• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Seeing Double? (1 Viewer)

Ryzon

RedCents
410¢
Somehow I got in this very bazaar situation where my toon got duplicated. The one sitting was fully targetable, hailable, etc... but I could not trade items or control him. Also, when I did a /who, my toon was listed twice. Even after I logged out that toon his "ghost" was still there an hour later and still showed up as being online. It would be pretty cool if there was a way to reproduce this and clone yourself as many times as you wanted. BTW, the messed up textures are due to having DirectEQ loaded.

Yeah, that can happen...actually happened to my guild in MPG. One day a bunch of people crashed, and came back in to have themselves still in game...twice. It was an interesting situation. We've got bunches of SS's somewhere of people doing wierd things like blowing themselves, or something of that sort. *shrug*

If you zone in AND back out while someone is in the process of zoning in, they'll see you where you were and in /who until they leave the zone (or succor or whatever).

If you zone BACK IN, they'll see two of you.

Found this out in Karnors doing the task macros way back when.

TurkReno said:
This is still possible if someone zones back and forth via a macro too many times.

Ya, I recall back when I did the advtask macro thingies. At least 10 minutes after I'd returned to Guild Hall, I got a tell saying I was still showing in Karnors.

Seeing Double?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back