• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Rogue lucks leads to Leeroy Jenkins (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,616¢
A short story
(EQ with KissAssist, group battles etc )

Like many, I have a group working with basic mix of tank, healer, cc and dps - the latter of which is the rogue, the key protagonist of this posting.

It was a group hunt, just like any other day. I'm driving the tank and KA is doing wonders with the rest of the party. Taking down mobs, getting the loots and exp, all is going well. Take it for granted? Perhaps. The wheels came off this wagon.

Somehow, we got a little close and gained aggro on a named target. Damn it!
With no surprise, one by one the group goes down like a house of cards.

Wait a moment.

Looking at the screen, there is the rogue, still standing - yet with the "invis" showing, his name wrapped between the parentheses.
I looked at the combat messages, and indeed there was something of ilk, "escape from combat".

(accepting I've never played a rogue manually in EQ, and so all this is new to me)

A few seconds pass, as this sinks in. Was it luck? Was it code in KissAssist?
But hey, the rogue is there, and now I can think about the CR. But that was cool, in the face of a wipe, the rogue stays standing! Yay rogue! Sneaky devil. :D 👍

Taking care of the /consents, the rogue now has permission to drag well away from these mobs.

Wait.. whats he doing now? :confused:
Indeed, he was moving, the bright yellow marker pen of MQ Nav was pasted on the screen!
I hadn't done anything to the rogue, he was doing his own thing!

No, he wasn't automagically going to grab a corpse and move it.
That would be too helpful.

No, he decided - you see that named that was aggro'd earlier on? The named that was minding its own business, back on his spawn spot with no aggro and the rogue was hide / sneak a good 100 or so whatevers away from it. Well, he was over 100 away from it.
He unilaterally came up with the plan, to solo the named that had just taken out the group. A Leeroy Jenkins move if ever I met one, as couple seconds later - splat, and that was now a total wipe. 🤦‍♂️

With the awesome respect in one moment for the rogue surviving, dashed to pieces as he try to solo what the group he's in failed to do.

I laughed of course, but was then frustrated by the CR that followed.
Why?

Had the rogue behaved and been the hero that saved the day; he could have summon his merc cleric and had it do some rez. e.g. rez the group healer, and then let that take over again.
But no, instead of all things being managed in zone, it was a 4 zone run just to get back and be able to start the drags, the rez n rebuffs etc.

The joys of EQ.
:D

I used to be that rogue back in PoNightmare. It wasn’t MQ2 but Miller Lite 12 that made me LJ into oblivion. Thanks for the story that brought back those fun memories

I have noticed my healer and tank not responding logically lately also. I'm getting beat down and where's the tank? Over in the bushes, well not going to ask but he eventually comes running to help but then the healer? Who knows where she was. Or is. And then I use rez tokens cause I am p.o.'d at her and she keeps acting like it wasn't her fault.

After having this happen three times, I figured out it must be game lag. Seldom have it but unless this is some new MRPG of Chuckie then that has to be the answer.

Tips of the day, make sure to spend some plat to buy the empowered campfire, it not only boost your stat, also makes CR easy.

Even the regular campfire could do the trick.

BTW, make sure your camp is set ON the campfire or at least set the campfire at a SAFESPOT, there is a features that the tank will do self teleport back to campfire if he died for too long....

LOL I've noticed when my cleric and drood are OOM they will also stop melee - they just stand there staring at the mob as if frozen by fear until the tank dies. THEN it's like they remember, "Oh, I should be meleeing!" Like they can tank what just killed the tank and enchanter. Fun times.

Funny - Rogue lucks leads to Leeroy Jenkins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back