• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Remember Kerafyrm the Sleeper (1 Viewer)

decker

RedCents
452¢
Well i'm trying to remember the stats and spells he did (original) can anyone remember or help ?

Ohh and what he was yelling / do:

Kerafym shouts, 'Begone insect, I have much slaying yet to do.'
Kerafym executes a FLURRY of attacks on %t!

Cast a DD hitting for lots
what else ?

Help plz

-decker

My brother was among the serverwide first to down the dragon. I didn't get into EQ until after POP came out so I missed it, and when there were server merges around the time of DoN expansion, some tard on Maelin woke the sleeper solo and killed off any chance for us to kill him.

id6463.png

Kerafyrm has
"over 3 million hit points" some say 50 million
"claws for 6,999.
"procs a 20k death touch" every 30 seconds.
"no rage limit".

Last edited:
Some say 50 million HP...
BTW just a little side note: tanks at this time didnt have over 10k HP so it where more a run in do dmg die get rezz run back kill
(ohhhh and for your WoW nerds out there; everytime you die in EQ you lose XP and can de-ding)

[Mon Nov 17 17:55:09 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:11:57 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:25:18 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:41:34 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6998 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:46:30 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 2799 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:49:05 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 4899 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:53:11 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 5499 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 18:57:30 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:00:20 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:04:27 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:09:58 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:13:03 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6699 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:17:57 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6881 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:29:47 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 4481 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:38:04 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:41:21 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:46:26 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 3699 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 19:53:20 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 20:08:58 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 20:18:11 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 4181 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 20:18:11 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.

[Mon Nov 17 20:22:13 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6099 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 20:25:59 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 20:35:12 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6881 points of damage.
[Mon Nov 17 20:56:13 2003] Kerafyrm hits YOU for 6999 points of damage.

On EQ there was also no timer on rez so you could be chain rezzed as fast as rezzer's CD and mana aloowed. On WOW you get timer if you die repeatedly, up to 2 minutes.

Also on EQ corpses can be moved with dragcorpse and consent, allowing a safe rezzing, quick heal and buff while on WOW you have to be closer to corpse for rez and be at the risk of being one shotted before you get rez off.

Oh, I was around for Kerafyrm and Sleepers Tomb. I remember how hard those raids were then (although, I never got to do Kerafyrm myself). At the time, it was end game, and those stats were more than beastly.

I heard they revived him in a new patch. As Kerafyrm The Awaken... He was downed 5 month after the release of the expansion (another diff from WoW and EQ where WoW gets cleared within a week EQ takes months)

- decker

Ummm raidrota god that's was a pain when a guild broke the rota...

PS i was in something called NightCrawlers we use to take the rota targets at night =)

- decker

Overlord Mata Muram... how did we ever take him down in the first place?

And Plane of Time took like a year after PoP was released before anyone could finish it? (I think it was SOE fault tho)

Well it still sux:

Wrath of the Lich King was released on November 13 (the newest expansion)

zach_naxxworldfirst.jpg

Note for EQ ppl: this expansion also allowed you to go from level 70 to level 80 and Naxx25 man is a level 80 man instance for 25 ppl !

- decker

Yeah. 24 hour grinding for close to 3 days. A few people knew some exploits already, and those people wearing the highest end gear from TBC (Sunwell), were able to take down Naxxramas easy.

pretty sure, kerafyrm has a 30 second tank DT and a 30 second AOE DT for the platform. the only time it has ever been KILLED without the use of third party Z-targeting hacks, was on Rallos Zek. It was attempted twice in two days, i was online when it was going on lol.

Kerafyrm the Sleeper was taken on by 300 people from different guilds, the way they took to the task was simple, ring the upper balcony with ranks of raidforce personnel, Treat the sleeper like a reverse wave spawn quest. He just AoEd everyone? good, next wave, dead get pulled, rezzed, set back at the end of the wave line.

For interesting trivia, the first day they tried the sleeper on RZ, it was despawned by the GM's at 26% after 3 hours of player effort, because the mob was supposed to be unkillable due to the story line. If the sleeper doesnt awaken and kill everyone and disappear, how the heck are we gonna have any more expansions??? right??? and by THAT time we already HAD expansions, so the storyline was invalidated by the sleepers death.

