• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - September 2016 EQ Producer's Letter: Let's Talk Expansion (1 Viewer)

Inkie

RedCents
3,973¢
https://www.everquest.com/news/producer-letter-eq-summer-2016

Greetings Norrathians,

‘Tis the season to talk about our next expansion for EverQuest! The team has been working hard this year to manage the ongoing progression and event server updates, big server-side updates to improve stability, as well as toiling away on our new content-focused expansion this November. Speaking of the expansion…

761.gif

While we are still in the throes of development, we are thrilled to announce we are returning to a much-loved continent of Norrath! Prepare for EverQuest: Empires of Kunark! We've got a new look for Sarnaks (perhaps an illusion for some?!), new zones like Scorched Woods, Chardok: War March, Lceanium, Droga, Kor'Sha, new monsters, armor, weapons, items and more!

It's been many years since we've set our eyes on Kunark and there are many stories to discover. At the beginning of October, look for announcements regarding expansion features, for pre-orders to become available, and news about when you can join us in the beta. The launch of EverQuest: Empires of Kunark is scheduled for November.

Also on the horizon, we'll be unlocking Luclin on Phinigel server on September 28th 2PM PDT. Ragefire and Lockjaw also have some expansion votes coming in October and November.

As we start cooling down for fall and prepare for EverQuest: Empires of Kunark, we've got a few promotions for you too:

This weekend we kick off a 40% off sale for members from September 1st 12PM PDT through September 6th 12PM PDT as well as Double Experience for everyone!
Starting this weekend, EverQuest: The Broken Mirror will be on sale at 50% off September 1st 12PM PDT through October 5th 12PM PDT. Note that option to purchase the Collector's or Premium Edition of EverQuest: The Broken Mirror won't be available after pre-orders for EverQuest: Empires of Kunark begin in October.
Also, throughout October and November until expansion launch we'll be running bi-weekly bonuses, like experience boosts, reduced lockouts, increased rare spawns, and more.

There is plenty more to come, so keep an eye out for more news and announcements soon. As always, we are grateful to all of our dedicated and thriving EverQuest players!

Sincerely,

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale

- - - Updated - - -

... ooohhhh 50% off TBM... 40% off for members.... ooohh if they coded that wrong we could get tbm for ~70% off.. (~10.50)... in daybreak cash maybe even... ooohhh a man can dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
I HATE these days.... These are the days I get yelled at by my wife of why i'm spending $1000 and like 50 transactions on cc for new accounts.

Thinking that any Illusion to be had will be a Beta Reward -or- you have to buy into a higher level than the base level for the new expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

This is awesome stuff... I loved Kunark also

Lol ... Fuckers ALWAYS do double exp when I'm traveling!!!!! Damn you, DBG, damn you!

I'll wait a few weeks after the expansion goes Gold before making any decision on buying it. I have no trust in this company whatsoever on the content they produce, the last 5 years of content has been lack luster and not worth the price of the expansion. I'm sure there will be plenty of people out there that will for the Beta access trap, i.e. buy into a Beta (wtf??) i.e. pay them to test their content.

I'll wait a few weeks after the expansion goes Gold before making any decision on buying it. I have no trust in this company whatsoever on the content they produce, the last 5 years of content has been lack luster and not worth the price of the expansion. I'm sure there will be plenty of people out there that will for the Beta access trap, i.e. buy into a Beta (wtf??) i.e. pay them to test their content.

Can I ask you what other companies you're comparing them to? For a small company on such an older game I'd say we get more content than most MMORPGs. WoW takes 3 years or so between X-pacs and have you taken a look at how small and easy to beat they all are? The last WoW X-pac (not legion, unsure of legion) didn't even release with any raids and it released unfinished as well. Sure, ours release unfinished and broken/buggy but at least we aren't waiting 3 years between X-pacs

I get that whole everyone needing something to rant about/get angry at ordeal but compared to a lot of the other game companies, I feel like Everquest/Daybreak/SoE has always done good with the amount of content they put out

I love playing Everquest. Right when we can pre-order, I am pre-ordering at least 1x the collectors/premium and 13x the base expansion. It's not like I'm going to wait around and buy it from someone else for less later, unless it's a third party seller....... lol. Or it's a year later and the next expansion is about to release. Not doing it for beta, I mean I already know I am going to buy this. I don't play any other game, I just play Everquest. A lot. They can announce the next expansion for after Empire of Kunark and I'd be tempted to pre-order right now as well lol.

