• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - SK vs Zerk DPS?? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
82¢
Below is a parse for my group (minus the cleric) i am returning to live after a long break, killing in CoV and i cant seem to get the zerk DPS up.... i feel like he should be doin 4-500 dps both zerkers are running Mq2BerZerker and im just lost at this point....

A restless othmir in 48s, 35.5m @740611 | #1 Zerk1 11.5m@(240.4k in 48s) | #2 SK 11.1m@(231.9k in 48s) | #3 Zerk2(112) 7257k@(151.2k in 48s) | #4 Bard3757k@(83.5k in 45s) | #7 Sham + pets 75k@(2.5k in 30s)

Thank in advance

regarding the SK, they are beasts, they tank and they spank. their DPS is top tier.

regarding the zerkers,
are you Free-to-Play? if yes, then sub.
what level are you? assuming 115 ish, if yes, then sustained DPS for a good group (same composition as yours (inc. a BST) in CoV, is like 3mil DPS. a good single mob full burn, your group should hit between 7 and 12mil DPS.
class synergies > all, drop cleric or 1 zerker and add Beastlord
got all your Discs? is /BER missing reporting anything?
got all your AAs? especially in new Expac, if you update your synergy spell/disc before you have maxxed your AA, then DPS goes backwards
got your epic? if not 2.0 then get it
does your shaman have his epic 2.0?
does your bard have his epic 2.0?
got all your type 5s ? and decent hDEX. you want to hit the cap on your crit rate (depending on having a fancy campfire, class buffs, tribute etc), this can be a number as low as 2500, but somewhere around 3200 will do it natively
got the biggest baddest 2hander you've got access to?
got your damage augs? and unlocked their proccing variations?
got as many +accuracy augs (type 18s and 19s) as you can (TBL evolvers, TOV earring, NOS cloak)
got your Circle of Power clickies?

your objectives are to
1) maximise the amount of time your DPS is critting, and
2) maximise the amount of damage they are doing when they are critting.

Parse at 115, end of last expac. killing just the trash mobs (blues, whites and yellows) roughly 60 mobs in 20minutes in 'The Crusaders' mission. SK Tank owns the Zerkers (riposte is worth something)

1672052560805.png

Last edited:
If you're rocking a SK you should definitely pair it up with a zerk in your team...and a bard and enchanter...i prefer cleric for safety but shaman is pretty rad dps wise...rogue and ranger and you've got a kickass team for sure...or you can go bst instead of ranger

Not as far as FTP vs Sub...yea subs will do much better...but my FTP team outparses quite a few "subbed" teams too...just takes the right clickies and heroics aa's and augs to get there

If you're rocking a SK you should definitely pair it up with a zerk in your team...and a bard and enchanter...i prefer cleric for safety but shaman is pretty rad dps wise...rogue and ranger and you've got a kickass team for sure...or you can go bst instead of ranger

Not as far as FTP vs Sub...yea subs will do much better...but my FTP team outparses quite a few "subbed" teams too...just takes the right clickies and heroics aa's and augs to get there
A lot of old school people think that Bard and Enchanter are redundant but they aren't in the modern game. Bards can fit in anywhere. Personally I'm funny in that I like to have ports which a lot of people don't use so I'll have a Wizard or Druid or sometimes even both in the crew

If you're tanking with a 2hander, knights can easily outdps regular dps classes on non-burn and non-sustained (e.g. shorter than 1 minute) fights. This has been the case for a while. The ratios on their 2handers just slap anything other classes have. Pair this with the high ripo chance, and knights shred group content.

Side note, my personal opinion is that clerics are one of the most useless classes in the game right now (simply because the game is designed around burning as fast as you can). A shaman can easily solo heal any group content and actually provide a non-trivial amount of dps while doing it (both in the form of adps as well as personal dot dps).

If you're tanking with a 2hander, knights can easily outdps regular dps classes on non-burn and non-sustained (e.g. shorter than 1 minute) fights. This has been the case for a while. The ratios on their 2handers just slap anything other classes have. Pair this with the high ripo chance, and knights shred group content.

Side note, my personal opinion is that clerics are one of the most useless classes in the game right now (simply because the game is designed around burning as fast as you can). A shaman can easily solo heal any group content and actually provide a non-trivial amount of dps while doing it (both in the form of adps as well as personal dot dps).
they can in raid too under certain circumstances - pretty dumb topping heals and being very very very high on the parse lol

i have been contemplating dropping the cleric.... just not looking forward to the grind on a new toon lol

regarding the SK, they are beasts, they tank and they spank. their DPS is top tier.

regarding the zerkers,
are you Free-to-Play? if yes, then sub.
what level are you? assuming 115 ish, if yes, then sustained DPS for a good group (same composition as yours (inc. a BST) in CoV, is like 3mil DPS. a good single mob full burn, your group should hit between 7 and 12mil DPS.
class synergies > all, drop cleric or 1 zerker and add Beastlord
got all your Discs? is /BER missing reporting anything?
got all your AAs? especially in new Expac, if you update your synergy spell/disc before you have maxxed your AA, then DPS goes backwards
got your epic? if not 2.0 then get it
does your shaman have his epic 2.0?
does your bard have his epic 2.0?
got all your type 5s ? and decent hDEX. you want to hit the cap on your crit rate (depending on having a fancy campfire, class buffs, tribute etc), this can be a number as low as 2500, but somewhere around 3200 will do it natively
got the biggest baddest 2hander you've got access to?
got your damage augs? and unlocked their proccing variations?
got as many +accuracy augs (type 18s and 19s) as you can (TBL evolvers, TOV earring, NOS cloak)
got your Circle of Power clickies?

your objectives are to
1) maximise the amount of time your DPS is critting, and
2) maximise the amount of damage they are doing when they are critting.

Parse at 115, end of last expac. killing just the trash mobs (blues, whites and yellows) roughly 60 mobs in 20minutes in 'The Crusaders' mission. SK Tank owns the Zerkers (riposte is worth something)

View attachment 44623
regarding the zerkers,
are you Free-to-Play? -- They are gold.
class synergies > all, drop cleric or 1 zerker and add Beastlord i will be honest i completely forgot about synergies.....
got all your Discs? is /BER missing reporting anything? no disc are missing
got all your AAs? especially in new Expac, if you update your synergy spell/disc before you have maxxed your AA, then DPS goes backwards --- this is something i need to work on too, im slowly working aa's as i get to 120.
got your epic? if not 2.0 then get it -- zerkers dont have epics
does your shaman have his epic 2.0? -- absolutely (sham was my main for many years)
does your bard have his epic 2.0? -- bard was my first box he's got his epic as well
got the biggest baddest 2hander you've got access to? -- dex is sittin at 3k, i got a Blood Soaked Great axe atm
got your damage augs? and unlocked their proccing variations? using Tidal Bauble atm (25 dmg)
got as many +accuracy augs (type 18s and 19s) as you can (TBL evolvers, TOV earring, NOS cloak) (type 18/19's are new to me???)
got your Circle of Power clickies? i are a slacker, i do not have CoP clickies

Last edited:
Question - SK vs Zerk DPS??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back