• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Regarding current MQ detection (1 Viewer)

Hotter

RedCents
I'm sure I'll get some nasty posts or messages about this, so I apologize. But I've been out of the game for a very long time, and I can't seem to find a definite answer. I'm just wondering about the status of MQ's detection, what is actually safe (relatively) and what is not. I've seen references to things like the map and buff info flagging you, and I see that warping etc is unsafe. I ask, however, because back when I quit warping was labeled as unsafe and yet people still did it all the time (I continued using it now and then and never had an issue). Nowhere can I find something that gives me an accurate idea of the risks these days, so I was hoping someone could sum it up for me. It would be much appreciated.

And by "risks" please don't tell me the usual risks of using MQ. I'm just wondering about the current status.

Basically as of the April patch to EQ Sony introduced some code into the game executable that tracked if certain functions were diverted or called from a different place. There have been no bannings from this code as far as we know, but it is possible that Sony now has those who have used MQ2 since that time in their logfiles. Whether or not they will choose to do anything with the data is anybody's guess. Maybe it will only be looked at if you do something else to trigger an alert, maybe they are just gathering data for a mass banning later on. That said, the new releases of MQ2 seem to have found a few of the checks and bypassed them. Have they found them all? That is very hard to say.

Bottom line, just having the program loaded is now possibly trackable even using passive hacks if all of the checks have not been found. My personal feelings is that I have been using it since then for the maps and stuff, and will continue doing so. Whether you do so or not is your own personal decision you will have to make.

Regarding current MQ detection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back