

1. Overview is okay but you could go into a little more detail about how it works. Noted thanks! This will come in the next update for sure.

2. Their is no information on its use... Dose it work on all classes? Do you have to set up the spells first in the spell gems if you are trying to raise up your spell skills. Works on all classes yes and it will mem the spells by itself

3. Above you mentioned and INI, where is it located and does this create the ini or do you have to create one for it to use? Ini file is created the first time you run it

4. Where do you put the Spells2.Lua file? Do you have to create a folder for it? Lua file goes into MqNext/Lua

5. Does this work in the Lua Task Manager to control start and stop of the Lua file? All Lua files does yes

I am not saying that this is bad. I ran into the same thing as nubcake and started looking for answers.... I am sure that this is good but when you can't get it running then its kind of a let down.

Zeb

I'm sorry @Zebadiah I feel this feedback you give is more to show you how the basic wortk with MQNext and Lua.
I fully agree that a Lua script should be very easy to use and I really like all feedback I get. I strive to implement as much as I can. :)

Anyway if you need help in understanding skills2 feel free to PM me on Discord and I'll gladly help you.

I am willing to test drive it... I seem to be able to break things (one of my many talents). Anyway if you want help with getting this to work really great, I am here to help.

Also sorry I was trying to raise divination up on my SK. I know its was Skills2.Lua but had spells on the brain....

Zeb

I am willing to test drive it... I seem to be able to break things (one of my many talents). Anyway if you want help with getting this to work really great, I am here to help.

Also sorry I was trying to raise divination up on my SK. I know its was Skills2.Lua but had spells on the brain....

Zeb
Thanks Zeb. Thanks for putting time into it and thanks a ton for your feedback!

Okay been working on my Necro... suggestion: evocation skill I would change the spell to Ward Undead. Mana is only 5.... the only thing is to find a way to target the pet or merc.
Word of Shadow is a PBA spell so when cast it could as you say effect things around the necro. Also it uses 85 mana ....

Just something to consider....

Oh I first had to run it the normal way /lua run skills2 to get it to make the ini .... After that I could use it from the Lua Task Manager....

I will continue to test this and let you know what I find...

Zeb

It does not appear to be skilling up "Bind Wound."
It appears to be trying to skill up sneak and hide after they are already maxed.
Worked great on Begging and the active skills.

It does not appear to be skilling up "Bind Wound."
It appears to be trying to skill up sneak and hide after they are already maxed.
Worked great on Begging and the active skills.
Ahh your right. It's fixed in the next release (already maxed)
Remember you target needs to be wunded to skills up begging. I will test it again though. :)

1642955143977.png

It seemed to work, though after about 20 mins I never got a skill up(567/590) not sure if its just that rare or not far enough of a drop.

also noticed if I do a /stops it says "stopping after this round..." yet just kept on going.

Hey Blasty.

Awesome Lua mate. Just one thing i noticed and not sure if anyone has said anything, you might want to put it notes or something that if you are using Class Plugins make sure you pause them first especially if you are doing spell skill up as they will continue to try and overwrite the spells you have for the skill ups.

Hey Blasty.

Awesome Lua mate. Just one thing i noticed and not sure if anyone has said anything, you might want to put it notes or something that if you are using Class Plugins make sure you pause them first especially if you are doing spell skill up as they will continue to try and overwrite the spells you have for the skill ups.
Thanks a ton for the feedback and you are spot on. I will update notes on next version update.

Not sure what/how this happened, but thought I'd post it. I went to GH and targeted a dummy, I ran /sda and it started casting with the equipped 2 hander, in chat window it said I need a shield to Bash, so I tried swapping out the two hander with a one hander, I did not notice it immediately but the 2 hander was deleted. I tried grabbing a shield which disappeared off the cursor, I figured it simply went into a bag because the Lua script was running, and he was still casting. What I learned on stopping the Lua, was that it was casting making a hammer and deleting it (to raise conjuration), but it was deleting items on the cursor. In this case it deleted (with no prompt) a nice two hander and two shields, I will have to buy 3 Tokens of Reclamation to get those items back, I have to hope the 2 hander will still have its gm reward weapon ornament (fingers crossed). May I suggest to put something about that in the FAQ. Or if any code to NOT delete any item other than the hammer being summoned.
Now that I know what it was doing I can let it continue to test out other things.
1645036374341.png

Update: Got my 3 items back, and weapon did have its Ornament.. WHEW. I did not zone or log off as a precaution.

Last edited:
Not sure what/how this happened, but thought I'd post it. I went to GH and targeted a dummy, I ran /sda and it started casting with the equipped 2 hander, in chat window it said I need a shield to Bash, so I tried swapping out the two hander with a one hander, I did not notice it immediately but the 2 hander was deleted. I tried grabbing a shield which disappeared off the cursor, I figured it simply went into a bag because the Lua script was running, and he was still casting. What I learned on stopping the Lua, was that it was casting making a hammer and deleting it (to raise conjuration), but it was deleting items on the cursor. In this case it deleted (with no prompt) a nice two hander and two shields, I will have to buy 3 Tokens of Reclamation to get those items back, I have to hope the 2 hander will still have its gm reward weapon ornament (fingers crossed). May I suggest to put something about that in the FAQ. Or if any code to NOT delete any item other than the hammer being summoned.
Now that I know what it was doing I can let it continue to test out other things.
View attachment 38050

Update: Got my 3 items back, and weapon did have its Ornament.. WHEW. I did not zone or log off as a precaution.
Thanks a ton for the report! And you are right! The rutine destroys anything in the cursor as to keep the cusor clear from summoned items, foragred items etc.
I will update FAQ right away and sorry for issue it has caused you.

Thanks a ton for the report! And you are right! The rutine destroys anything in the cursor as to keep the cusor clear from summoned items, foragred items etc.
I've been running it since my last post, its doing great, stupid disarm is so slow to finish last 2 points. I stop it if I want to switch weapons.

Might want to consider bagging anything that isn't what you are specifically intending to delete.

Might want to consider bagging anything that isn't what you are specifically intending to delete.
I'll second that. It works great btw! I was skilling up begging, and I thought, I'll re-arrange my inventory - picked up a full bag of stuff and poof. Honestly think the destroy option should be just that, and option that you can turn on. That way there's no mistakes.

Great Script though, other than that, I really like it.

Also ran into these 2 issues.

First was when trying to do /SDA on my SK
View attachment 37786

Second was trying to do /SS on my SK
View attachment 37787
I know this is old but I don't see it as being resolved.
I have the same situation with my SK.
I have checked that i have the correct spells in the book.
I even deleted them and rescribed anew.
Its not creating the ini for the sk.
It works fine for beastlord, mage and druid, and I can't understand what I might be doing wrong.

I know this is old but I don't see it as being resolved.
I have the same situation with my SK.
I have checked that i have the correct spells in the book.
I even deleted them and rescribed anew.
Its not creating the ini for the sk.
It works fine for beastlord, mage and druid, and I can't understand what I might be doing wrong.
Thanks for reporting. Even that if you are doing something wrong I could code it better with some controls.
I will look straight into it :)

Update
So by looking at it I think
Attachment 37786: is due to you not having a target
Attachment 37787: Spells not defined in your config file, typo etc.

I will add some controls to it.

Last edited:
Lua - Skills2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back