• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Req for Help re: MQ2 (1 Viewer)

jshriddle

RedCents
20¢
First off, I'm an admitted newb and am very grateful for Red Guides (partly because I'm a newb, and partly because I don't have 22 hours per day to play and properly level my toon).

Okay, so I read the Newbie Handbook (great handbook, btw) and the MQ Documentation. I d/loaded MQ and installed it on my computer. I double-clicked the shield icon and found the auth code. But then I read in the Newbie Handbook thread that I could use Soultaker's compiling thread, that I didn't need to compile, but just d/load, extract, and run. So I did that with his release.zip listed in that thread.

With EQ off, I double-click the .exe file and run EQ. When I get inside EQ and type /who, nothing happens except bringing up the names of toons in-zone. So I've obviously done something wrong, and being a complete moron about these things (which is why I joined Red Guides), I was hoping someone might help me out and let me know what I've done wrong. All I want to do is get MQ2 on my comp running so I can run simple tradeskill macros in some out-of-the-way town.

Thanks again for any assistance.

Also, the reason nothing happened is because you previously clicked the shield icon in the empty folder, and when you clicked the percompile's .exe...it was still running the empty one.

Thank you everyone, I got it installed correctly and running. The Newbie guide said to type /who in-game to bring up the MQ window, but that didn't work for me. Have I done something wrong? I installed the compiled version from Cade's thread, ran the Macroquest2.exe file, then launched EQ. Once in-game, the MQ icon is in my sys tray at the bottom of my screen, but I don't know how to bring it up in the game to use the macros. Thanks.

Thanks Shawn, but it said it wasn't a valid command. Does it matter than when I run MQ and then EQ, an MQ window appears saying "Incorrect Client Version?" If not, what command do I use to bring up the MQ window to enter macro commands into? Thanks!

- Appreciative Newb

If it says "Incorrect client version" it don't work =p

Close out of the mq2 that's running right now by right clicking on the shielf icon in your task bar and clicking "Exit". Now delete any MQ2 files you have right now.

Now download http://www.cadestuff.com/Release.zip and extract it whereever you like. Run macroquest2.exe. Play everquest.

Req for Help re: MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back