• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - selecting plugins ... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
861¢
Now with the new Redguides Launcher, how do I edit the list of active plugins that I am running? There used to be a button on the login/ updater that would show a series of check boxes to scroll through and select - I can't find that area any more and I don't know if /plugin ________ load command is permanent or if it changes the plugins that are loaded on other box toons.
Thanks!

Solution
Now with the new Redguides Launcher, how do I edit the list of active plugins that I am running? There used to be a button on the login/ updater that would show a series of check boxes to scroll through and select - I can't find that area any more and I don't know if /plugin ________ load command is permanent or if it changes the plugins that are loaded on other box toons.
Thanks!
Howdy @MOTD

Thanks for pointing out the plugin checkbox option thing - I'll tag @r1pt1de in here (tho I'm sure he's already working on it, that dude is all over it).

In the mean time you can always hit your mq2 button and click INI File

1579793986490.png

this will open your macroquest2.ini and you will see a list of plugins under the [Plugins]...
Thanks!
Howdy @MOTD

Thanks for pointing out the plugin checkbox option thing - I'll tag @r1pt1de in here (tho I'm sure he's already working on it, that dude is all over it).

1579793986490.png

this will open your macroquest2.ini and you will see a list of plugins under the [Plugins] section

INI:
[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=1
mq2advpath=1
mq2afnuke=0
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=1
mq2autogroup=1
mq2autologin=1
mq2autoloot=1

to answer your quesiton about the /plugin x load/unload --- doing a /plugin mq2awesomesauce load will set the plugin to load for everyone the next time they log in - if you did a /plugin mq2awesomesauce load noauto it would make it "not automatically load" for other toons
you can do the same in reverse with /plugin mq2awesomesauce unload noauto

Solution
You can also do /plugin mq2pluginmanager to load the ingame pluginmanager

and then if it asks for a reload of the ui do /reloadui

then /pluginman

Plugins in Red are not loaded, plugins in green are loaded.
Left click to load a plugin.
Right click to unload a plugin.

can hit escape to close the window again.

Using this manager will set the state for plugin loaded or not the current client and next clients logging in.
1579794541677.png

Plugins.
I often have trouble loading up my toons as they crash before showing the login screen. I also have trouble when I got to shut them down.
Sometimes I have to start my toons 4 to 5 times before they finally load and when I shut down they hang and time out to a black screen or login screen (which is unresponsive).
If I go through and unload most of the plugins they shut down normally.
If I edit the ini and only load the basic plugins I find that I don't crash while loading.

How about making something that we can use to unload all plugins before shutting down then load them back after all toons are loaded.
Even a macro would be nice.

Howdy @MOTD

View attachment 19464

this will open your macroquest2.ini and you will see a list of plugins under the [Plugins] section

INI:
[Plugins]
mq2aaspend=1
mq2advpath=1
mq2afnuke=0
mq2autoaccept=1
mq2autocamp=0
mq2autoforage=1
mq2autogroup=1
mq2autologin=1
mq2autoloot=1

to answer your quesiton about the /plugin x load/unload --- doing a /plugin mq2awesomesauce load will set the plugin to load for everyone the next time they log in - if you did a /plugin mq2awesomesauce load noauto it would make it "not automatically load" for other toons
you can do the same in reverse with /plugin mq2awesomesauce unload noauto
This may be a partial solution to a situation I have. When MQ2BerZerker loads (for example), it unloads MQ2Melee but does so for all characters, including those that do not have a MQ2(toon) of their own. Is there a way to use MQ2BerZerker without canceling out the Mq2melee for all of the toons? Apologies if I've cross posted this in part, but I'm trying to figure out a way to use Chat's character MQ2 plugins while still preserving MQ2Melee in Very Vanilla for other toons. There are features in Mq2melee I very much appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Plugins.
I often have trouble loading up my toons as they crash before showing the login screen. I also have trouble when I got to shut them down.
Sometimes I have to start my toons 4 to 5 times before they finally load and when I shut down they hang and time out to a black screen or login screen (which is unresponsive).
If I go through and unload most of the plugins they shut down normally.
If I edit the ini and only load the basic plugins I find that I don't crash while loading.

How about making something that we can use to unload all plugins before shutting down then load them back after all toons are loaded.
Even a macro would be nice.

best bet is to start a new post. Work with someone to find out which plug-in is actually causing you the trouble and try to get a dump file so that it may be fixed. it could just be one plug-in that you are loading that you don’t actually need and you won’t have to go through the load unload process every time.

This may be a partial solution to a situation I have. When MQ2BerZerker loads (for example), it unloads MQ2Melee but does so for all characters, including those that do not have a MQ2(toon) of their own. Is there a way to use MQ2BerZerker without canceling out the Mq2melee for all of the toons? Apologies if I've cross posted this in part, but I'm trying to figure out a way to use Chat's character MQ2 plugins while still preserving MQ2Melee in Very Vanilla for other toons. There are features in Mq2melee I very much appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

To reiterate on Sic's response. MQ2BerZerker (as well as the other CWTN plugins) only unload the plugin for the characters using the plugin that are of the appropriate class. It also uses "noauto" which means it won't save the setting to the INI. Since the setting isn't saved to the INI, the other characters will still load it, assuming they aren't using one of the CWTN Class plugins designed for their class.

This means that it would not prevent other characters from loading MQ2Melee at all.

Question - selecting plugins ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back