• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Server transfer w/o payin 75 bucks... (1 Viewer)

azulyn

RedCents
Recieved this "trick" in an email yesterday.

Wonder if this works... Anyone care to try?

Moving your character to any server without paying the $75 dollars Sony charges and not being the original owner with the original CD keys is what this guide shows you how to do. Follow the steps below to see how it is done.

First thing you will need to do is apply for membership to the Legends Stormhammer server. Here is the link - http://legends.everquest.station.sony.com
Fill out everything, and follow the instructions given on the website and sent to you by Sony via email.
Once you have successfully been accepted you will need to subscribe to Stormhammer, which will cost $39.99. For this $39.99 you will receive one month of play on the Legends server as well as a free name change before your move to the new server.
Make a character on the server you wish to transfer to with a name you like, which is also the same class and race as your character. Go in game and delete everything on the character you just created. Go to Stormhammer and make sure you can also create a level 1 character with the same name as the one you just created on the server you are transferring to. If you can sync the names, you are set.
Enjoy your time on Legends, it actually is a pretty Robust server, although $39.99 is a bit expensive to receive what we should already get as subscribers, it’s something to see for those who have never been. You are required to be on Legends for the full 30 days unfortunately.
This is where you need to keep close tabs, make sure to take note of the day you subscribed to Legends, so you don’t have to pay for another month. Go in on the last day of your subscription and /petition in game requesting your free name change. Tell the GM that you wish to change your name to the name that you have reserved on your level 1 mule on Stormhammer. The GM will switch the names for you.
Once you have successfully had your name changed to the synchronized name, delete the character you created on the server you want to transfer to.
Let the account expire.
Send an email to [email protected] requesting a move back to your home server. Now in the email, they request you specify your station name, character name, and original server. Put in all of the correct information except for the original server; list the server that you wish to move to. Subscribe the account as soon as you get the email confirmation that your character has been moved home, which can take a day or two to be moved back, presto, you have just transferred servers with your items without paying the $75 dollar fee.

This method has worked for friends and me a dozen times before I started selling it as a guide. If you would like to keep this method working I suggest you do not give it away to friends because some people have a big mouth and the more people that know, the less likely this little exploit will be around long. The reason I offer this guide is because well, 1 the money, but, 2 and most importantly, Sony should let anyone transfer servers and it sure as hell should not cost 75 dollars. I hope you’re happy with the guide. I will soon be releasing other helpful exploit guides for all games. Let me know if you would like to be added to my mailing list simply by emailing me. Thanks!

SECRET QUESTION RESET GUIDE

First off, visit http://eqlive.station.sony.com/ (YOU MUST BE USING Internet Explorer 5.0+!) Then click the ‘My Account’ link in the upper right hand corner of the web page.
Once you’re logged in click the Registration link.
Then under your current information click the Edit Registration button.
Once there, you will see a box that says New Password and New Password Again.

For new password type: Test123
For new password again type: Test12345

Under the answer to whatever the secret password question is type: California.

Wait 20 minutes on that web page. Then scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Make Changes.’

Notice how your secret question has been reset! Make it WHATEVER you want!

Remember, you must wait the 20 minutes!

CHANGING OWNERSHIP GUIDE

The trick to getting around the check on original ownership is to let the account billing expire.

For example, say you just acquired an account from someone else and the previous had a credit or pre-paid card listed as the payment source on the account. Before the end of the current billing cycle, go to (formerly their, now) your My Station account via the EQ website and remove that card as a payment source on that account. At the start of the next billing cycle, the account will close due to lack of payment.

Remember your characters and their banks do not disappear when your billing in cancelled.

Now, let the account close due to lack of payment source. Wait for at least one more full billing cycle to complete, and then re-activate the account. This time, provide YOUR billing information (your credit or pre-paid card, not the billing information from the previous account owner).

Once you're listed with SOE as the new "original" account owner in their billing system, you can transfer any characters on that account to any other accounts you're listed with SOE as being the owner of.

