• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shield Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,007¢
So im having a tough time figuring out what i should do.. I have a 115 war, max aa, AC sitting at 8338/3591 displayed on char info screen.

He is using Ice encrusted Kite shiled atm for a shield, but i just got Slime embossed scutum from zland mission.
currentshield.jpg newshield.jpg

With his current Aug's, he will loose 5 AC, but gain HP, and other stats.. as well as the heal proc.

So, my question is, would the Lose of 5AC, be bad? I know shield AC is calculated differently than the rest of my armor at this stage, but i dont know enough about just how much.

Ok so one more question.. related to ac, but just not shield, Primary slot this time..

Also got a newer weapon - Kitlaa's War Whip
Current weapon is - Ice Encrusted War Axe

Is the AC drop from old to new in my primary slot a big issue? or should i stick with the IE weapon until i get more materials to make the T3 TS weapon from CoV?
i'd just wait till you can t3 - its not really a big deal either way, but you do want the t3 cov stuff

Thanks, thats kinda what i was leaning towards as well.. just wasn't sure how much weight AC in your primary slot has.

Only shields will deliver ac outside softcap so that’s why it’s so important. Also I forget the difference but the Ice Encrusted tower Shield is more AC then COV T3 so if you can get your hands on it that’s still best in slot group tank shield.

you also need the type 5 frosted gem from the raid in ldon for that shield 35 ac. the primary i would go with the ac over the damage since you are not dps. i would also get that augment that goes in primary for ac as well. thats just me wanting to be the best war i possibly can.

Ok so one more question.. related to ac, but just not shield, Primary slot this time..

Also got a newer weapon - Kitlaa's War Whip
Current weapon is - Ice Encrusted War Axe

Is the AC drop from old to new in my primary slot a big issue? or should i stick with the IE weapon until i get more materials to make the T3 TS weapon from CoV?
Use the Ice Encrusted with shield for now, if you need the shield then you need the AC more than the dps. Use both if you're dual wielding

Personally, I Dual Wield Kitlaa's with a Threaded Broadsword, tanking dps with those is kinda bonkers

Use the Ice Encrusted with shield for now, if you need the shield then you need the AC more than the dps. Use both if you're dual wielding

Personally, I Dual Wield Kitlaa's with a Threaded Broadsword, tanking dps with those is kinda bonkers

It’s an interesting point 2H dps on tank feels broken these days. If you can survive (easy on SK in particular) just feels broken for how much dps they put out.

Started focusing on AC and upgrades.. so farmed a bunch of CoV TS stuff, made a full set of armor, shield, broadsword, and a few accessories.. now trying to get more ores for the aug's..

Having troubles completing any mission besides zland, started frustrating me.. which fueled the upgrade push..

Started focusing on AC and upgrades.. so farmed a bunch of CoV TS stuff, made a full set of armor, shield, broadsword, and a few accessories.. now trying to get more ores for the aug's..

Having troubles completing any mission besides zland, started frustrating me.. which fueled the upgrade push..

Vulak is second easiest mission. You can med in between dragons except the 4th one you have ot engage quick Vulak. So could be a source of ore for you/

Dunno, there was a drake chilling by the center crystal when I got back, killed him and no chest..

Only thing I can think is maybe vulak got killed by a dot, after he killed me and we were in hover mode..

So if the golems exploding killed you as an FYI you click the orb in the middle and then have to open chest to stop them from exploding. IF you are on the edge as much as it sounds you want to be super quick on that - that or run the team out of the middle after Vulak dies until the end.

Ahhh, that was what killed me.. just did it, killed vulak then as I was looking for the chest boom all dead..

Maybe I can finally have 2 of the missions on farm 🤞

Well after seeing your post, I ran my crew back, got to the center, clicked the orb.. got the chest and completion FINALLY!! Thanks for the info 😄

Last edited:
Hey Guys question. Anyone have a suggestion what is a good slot 1 aug for a shield. I am asking about my SK he currently has the CoV raid Tower shield. I got the best shield aug out there from ToL . Iooked at some LDoN augs that have a spell effect could go in Slot 1. But not sure if they even work still. Anyone have a good idea for me please feel free to tell me what you all think.

Question - Shield Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back