Can I ask you what other companies you're comparing them to? For a small company on such an older game I'd say we get more content than most MMORPGs. WoW takes 3 years or so between X-pacs and have you taken a look at how small and easy to beat they all are? The last WoW X-pac (not legion, unsure of legion) didn't even release with any raids and it released unfinished as well. Sure, ours release unfinished and broken/buggy but at least we aren't waiting 3 years between X-pacs

I get that whole everyone needing something to rant about/get angry at ordeal but compared to a lot of the other game companies, I feel like Everquest/Daybreak/SoE has always done good with the amount of content they put out

Ya people dont get that. We've been spoiled by 6month/1 year expansions for 10 years but if they waited 3 years like blizzard an expansion would of been huge think of COTF TDS TBM as one expansion. Personally I would rather get what we get then wait 3 years.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

3 years between content? They have 7 releases in 12 years...... Blizzards actually awesome about releasing content. Generally every expansions had at least 3 major patches implementing new raids and dungeons as well as the base release.
WoW haters gonna hate. ;P

Yes because the last few expansions have only been 2 years. When you have 5-10m players you can afford to have an entire dev team make new content for patches. EQ cant even do that for expansions the dev team that maintains the game is the team that makes the expansion that is not the case for wow.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

3 years between content? They have 7 releases in 12 years...... Blizzards actually awesome about releasing content. Generally every expansions had at least 3 major patches implementing new raids and dungeons as well as the base release.
WoW haters gonna hate. ;P

They were longer when I played the game. I haven't been tracking it recently and that's what the "or so" was there for ;)

3 years, 2 years it's the same concept and I am not hating on the game, I am making a point. We get almost literally the same amount of content as other games in half or even 1/3 the amount of time. Blizzard does major patches which are nice but honestly that's no different than CoTF and when they did the "staggered releases" for Everquest. The entirety of each WoW expansion is usually 6 - 10 zones, a thousand or so new quests, 10 or so dungeons and usually 6 - 8 raids if I remember correctly. That's about the same as a full EQ X-pac in triple the time

Here lets be blunt on this one....

WoW has better support or cares about their playerbase. EQ on the other hand is total shit. This is why WoW has been going strong with consistent growing playerbase while the player base in EQ is starting to dwindle down.

Here lets be blunt on this one....

WoW has better support or cares about their playerbase. EQ on the other hand is total shit. This is why WoW has been going strong with consistent growing playerbase while the player base in EQ is starting to dwindle down.

I got banned in WoW for running a contest where I gave away 200k gold by having other players write lyrics to songs. It was meant to be a fun experience and a community event and my reward was a 3 day forum ban and game ban.... My personal experience is the direct opposite of what you say.

Which company cares about their playerbase will probably be subjective based on the player. I have had friendly WoW reps and I have also had unfriendly EQ reps and vice versa. The only part of your post I disagree with is WoW's playerbase is "growing" - we saw one of the largest dips EVER after MoP and while I haven't followed the game in years, I don't think it ever surpassed its 12million subs in its prime.

Blizzard even announced or rather said in an interview that they no longer count monthly subscriptions and how many they have because they don't feel that is an accurate representation of how much they make financially. Pretty much meaning they found a better way to make money than monthly subs. In other words, they discovered the whales!

http://kotaku.com/who-are-the-whales-driving-free-to-play-gaming-youd-1197333118

Here is the official Blizzard statement on "subs aren't an accurate representation of our companies revenue":

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-will-no-longer-report-world-of-warcraft-s/1100-6431943/

News - September 2016 EQ Producer's Letter: Let's Talk Expansion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back