Secret Question Reset

read carefully and plz do this as specified below many people make the mistake of going to any sony account site
you must goto the one listed below

https://store.station.sony.com/

click on my account in upper right corner.
Once you're logged in click the Edit Registration button.
For new password type: Test123
For new password confirmation type: Test12345
Under the answer to whatever the secret password question is type: California
DO NOT CLICK OR DO ANYTHING ELSE!!
Wait 20 min, scroll down and click "MAKE CHANGES"
The page will refresh and now you will have option to change your secret question and answer

many people have guides that tell you to goto everquest.com and hit the link "accept changes" this does not work so make sure you use the link above
IF you try this and it does not work i will do it for you , if i cannot change your secret question i will refund your money

Server change and Name change

ok we all wish there was a faster name but this way works and its alot cheaper than $75 , im going to lay out the scenario as if you changing servers and your name
ok 1st thing you need to do is put in a request to transfer to Legends/Stormhammer server , this doesnt take long to do and you will only pay roughly $16 dollars more than you usually do for 1 month ,
ok your on legends and yes i know you really dont want to be there but its a fun server so enjoy it for the short time your there
now think of that new name you want cause with your Legends subscription your entitled to 1 FREE name change , but before you change it goto the server you wish to transfer to and make a character of the same class with that name , if that name goes thru your all set...request the new name , now about 5 days before your billing cycle hits again place a request to go back to your home server you will be asked to fill in the information and you will list your home server as the one you want to goto , after that delete the lvl 1 toon you made on that server as you have just insured there will not be an dubbed names
the next step and this insures it doesnt cost you anymore than the extra $16 you have already paid is to goto billing and end your subscription
this will not interfere with your transfer and if you wish to do what is listed below take advantage of it at this time

ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP RESET

this is very simple , takes a week simply let the account expire , wait 7-10 days reactivate the account via Credit or debit card now you're list as the account owner

as stated i back all of the information to be working , if you cannot do it i will do it for you , if that does not work i will refund your money
for security if it comes to me having to do it for you i can give you my home address and phone number and do it with you via telephone

I did this a long time ago, had success with some accounts and no luck with others. It all depends on the GM watching it at the time.

The best part of this guide is the ability to get account ownership, a very important thing to have when buying/trading accounts.

Also if you are on a server that is being merged you can get a free server transfer. below is a cut and paste of the eqlive website.

4/7 Brell Serilis merges with Cazic Thule and will be listed as Cazic Thule

4/11 Morden Rasp merges with Povar and will be listed as Povar.

4/11 Lanys T'Vyl merges with The Seventh Hammer and will be listed as The Seventh Hammer.

4/14 Tarew Marr merges with Drinal and will be listed as Drinal.

4/18 Mithaniel Marr merges with Saryrn and will be listed as Saryrn.

4/18 Tholuxe Paells merges with The Rathe and will be listed as The Rathe.

4/21 Ayonae Ro merges with The Tribunal and will be listed as The Tribunal.

4/25 Veeshan merges with Luclin and will be listed as Luclin.

4/28 Karana merges with Bertoxxulous and will be listed as Bertoxxulous.

5/2 Innoruuk merges with The Nameless and will be listed as The Nameless.

5/5 Zebuxoruk merges with Xegony and will be listed as Xegony.

5/9 Vazaelle merges with Maelin Starpyre and will be listed as Maelin Starpyre.

5/12 Rodcet Nife and Quellious and will be listed as Quellious.

5/16 Morrell Thule and Erollisi Marr and will be listed as Erollisi Marr.

5/19 Xev merges with Druzzil Ro and will be listed as Druzzil Ro.

5/23 Torvonnilous and Fennin Ro and will be listed as Fennin Ro

5/26 Terris Thule and Prexus and will be listed as Prexus.

5/30 E'ci and Tunare and will be listed as Tunare.

Complimentary Character Move

Shortly after each merger is complete, we will allow all customers affected by a merge a one-time, complimentary character move to the server of their choice. For each customer with an account on a newly-merged server who requests such a move, all characters associated with that customer’s account will be transferred to the selected server. All characters will bring their items with them in the transfer.

Please make sure you are aware of your servers expected merge date and prepare accordingly. These dates are subject to change should we need to alter the timetable of merges. Should we need to change the dates we will post the new list with plenty of advance notice.

didn't know how to make is a quote. :o :D

Just got an Admin MTOD on Stormhammer stating that if u have been on server for 6 months, u get a transfer to the server of ur choice. Less then 6 mo u go back to ur home server (Bleh)..

you read the full explanation right? going back to your own server if you've been there for less than 6 months has ALWAYS been the policy for legends

How do you know if you were able to reset the acct ownership?
I let acct expire, but only waited one month and five days after it expired.
Went to the site linked here and was able to change the billing and mailing addresses to my own, but if you look in the acct history all the other persons purchases are still on there.
As for the billing info that was changed the day I assumed the ownership of the acct, so not sure where changing that comes into play.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Hate to request a move and get smacked down.

