• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Server Downtime: Thursday, April 23rd @ 10:00 AM (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,410¢
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, April 23rd @ 10:00 AM PDT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

This is to help resolve issues with server stability. We apologize for the inconvenience.

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, April 23rd @ 10:00 AM PDT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 2 hours.

This is to help resolve issues with server stability. We apologize for the inconvenience.

these guys suck

didnt we use to have restart every tuesday or something?, like during non peek hours servers culd do a rolling restart, to keep things fresh and shit? i think their servers need that again.

I am finding that I have missing items that I transferred between characters last night.
Is it possible that this is part of what they are talking about.

It was 8 Snowbound Refined Velium that I transferred between my Mule and my character that was going to use it.
Then I camped for the night, and I was going to do it this morning and now it is gone on both characters.

I am wondering if they Rolled back one character and not the other?

I am finding that I have missing items that I transferred between characters last night.

It was 8 Snowbound Refined Velium that I transferred between my Mule and my character that was going to use it.
Then I camped for the night, and I was going to do it this morning and now it is gone on both characters.

Oh, we blame you then! Shame on you!

It makes sense really since the original problem was with their cdn company so once that company fixed the issue then DBG would need to reset some servers to sync everything back up correctly. Which also explains the lag the last few days - if servers were not connecting right to that cdn

EQ on CDN? no friggin way! websites yes, actual game servers i doubt it.
Just going by what they said on Tuesday:

"We've received confirmation from our CDN provider that an issue with their network is contributing to slower connection speeds and lag. Repairs have begun and we're working with our partner to get full service restoration as soon as possible. "

I had it happen after their "scheduled maintenance" that took way longer than expected. I lost 2 phlogiston pieces I sent to an alt. He even picked up the parcel before he camped.

oh wait they found bugs in Overseer !
is overseer granting too much exp, coin, items, ... once again? Or did the prices on the overseer vendor suddenly drop?
Yeah - most likely.

Oh wait - no - the TS items you can get from overseer need to be notrade. That might be it. Completely overpowered system.

To be honest:
I more and more think they fucked up their database connection a while ago.
Many things that are going wrong lately I usually would start to blame on bogus DB connections. Or maybe the DB servers are caching too much in ram and then keep crashing. This at least would explain why folks (including me) were losing progress with the crashes lately (and more than just a few minutes ...).
But yeah - billing for sure is on a different DB then :-) Because payments always worked and never experienced a rollback (dgc cash) ...

is overseer granting too much exp, coin, items, ... once again? Or did the prices on the overseer vendor suddenly drop?
Yeah - most likely.

Oh wait - no - the TS items you can get from overseer need to be notrade. That might be it. Completely overpowered system.

To be honest:
I more and more think they fucked up their database connection a while ago.
Many things that are going wrong lately I usually would start to blame on bogus DB connections. Or maybe the DB servers are caching too much in ram and then keep crashing. This at least would explain why folks (including me) were losing progress with the crashes lately (and more than just a few minutes ...).
But yeah - billing for sure is on a different DB then :-) Because payments always worked and never experienced a rollback (dgc cash) ...

I am still utterly mystified by the Overseer pricing. A single ornament is 70,000 Overseer Tetra. The 6 hour timer quests give you 367 Tetra. So if you played the allowed 5x Overseer Quests every six hours without missing a single reset timer or without losing a single quest you could, at maximum make 7,340 Tetra in one day which would allow you to buy one ornament piece every 10 days. A full set of 8 pieces would take 80 days of flawless, non-stop quest victories. I just don't see how this makes any sense? I really feel like I am either missing something or DB is just literally insane.

I just don't see how this makes any sense? I really feel like I am either missing something or DB is just literally insane.
Let me tell you what you are missing: 1587668820185.png is the answer to all your concerns.
At the end of the day there are still a for profit company and now that they got EQII to the point where milking the cow became harder and harder I think they are about to move over to EQ.

Patch - Server Downtime: Thursday, April 23rd @ 10:00 AM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back