• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Shroudkeepers gone temporarily, In-game MoTD (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,433¢
somewhere around 1 AM, I saw the MoTD pop up. Yesterday or the day before the same bit about 'We are hiring' was posted. Thats interesting in a different way.
But the Shroudkeepr note.. so they removed them from PoK abruptly and people might be stuck in dhroud right now and have to have customer service help..yikes.

1711699183864.png

For our 25th anniversary we are going to break something that has worked most of that time.
We are going to party like its 1999?
Go Crazy Nuts GIF by Prince

A lot of people were using shrouds to put their alts into a monster mission so they can get all the credit and not run down their lesson, then on the last step they'd gate the shrouded characters back and drop shroud to complete the mission with the lesson they had running. This way people were able to do like 20 missions per a lesson. Maybe this is related, could be something else entirely though; I'm not sure.

A lot of people were using shrouds to put their alts into a monster mission so they can get all the credit and not run down their lesson, then on the last step they'd gate the shrouded characters back and drop shroud to complete the mission with the lesson they had running. This way people were able to do like 20 missions per a lesson. Maybe this is related, could be something else entirely though; I'm not sure.
I like that creativity, sad I missed it, but also thats like real work to me.

With alt personas taking over a lot of the real estate that shrouds had at one point this was bound to happen
Well, it's sure messing up 15th Anniversary War Games which gives you the Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem which is a shroud. So we can't level it up until they get it fixed.

This is why I don't think its anything permanent.

There are too many missions that require shrouds to remove it from the game

Well, it's sure messing up 15th Anniversary War Games which gives you the Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem which is a shroud. So we can't level it up until they get it fixed.

This is why I don't think its anything permanent.

There are too many missions that require shrouds to remove it from the game
Yeah I don't think they really want to 'undo' shrouds. But I do think that some of their Dev's dont know enough about what the shrouds do and don't do ... to not have them mess stuff up if they start playing in the same place.

Call me pessimistic.

I do think they will fix it the question is what all it breaks in the meantime.

Discussion - Shroudkeepers gone temporarily, In-game MoTD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back