Red, can you remove the secret question portion of these posts as they no longer work (the server logs you out at 20 min). However, secret question reset in THIS thread still works as of 6/9/05!!

Has anyone recently been able to get the server move via Stormhammer exploit to work lately?

I believe they fixed the stormhammer server move. I moved my monk to legends few months ago, tried to do this trick after a month and got an email back say you must return to your original server.

bleh, anyone else know how to do a server move with a bought toon for less then $240 bucks (39.99 for 6 months)?

Bleh >>read my next thread, answered my own question again<<

Last edited:
CHANGING OWNERSHIP GUIDE - With modification by Duexe

The trick to getting around the check on original ownership is to let the account billing expire. Duexe - LET A COMPLETE BILLING CYCLE PASS BEFORE REINITIATING THE ACCOUNT (32 days to be safe). Just did this as of 6/15/05 and I was able to take original ownership of a bought account.

For example, say you just acquired an account from someone else and the previous had a credit or pre-paid card listed as the payment source on the account. Before the end of the current billing cycle, go to (formerly their, now) your My Station account via the EQ website and remove that card as a payment source on that account. At the start of the next billing cycle, the account will close due to lack of payment.

Remember your characters and their banks do not disappear when your billing in cancelled.

Now, let the account close due to lack of payment source. Wait for at least one more full billing cycle to complete, and then re-activate the account. This time, provide YOUR billing information (your credit or pre-paid card, not the billing information from the previous account owner).

Once you're listed with SOE as the new "original" account owner in their billing system, you can transfer any characters on that account to any other accounts you're listed with SOE as being the owner of.

where do i find out who is the original owner and when the original changed...?
and after doing this can get the lost password email to me?.

denisycw said:
where do i find out who is the original owner and when the original changed...?
and after doing this can get the lost password email to me?.

You have to know the password in order to log onto the station account to change ownership.

Is changing of ownership still working? Coz i got this freaky mail they won't do it without telling them blablabla :-)

I came into a necro and missed the free character transfer but would like to transfer the account with out waiting 6months on legends. Will this work? Today is 6/24/05 I just cancelled my account. After I am no longer able to log in I will wait 32 days to resubmit my credit card information and billing info. This will let me transfer my account to another account That I own but not to another server? Or will it let me do both.

I doubt it. I had an account that was inactive for over a year and a friend gave it to me. I activated it with my CC info and tried to transfer it, they gave me the form email about needing to verify ownership info and they want the original CC number.

can anybody confirm ownership-change (for transfering characters from one account to another) meanwhile? (if not: i may confirm or may not in a month or so *G*)

Edit:

To let the billing expire: Does it simply mean: Cancel account?
Or: Is there any other way to remove creditcard information from the account so soe tries to get money and get an negative response from mastercard or visa or such?

Just in case of the second one: Explanation please, because there seems to be no other way as to simply cancel the account which would not be some kind of "expiring".

Changing ownership details dont really seem to work.

Of course our infos are changed on my_account page, but all previous month the other owner paid to play are recorded and when you ask Sony to make chracter transfert , they told you that you need to provide information of the first time you pay everquest using a Credit Card ( something I dont really have )

Something Im doing wrong or that's what happend for everyone ?

Ok I let my account expire today. I will not resubscribe for 32 days. I will then wait another month then pay 75.00 for the transfer. If it does not work then I am out 75.00 and this ploy does not work lol. Ok see you in a few months.

If they refuse the transfer they don't charge you the money.

Let us know your results. It never worked for me. I think this is nerfed.

Think i might just move to Legends lol I want to see what its like. And I am thinking this 32 day thing will not work.

Lol I have been there for a month now and must say the -"chirp....chirp....chirp" is not so bad. I have any camp I want have gotten around 100aas and as a necro I think this server rocks.

Macroing on legends has to be more risky though :P More bored Gm's to warp to you and be like hi how's it going... While you are circling around for hours lol.

Is there still a way to transfert account of server w/o that big @#$ cost, got 2 accounts to change server :/ don't wanna pay that much :(

Server transfer w/o payin 75 bucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back