• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Release (1 Viewer)

What is saying its password protected? MQ2, the zip file? the post?
Also
Right click you macrtoquest2.exe file and select properties
Under the Compatibility tab make sure "Run this program as an administrator" is checked

I'm running on an old laptop with Windows XP home. I don't see an "admin" option. It just shows compressed item properties. Doubled clicked Macroquest 2, hit Extract All, then Next, then Next again, and it says "File Release is password protected. Please enter the password in the box below".

It also gives me the option to skip that file, but isn't that one I need? Sorry I'm a little ditzy I just extracted it all before and it worked like magic.

OK I just downloaded Winrar and tried extracting it with that, rather than the one through Windows on my computer and it seems to be working. Guess I'll just have to keep Winrar on my computer from now on. I don't know why it's doing that though, but thank you a ton for your help and patience.

Yes I just saw that same weirdness when I dug out my old laptop with the default windows xp zip extractor. No clue what that is about but winrar or 7zip was my next suggestion. Glad you got ti working.

Question - Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Back