• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rez stick / other stuff (1 Viewer)

RedCents
741¢
So today I finished off my current epic 1.5's so SHD, BAR, CLR, BER, SHM are all equipped, I've left the BST.

I plan on eventually replacing the CLR with a rogue, but have read Id need a rez stick in that case?

Are there any guides on how to get this as I searched but couldn't see anything that told me what I needed to actually do.

Is there anything else I should be looking at getting before I continue back onto levelling (currently 83) :)

TIA

Having recently done this for my Shaman, I'll throw in my 2 cents.
The first hurdle you will run into is getting all the toons flagged to do the Naggy/Vox raid from OMM.

Sic shows this in his vid and even recommends doing Tower of Discord. I agree with this completely.
You need to kill 7 raid bosses. The nice thing about the tower of discord is it has a normal and hard version with separate lockout timers. So you can do some from normal and do the same ones from the hard version if you want.

I actually started out trying to do crystalos but it requires a key and the key requires a drop from the Meldrath raid and the Meldrath raid zone also requires a key. So in order to do crystalos you have to do two ridiculous lengthy old raid key quests.

Once you are flagged then you will have access to do the vox/naggy raids from OMM.

I was able to do these using the macro Nookiecookie listed above. I did it with 6 toons. The macro will make everyone mages unless you specify one toon by name to be a necro. I highly recommend using at least 1 necro. I would then pause the macro to do splits so my mages would not auto-attack mobs while I was splitting them with the necro.

The Naggy raid has the following issues:

If you die and come back in you start at the beginning of the zone and have to deal with either killing your way back down or trying to invis yourself back down.
Splitting Naggy and Roykl takes timing and luck as you'll see in Sic's video.

The Vox riad has these issues:

Although you start right at the beginning of the ice giant area. There are some spawns that repop the diplomat, three tentacle terrors, and a blizzard spider. Two terrors pop outside vox's lair and one inside vox's lair.

The other issue is the tentacle terrors have a knockback and there are hidden pits that they can knock you into that are yellow areas on the map. If you fall in you will be attacked by polar bears and more terrors and these can possibly path back up to your group when you die.

The other final issue is there are a bunch of priest ice giants that heal and basically you have to fight through their heals until they run out of mana.

After dealing with these issues you then still have to deal with splitting stuff from vox's lair. The nice thing about this is she will reset if she tries to come outside her lair at the rock. This makes her easier to split from the trash if you can deal with the healing priests.

Once vox is by herself wait for the trash repops kill them then engage her.

Hopefully, you can time it and position your pets so that she is behind the wall but they can still hit her this way they avoid her fear.

You get 2 brews for each of the raids.

Personally, I just did them once to open up the items on OMM and then used Overseer to farm tetra to buy brews from the Overseer merchant in PoK. Each brew cost 1900 Overseer Tetra, Using the Overseer Lua on multiple toons and then trading the tetra to my Shaman I was able to get them all in a few days, I'm on FV so I don't know if you trade Tetra on other servers between toons.

Anyway hopes this helps.

Thanks guys, I did try the Epic 2.0 on the SHD, but struggled on the 2nd mob, though possibly because I didn't realise you needed to keep them balanced, I only got them to approx 50% before dying.

Another of my issues is probably positioning, as I think some of my toons kept getting knocked down the pit (possibly not a pit) then had to path back to me which obviously has its own issues on how I progress with less dps or no heals.

Overseers is something new to me, If I understand right thats at level 85? If so, I may level to 85, redo my augs to the highest I can from TBM and then try to get the rez stick, then try my 2.0s - would that seem a sensible route?

Yes, have to be 85 to do overseer and also have to be 85 to do OMM raids. TBM Gear and augs are the best you can get for the level and will take you to 105 but you will need to sell back augs and buy the higher level ones. Can't speak for others but my personal preference is doing epic's post 100 just makes it easier pretty much can just solo through just need 6 toons to request anguish raid.

I've got to this level, I'm now trying to go through expansions tbh, so made a start on Seeds of Destruction, previously it was largely just levelling for levelling's sake, but starting to go through the achievements now on.

I understand I jumped the gun a little with TBM to get the armour / augs. I have got the 75 augs, will populate 85 ones when I get to 85 to make progress that bit easier.

If you're going back for the achievements, I would take a look at the Heroic AA's post. There are AA's that are earned through achievement progression that increase your base stats.
Nookiecookie put together a great list.
Hero AA's

If you're going back for the achievements, I would take a look at the Heroic AA's post. There are AA's that are earned through achievement progression that increase your base stats.
Nookiecookie put together a great list.
Hero AA's
It’s not so much the achievements rather picking am expansion to start from and then do the content, then move on to the next, though I’ll check out that list too, thankyou

you will definitely want a rez stick on shammies

shd, clr, shm, ber - all of these you want 2.0 on (ber is less important once you get high in your accuracy/crit/hdex, but shd, clr, shm all 100% necessity

> here is my vid talking about OMM / rez stick <

using overseer for brews really helps too
Best start of video EVAH! <spoiler alert death by train>

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Reminds me of the Karnor's Castle user experience...went like this...
<Dev Team> What should this dungeon experience be like?
<Dev Team Smartass Member> Bug the hell out of it, all pulls should chain whatever the fuck is going...in any plane, level...and kill all users by train
<Dev Product Owner asleep during meeting><Wakes up and decisively declares> Yea..let's do that...! <meeting adjourns>

Months later players log in....group...get into dungeon...
<Group Leader> Ok let's start easy pull the 2 an entrance...

