• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returning to EQ after....well I stopped at level 69 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
741¢
So, I played from Kunark, through to when level 65 was considered powerful ;) popped back briefly from time to time and got my chanter to 69.

On a whim I downloaded again, and have thought to start from scratch, but actually wanted to try boxing properly, I did a little Alt_Tab boxing back in the day..

I'll be starting from scratch level wise, and will have All Access on one account. The questions are really.

1. Will that be enough, or would I need to sub more/all
2. I know the advice is to play what you enjoy, also consensus seems to be use the tank as the driver, is this a big advantage over using say an Enc/Necro as the driver?
3. Is this still a worthwhile venture to do as a 2 group, and use mercs, or is just better to use free accounts to fill the gaps?

This looks an awesome resource and I've watched the intro vids on youtube, but theres so much, I think I may have just confused the hell out of myself.

I will continue just reading posts, and watching videos and see if things start to click :)

welcome back shawry!

eq is complicated, and even more complicated after all this time.

don't worry about trying to know everything all at once - just come back and slowly add as you find the need for it

1. all access at least on your tank once you get into more of the modern game is pretty necessary
2. tank as the driver - yup absolutely going to increase your ability to do stuff
3. mercs are pretty poo as you get later into the game. plus less fun than boxing

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome back - As Sic said minimum tank as gold player. Read all the new resources - then read them again (probably 50 times in my case) and you will not look back.

the wolf of wall street chant GIF

Thanks for the extremely quick replies :)

1 and 2 So, Tank as driver, subbed, would need to sub more later on as progress
3. ignore mercs and go from there.

I'd watched the vids, then found this site, and I think that's when I started the "OMG, what have I let myself in for" as the vids kinda made it seem really easy and straight forward (to an extent)

I clearly missed something, as I didn't realise it was a sub to get this, but that's not a bad thing, as it allows it to keep up to date :)

I'll create my accounts and then come back to get the finer details :)

Happy hunting :)

Thanks for the extremely quick replies :)

1 and 2 So, Tank as driver, subbed, would need to sub more later on as progress
3. ignore mercs and go from there.

I'd watched the vids, then found this site, and I think that's when I started the "OMG, what have I let myself in for" as the vids kinda made it seem really easy and straight forward (to an extent)

I clearly missed something, as I didn't realise it was a sub to get this, but that's not a bad thing, as it allows it to keep up to date :)

I'll create my accounts and then come back to get the finer details :)

Happy hunting :)
it is pretty cheap (especially in 2022 dollars) to be a level 2, but you can also get lvl 2 with redcents which you can earn just from participating in the community

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

The first thing I did after I returned years ago was go kill Shadow Hunter. Over and over and over. He had killed me and my group soooo many times when I had last played.

Even now years after that, I pop in and shoot him a raspberry.

Guess I am slower and didn't really jump into boxing right away.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

Also there is a Test server if you are starting new from scratch, free gold status on all accounts. Fun server no economy since everything gets copied over so no worries about not having enough money for plat everyone on Test has millions of plat and gear is handed out/sold for like 1p a piece even the chase items.

Thankyou for all the advice / welcomes. So, SHD, CLR, BRD, SHM, MNK, MAG group made. Have sorted so it auto logs in, need to sort out a better way of looting, and also grouping.

Level 4 gained in the tutorial, which is slower going due to clicks etc, but mimic helps a lot with that.

Hi shawry,
I had to set up my computer from scratch last week.
It roughly consisted in the following:

I started by doing an UI in EQ on windowed mode i could copy across all the toons.
Then the set up was:

- Mq2autologin setup.

- Mq2dannet setup.
- Mq2autoaccept setup.

- Mq2autogroup setup.

- Rgmerc setup.

There are videos that introduce you to most of the topics.

Cheers

Thankyou for all the advice / welcomes. So, SHD, CLR, BRD, SHM, MNK, MAG group made. Have sorted so it auto logs in, need to sort out a better way of looting, and also grouping.

Level 4 gained in the tutorial, which is slower going due to clicks etc, but mimic helps a lot with that.
Personally I would reconsider the CLR for that makeup. I would add another dps(only my opinion) but you must play what you enjoy. I hope you enjoy the tutorial HAHAHA. I know folks swear by it and they get gear....blah blah. I would jump right into Crescent Reach and get busy(again just my opinion).

Personally I would reconsider the CLR for that makeup. I would add another dps(only my opinion) but you must play what you enjoy. I hope you enjoy the tutorial HAHAHA. I know folks swear by it and they get gear....blah blah. I would jump right into Crescent Reach and get busy(again just my opinion).
TBH, the tutorial was because Id forgotten how everything worked, and know lots had changed too, and after years of spell auto learning and upgrades etc I needed a safety net so to speak ;) Though I was planning to leave it today

As for the cleric, would the shaman be adequate healing? changing isnt an issue, would a rogue fit well?assume melee would be better than caster?

As for the cleric, would the shaman be adequate healing? changing isnt an issue, would a rogue fit well?assume melee would be better than caster?
It's all a matter of personal preference. I am biased towards shamans as I feel they bring more to the group. I never leveled a cleric until a month or so ago. The cleric was probably better early on but the shaman shines and does everything I need him to do. With the bard, I would add another melee dps. The mage in your setup will be questionable to some (I do run a mage with 2x zerkers in my main group). I am lazy, I like the double invis from bard and let the mage run to camp and CoTH. I also have a SK/CLR/ENC/MAG x3 group that is pretty fun. Tons of pets all over the screen. Most important is for you to have fun. Opinions will be just that. At the end of the day, you're incharge!

TBH, the tutorial was because Id forgotten how everything worked, and know lots had changed too, and after years of spell auto learning and upgrades etc I needed a safety net so to speak ;) Though I was planning to leave it today

Shm is more than capable for healing that group make up. I believe Zerkers are still melee kings of DPS.

IRL - Returning to EQ after....well I stopped at level 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back