• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Seeking Advice for CoV Hunting (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,195¢
So I needed a break from the ToV earring, and started doing CoV hunters just for a fun challenge. I finished CS and WW and started up in DN and Temple of Veeshan where I found its taking me longer to kill mobs and I was reading about the Jaled Dar ring of rats...I killed my way up to it and I can tell I don;t have the continual DPS to keep going AND get the rare. I can do ok with like 3-4 rats/spiders/dracoliche but gets a bit dicey as I can;t get the ring killed fast enough.

My team of 6 is all CoV, one Gold tank, 5 FTP (but Krono'd for AA when they were all 110. )
So here is my thoughts, I have three CoV tradables on an account somewhere and can claim them so I can have a team of 9 total, the three that would claim CoV are similar to my main FTP, lower group geared but Krono'd for AA at 110 during RoS playtime.
OR
Krono the remaining 5 on the main group and go hunt (and Autogrant to 115) while they are GOLD and I do have some saved Prestige gear to give plus can Tradeskill some CoV gear easily. My Mag and Zerk already do good damage and this concept would bring even more DPS right?
-- But is a team of 9 more efficient to bring mobs down? Most if not all (depends on choices of what classes I give the CoV claims to) are CWTN plugins, so I don;t know how to run 3 out of group or do I just make a raid of 9 people?
Thanks for thoughts and advice on this.

So I needed a break from the ToV earring, and started doing CoV hunters just for a fun challenge. I finished CS and WW and started up in DN and Temple of Veeshan where I found its taking me longer to kill mobs and I was reading about the Jaled Dar ring of rats...I killed my way up to it and I can tell I don;t have the continual DPS to keep going AND get the rare. I can do ok with like 3-4 rats/spiders/dracoliche but gets a bit dicey as I can;t get the ring killed fast enough.

My team of 6 is all CoV, one Gold tank, 5 FTP (but Krono'd for AA when they were all 110. )
So here is my thoughts, I have three CoV tradables on an account somewhere and can claim them so I can have a team of 9 total, the three that would claim CoV are similar to my main FTP, lower group geared but Krono'd for AA at 110 during RoS playtime.
OR
Krono the remaining 5 on the main group and go hunt (and Autogrant to 115) while they are GOLD and I do have some saved Prestige gear to give plus can Tradeskill some CoV gear easily. My Mag and Zerk already do good damage and this concept would bring even more DPS right?
-- But is a team of 9 more efficient to bring mobs down? Most if not all (depends on choices of what classes I give the CoV claims to) are CWTN plugins, so I don;t know how to run 3 out of group or do I just make a raid of 9 people?
Thanks for thoughts and advice on this.
I would beef up the team of 6. Using 9 sounds like more of a temporary crutch than a long term plan.
I would echo Saffron here... 6 just works best... can you do more, sure... but in the long run, if you ever need to do instance farming (i.e. Velks TOV)... you won't be able to bring the extras. That said, I would either 1. save the extra Krono for your tank OR 2. gold all your accounts... make sure you have at the very least tank / healer / 4x dps... but I would encourage you to do tank / healer / cc (bard/ench) / 3x dps... then make sure you're farmed up on the f2play gear or gold gear as you so choose, that will help you best in your efforts to do just a 6man crew; otherwise, it'll be difficult if you're playing in old gear and as f2play especially.

Just my two [red] cents.

Shade just sucks, it defiantly is more of a two group mini raid than just a normal group named mob, mainly just for the fact you have to keep all the rats around their room killed and cleared to activate the center mob named or place holder. I wasn't able to do this until I got me a 2nd group up into CoV which increased my DPS enough to keep room cleared.

Question - Seeking Advice for CoV Hunting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back