5 minutes later...
<Group Leader> I only died twice on those two we'll call it a win. Now it's broken...let's try a single from inside...
<Group Leader> <Tosses and arrow runs like hell back..>

<SUSPENSE....>

<Whole fucking dungeon warps on you>
<Group Leader> FUCK! Death by dungeon <Pops back at rivervale naked...>

The end ...

Last edited:
I never finished my rez stick on my SHM. I just use loyalty points to buy the rez clickies.. I have plenty of brews but haven't earned the ability to buy it.

I never finished my rez stick on my SHM. I just use loyalty points to buy the rez clickies.. I have plenty of brews but haven't earned the ability to buy it.
The rez stick was an absolute game changer for me. Can't imagine going without it.

I have memory that a unflagged character could be 85'd in / or just invited in the group/raid, by a flagged person who has won and has ability to request the Naggy/Vox raid. Anyone remember or know if this is true or was so?

i am a few coin away for one of my shammies and the process does take sometime. I remember when this was crazy ingame as everyone is doing it. I only see a few people here and there doing it since it doesnt offer EXP anymore

Having recently done this for my Shaman, I'll throw in my 2 cents.
The first hurdle you will run into is getting all the toons flagged to do the Naggy/Vox raid from OMM.

Sic shows this in his vid and even recommends doing Tower of Discord. I agree with this completely.
You need to kill 7 raid bosses. The nice thing about the tower of discord is it has a normal and hard version with separate lockout timers. So you can do some from normal and do the same ones from the hard version if you want.

I actually started out trying to do crystalos but it requires a key and the key requires a drop from the Meldrath raid and the Meldrath raid zone also requires a key. So in order to do crystalos you have to do two ridiculous lengthy old raid key quests.

Once you are flagged then you will have access to do the vox/naggy raids from OMM.

I was able to do these using the macro Nookiecookie listed above. I did it with 6 toons. The macro will make everyone mages unless you specify one toon by name to be a necro. I highly recommend using at least 1 necro. I would then pause the macro to do splits so my mages would not auto-attack mobs while I was splitting them with the necro.

The Naggy raid has the following issues:

If you die and come back in you start at the beginning of the zone and have to deal with either killing your way back down or trying to invis yourself back down.
Splitting Naggy and Roykl takes timing and luck as you'll see in Sic's video.

The Vox riad has these issues:

Although you start right at the beginning of the ice giant area. There are some spawns that repop the diplomat, three tentacle terrors, and a blizzard spider. Two terrors pop outside vox's lair and one inside vox's lair.

The other issue is the tentacle terrors have a knockback and there are hidden pits that they can knock you into that are yellow areas on the map. If you fall in you will be attacked by polar bears and more terrors and these can possibly path back up to your group when you die.

The other final issue is there are a bunch of priest ice giants that heal and basically you have to fight through their heals until they run out of mana.

After dealing with these issues you then still have to deal with splitting stuff from vox's lair. The nice thing about this is she will reset if she tries to come outside her lair at the rock. This makes her easier to split from the trash if you can deal with the healing priests.

Once vox is by herself wait for the trash repops kill them then engage her.

Hopefully, you can time it and position your pets so that she is behind the wall but they can still hit her this way they avoid her fear.

You get 2 brews for each of the raids.

Personally, I just did them once to open up the items on OMM and then used Overseer to farm tetra to buy brews from the Overseer merchant in PoK. Each brew cost 1900 Overseer Tetra, Using the Overseer Lua on multiple toons and then trading the tetra to my Shaman I was able to get them all in a few days, I'm on FV so I don't know if you trade Tetra on other servers between toons.

Anyway hopes this helps.
Hi.

Where do you try and get the pets to tank vox.? Im having a hard time getting it right, so she dosent chase the pets out past the rocks and reset..

Using 6 mages and 1 necro, what i have available. But maybe i have just been unlucky.. 🤷‍♂️

Hi.

Where do you try and get the pets to tank vox.? Im having a hard time getting it right, so she dosent chase the pets out past the rocks and reset..

Using 6 mages and 1 necro, what i have available. But maybe i have just been unlucky.. 🤷‍♂️
It is a bit of luck, They are running out of her lair due to fear and then she hits the rock and resets. It is possible for your pets to hit her through the wall and then not get hit by the fear spell. This is what happened to me. It's annoying

It is a bit of luck, They are running out of her lair due to fear and then she hits the rock and resets. It is possible for your pets to hit her through the wall and then not get hit by the fear spell. This is what happened to me. It's annoying

Thanks. Ya, thought it was all about luck. will give it a go again to night.

Edit: Enyway, got it on first attempt today, sacrified the necro, and pulled Vox to the far most west spot in her lair, and worked like a charm..

Last edited:
Question - Rez stick / other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back