• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Simple Idea - Would require KA + MQ2 (1 Viewer)

anthills

RedCents
43¢
I’ll start with the idea:

I’m familiar with MQ2 having written a few macros myself, and coming back into the game I would like to see how much fun I could have with a full 6-box.

I would provide a guide for all of my setup: from installation, to configuration, for the first toon. Probably a knight or pet class.

Then I would start integrating other classes - a healer, bard, enchanter, melee deeps and caster deeps. I would write about how to integrate them into the full group.

After that I would start exploring the other intricacies: bazaar integrations, quick group setup, wipe recovery, etc.

If the guide is found to be valuable, I could always add more to it. I’m currently lacking the ability to pay for KA and 6 premium accounts, so I would do all of this with free accounts. Here’s the setup (and order) that’s I currently have in mind:

1. SK
2. Druid
3. Bard
4. Enchanter
5. Berserker
6. Magician

Any opinions on class choice would be greatly appreciated!

I levelled up with a group that was all about variety and utility. It was nice and easy. If I wanted to get somewhere, I had wiz and dru to port, bard speed my mage, invis him to spot and summon group. If something bad ever happens and someone dies, wizzy evacs., necro summons the corpse to the group, cleric could rez it, and we are back in business. It worked but EQ is mostly tank and spank, and in the higher levels the HP of mobs really increases, so it took ages to kill stuff. Later on I noticed I was rarely doing anything that challenging or dangerous so I just wanted more dps and swapped out some classes. It helped but didn't make much difference really.

If I was starting again, I would do tank, one healer, one cc (bard/enc), and then 3 dps of the same class to trigger the combined effect. I would probably go with Berserkers because they are so strong. But I like Wizzies too, and evac and ports is really nice to have. I couldn't imagine doing something like an Epic quest and not having ports, it would take ages, even with Origin. Once you reach a certain point, max level, lots of AAs, and great gear, then things like dying and pulling don't even matter anymore. You can just walk into a room and pull it all, and kill it all. All you really care about at that point is killing it fast so you can do more with your time. My 2c.

Cool idea. There are a lot of guides for all the various aspects of MQ2/KA and various groups, but some haven't been updated in awhile. And even recent ones, like ini file conditions, get overhauled and it all changes (KA10 -> impending KA11 code update.)

Here are a few other discussions about returning/Heroic group setups and optimization
Some cool starter/mid-level tips. These are little things you pick up overtime, but might take you awhile to bump into on your own.

anthills - Gifting you a one month of free Lvl 2 access to Redguides via the redcents shop. Takes a day or two for a mod to apply it. With great guides, you can continue to pay for your membership via your earned redcents for posts.

EQbackagain - /highfive

Request - Simple Idea - Would require KA + MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back