• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - Servers Locked (1 Viewer)

RedCents
19¢
Hey all,

So once again we find the servers locked, but those who are logged in are still able to remain in game...

I'm thinking about donating one of my Razkle ebay Xeon boxes to help with their login server load. Seems like they are running the thing on a win 98 machine hooked up to a Linksys 100M switch. I've seriously never seen a login portal have so many issues as this game has recently.

On the upside, my 21:9 monitor I finally picked up makes 6 boxing on the same screen very usable. To whomever originally programmed MQ2EQBCS, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Also thank you to Redbot, Maskoi, and EQmule for their continued work to make this warm child memory of mine continue to excite and amaze me. I never dreamed in 1999 I'd have the power to box enough toons (or even box toons with an 8MB AGP ATI All in wonder pro card) to plow things I never got to experience back then.

There's something strange going on with MQ2Autologin related to this.

I tried to login some accounts which I had not used in a long time and the char was not there!! and 0/0 characters available was shown.

Then I quit to server select and tried again and the character was back, really strange stuff.

no, had the same issue yesterday. I backed out and logged in with out MQ and had same issue.

Folks in general chat were talking about it to. Something up with the log in servers

There's something strange going on with MQ2Autologin related to this.

I tried to login some accounts which I had not used in a long time and the char was not there!! and 0/0 characters available was shown.

Then I quit to server select and tried again and the character was back, really strange stuff.

This happens when you try and login the same account at the same time. I get it with isboxer often. Also it's frequent to see your chars at 100 with F2P priv until you relog them too.

This happens when you try and login the same account at the same time. I get it with isboxer often. Also it's frequent to see your chars at 100 with F2P priv until you relog them too.

Boy that is downright terrifying, not only the fact you could see your toons deleveled, but if you actually had a problem how long it would take them to fix/recover the accounts.

Good info all.

News - Servers Locked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back