• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Sanity Check: Shaman Turgur's Virulent Swarm Triggers (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,454¢
I was going through testing some code changes. One of these changes involved working with spell triggers from AAs. When I look at Me.AltAbility[Turgur's Virulent Swarm].Spell.NumEffects, MQ reports 2. Then looking at the individual triggers from this (Turgur's Insects and Turgur's Diminishment), Me.AltAbility[Turgur's Virulent Swarm].Spell.Trigger[1] does report Turgur's Insects. Me.AltAbility[Turgur's Virulent Swarm].Spell.Trigger[2] reports NULL. Is this an EQ problem or am I missing something?

Is there a way to know how many triggers a spell has? Or what the associated effects are? I'm guessing this is a spell data limitation, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Maybe I've just misunderstood the relationship between NumEffects and Trigger.

Last edited:
I believe this is Square vs Rectangle -- All triggers are effects, not all effects are triggers.

So you would never have more than NumEffects triggers, but NumEffects is not representative of the number of triggers you have. I don't think we have a TLO or Member that specifically requests the number of triggers.

Question - Sanity Check: Shaman Turgur's Virulent Swarm Triggers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back