• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Seeing double? (1 Viewer)

trxdraxon

RedCents
Ive noticed a couple times after I have faded or warped someone in a zone sometimes when I do a /w I will see 2 of me in the zone. Is this just a bug or something?

It can happen from chain zoning also, you will be seen on a who in 2 different one, or in the old zone you were in. Yes it's a bug, but I am not sure why it happens, guess it's the server being slow to update the client of everyone maybe??

Ive had this happen to me while camping out a toon and then still seeing my toon sitting down with another box. Dont think this totally has MQer written on it.

I play alot of accounts at once on several machines and tested this out. When I have it happen most often is /fading. Only the accounts with mq running ever see the ghost person with /who, and only at my same network. Even a toon in the zone on my same network with no mq2 running wont see the extra toon, and someone outside of my place with mq2 running will not see the extra toon (had friends check this). I just ignore them now, but if they bother you a simple camp to desktop will get rid of them.

Imho its basically mq2's problem as it gets an update of the person being there right before you fade, if they fade right after it never gets an update of you leaving the zone and as such leaves you there. With 5 accounts running, if I unload mq2 on one of them, fade the rest over and over again, I can't get any duplicates to show up on the one that isn't running mq2, so its definitely an easy way to know if somebody else is running mq2 if you both fade close to the same time.

I've had this happen when MQ2 is not involved at all, not /zone, no /gate, no /fade. I'll get tells for buffs because I show up on /who in a zone that I was in, but am no longer. I've also sent tells to people which /who showed in my zone and they weren't. I guess I did have MQ2 running while I did this, but wasn't actively using it. Obviously, I can't say for the other people.

Seeing double?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back