• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shaman Gear + Augs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,153¢
Would anyone mind sharing a magelo with me or tell me a list of type 7 they're using for shaman if healer focused? And Type 5s / Type 3s please?

PM me if worried? Just checking my gear and seeing what I am short on / need to camp.

Way back when, I used to just look at the top top for general aug ideas. Still a viable option. . .

I just looked at magelo profile > modifiers > heroic > select either one i was aiming for, and work through the list of obtainable items.

Basically you just need to decide on either heroic sta/wis to focus on for the type 5's, and consider how much weight you give to the type 7/8's that don't have either the sta/wis that you are focusing on. Some augs with massive hp/mp/ac are 'better' than another aug with no ac and moderate mp/hp but has a small amount of heroic wis/sta

Once you have all slots filled... the difference between will be very low and unnoticeable to stress too much about chasing a particular aug to replace an existing one.

But to each their own, the best in slot augs is a nice goal, something i did in the past... back before type 5's and when augs seemed a little more focussed by type than balanced for most

Personally if I was starting this, I'd focus on ToV missions for currency for the type 5's . If i wasn't able to complete these missions reasonably to farm them, i'd farm the TBL missions for currency for them type 5's.

For the type 7/8's i'd do as above, look at top ranked magelos and find which are easy to obtain and work from easiest to hardest/most time consuming. Ie. filling out with the faded velium gem of* lore groups (you can't use all of them) ie velium gem of vigor OR brilliance, you can't wear both

Lastly, something that made me stop caring about chasing augs... is considering the mod 2's (clairvoyance/spell dmg etc) when choosing the above type 7/8's -

I agree with H-Stam for type 5's, but the more I play I usually try and focus on max stat like healing for the type 7's

Reason is that I hardly ever die because I'm missing an extra 1500 hp when my toons have well over 300k ... I die when my Tank dies.
So making every cast heal for more gives me the best outcome.

Augs by Heal Amount / hStam

You can always choose your own order you want to see augs at by refining this search also.

GL !

1603720292269.png

Mana? Ona, I usually don't respond to others opinions, but why would you post focus on Mana regarding a Shammy?

This is group content , not raiding as well.

In the end it is "Opinions", but this one is new to trade mana for healing mods. I don't think I have ever had a Shammy fall below 40% mana ever and it didn't take too long to get it himself back up with Canni and other stuff.

My thoughts and views are based on end-game / current content with a full box group, so that might change the viewpoint compared to others that only partial Box.

=== In the end, the augs are having less and less of an impact considering the overall stats compared to current gear and total amount of HP /Mana / Stats etc,.

Yeah, I've long since not cared about augs and Min maxing....there are so many augs available that just filling out all the slots is generally reasonable enough... Or my chars get neglected... Like they haven't eaten in decades!

Meant healers in general would be better off focusing on either mana or hp, depended on their class, ( cleric and druid wis and sham sta ) then focusing on heal amount.
Thats just my opinion, not dictating how anyone should play.
That being said, aug choice would be similar to smokeybears72, i am guessing.

But, if your tank is dying...

what kind of augs does he have? you should absolutely focus on him above anyone else in your group. Type 5s and type 7s

On shaman i usually focus on hp gear/augs, even for type 5 i use the hsta ones. The more hp he has the better it is since i use canni as soon as it's available so never running out of mana.
Like @wymranar said, for type 7, it's mostly tank augs. Some extra AC can't hurt with the HPs.

So, this is from a cleric's perspective. We haven't done recent testing on this but parsing to determine what HA is doing for a cleric showed that it adds about 1.8% more healing to each heal for every 100 HA you have. Yes, 1.8% sounds small but remember that is for every 100 HA so it starts adding up to a fairly significant boost to the base amount of each heal and crit heal.

Stacking +HWis on your type 5s will push you ridiculously past the soft cap so there is little to no reason to worry about it on type 7s/8s. In fact it stacks so high from gear and type 5s there is wiggle room to swap in some +HSta augs if you are concerned with your HPs. My cleric currently buffs to over 400k hps so it really isn't a concern of mine.

Stacking mana...why man? Do straight healers actually run out of mana nowadays; especially in the group game? The only time I see my mana bar below like 40% is if I die and didn't get a DR. Let's face it, the only time I see my mana bar below like 75% is on really long raids like Vindi and AoW and that is really when I remember to run my heal burns every time they are up.

How you itemize a toon is your personal choice...like SK's stacking dex or agi. If you find something that works for you go for it. This is just what we have found regarding HA and my personal experience of running a main raiding cleric for 15+ years. :)

Edited to add: I thought Shaman always focused +HSta and HPs because of canni?!?!?!

Question - Shaman Gear + Augs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back