Anyhow, the next day, they reset the encounter, and the players were allowed to kill him. No loot. no flags, no nothing. just bragging rights as to being on the force that destroyed the gameline on Rallos Zek... and who said PvP servers were hard to play on...

oh yeah, also, this can be verified, so its not just my imagination rofl... although, either me or them is a little askew on the details. i like my story better.

taken from "http://celebrityscraps.wordpress.com/category/eq/"

Kerafyrm (also called "The Sleeper") is a boss character in the fantasy MMORPG EverQuest.

Originally intended to be unkillable, the character caused a stir in the EverQuest community when the developers of the game (Sony Online Entertainment) intervened and prevented a group of nearly 200 players from killing him, in November of 2003. Sony later apologized for interfering, and allowed the same group of players to retry the encounter. After a nearly three-hour battle, Kerafyrm was defeated.

Kerafyrm is guarded by four ancient dragons in a zone called The Sleeper's Tomb. If all four dragons are dead at the same time, The Sleeper is awoken, and begins a rampage of death across the game's land of Norrath. This event is particularly unique in EverQuest, because it can only ever be completed once on each game server. Once The Sleeper is triggered, he and his four guardian dragons (with their highly prized "Primal" loot) will never appear again.

When I left EQ, it was hard to get grouped with anyone if you're not level 80. Since all of XP comes from killing not from questing, it meant long and hard grind to reach 80 solo. A majority of players got around that by multiboxing their own multiple accounts. However I wasn't going to spend hundreds to get a few more CD keys, create few new accounts, pay subscription across all of them, and play by myself on a 10 year old game system.

i still play eq, now with the mercenaries its pretty decent with my 3box setup... but kerafyrm was killed by i think 3-4 guilds merging *200+ people in the zone and it took i think it was 5 hours to kill... was about 2 years ago if not longer

WoW is fun if your 13, Sleeper was killed by popish geared people not sure if all of them had time gear but i know a couple did for sure!

Not sure when your server had the sleeper killed but the first time sleeper was killed was before Plane of Power was released so no way anyone had time gear at that time.

Let's not forget Plane of Time was also "unavailable" for about a year after POP was released.

The one Drykun is talking about ( only time he was ever killed to my knowledge) I remember well sitting at time dial and having our raid put on hold when they got him to 30% then continuing our time raid once the GM killed it on them ( Eternal Wrath) was my guild.

Not sure when your server had the sleeper killed but the first time sleeper was killed was before Plane of Power was released so no way anyone had time gear at that time.

Let's not forget Plane of Time was also "unavailable" for about a year after POP was released.

rezzing thread to say holy shit this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

rezzing thread to say holy shit this guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Actually the guy is right. It was during Velious and Sleeper was killed on some servers using an exploit. He was never meant to be killed and it was fixed. He wasn't killed on most of the other servers, as it was supposed to be. He was simply released and wreaked havoc.

I was in the raid guild who killed the 4th dragon in Sleeper's and awoke him on Terris-Thule (<Valon>). We thought we could fight him, we actually raided Sleepers multiple times and we'd always kill 3 out of 4. Over and over until one night we did all 4 but we were aware of what would happen. We weren't the first server to do it. Although, we were like the 2nd or 3rd. Course that was years ago...so my memory isn't perfect.

Plane of Time was available about 6 months after PoP was released. We actually made it there but couldn't go in. Same way with getting stuck in progression with PoE key pieces. Sony didn't have it's shit together and expected it to take much longer before people would make it that far. The entire progression we did bug reports and GM's actually would sit with us as we progressed some nights trying to fix shit. PoP was an absolute mess. It was Sony's downfall with Everquest and a blatant display of how money drove the release way before it was even planned/ready to go production. Sadly, I lost interest in EQ not too long after that and have only come back to play every now and again. Before then I had been in since beta. What wonderful game driven to shit with 60k HP people now days and breastplates with 2k hp...It's insane.

Everything has to come to an end and it's apparent Sony has milked it dry and looking to kill off the population by continuing to force new expansions every 6-8 months. Expansions most people can't go in or require insane hours of raid time to do. Such a shame... /end rant

Remember Kerafyrm the Sleeper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back