• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - Red Guides 1000 Messages In. Five things I've learned. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,653¢
1. I have learned to respect the more privacy oriented folks here. That's still not me. But I don't make jokes about you.

2. I've learned that forum members don't really care if you're wrong. But they'd prefer your errors lead to someone else's solutions. And an apology never hurts.

3. I still think the CTWN plugins are the greatest thing since the discovery of caffeine. Call me whatever you like. I'm not budging on this one.

4. I am extremely grateful for the Red Cents folks give me. And they know I give them back. This week alone I gave 2 3/4 years of Level 2 Access
Away. I couldn't do that without the generosity of my Red Guides brethren.

5. Even when I'm taking a break, I can't stay away. While I'm coming back to EQ in March. I guess I'm already back at the forums.

Last edited:
Glad you will be getting back into the game Rob. I am pretty much same boat haven't played EQ in going on ~2 years now but still check the RG forums multiple times a day during the week while at the office lol. I just like the community and chats about a game I have loved for many many years and no where is better than here.

I tell people all the time that the community here is what is the most fantastic thing about Redguides. Even if you don't play, even if you don't use MQ. Lot of EQ knowledge, and lots of helpful people.

1. I have learned to respect the more privacy oriented folks here. That's still not me. But I don't make jokes about you.

2. I've learned that forum members don't really care if you're wrong. But they'd prefer your errors lead to someone else's solutions. And an apology never hurts.

3. I still think the CTWN plugins are the greatest thing since the discovery of caffeine. Call me whatever you like. I'm not budging on this one.

4. I am extremely grateful for the Red Cents folks give me. And they know I give them back. This week alone I gave 2 3/4 years of Level 2 Access

5. Even when I'm taking a break, I can't stay away. While I'm coming back to EQ in March. I guess I'm already back at the forums.
@RobRenfro you forgot

6. No matter how serious, complex, or sad the topic we will always find a .GIF to make fun of it...or you

Kids Running GIF

7. This is what happens when people bring their complex (and rants, raves, complaints, bullshit) arguments to @Knightly

pyramid fail GIF

Last edited:

Preach on my man!

I tell people all the time that the community here is what is the most fantastic thing about Redguides. Even if you don't play, even if you don't use MQ. Lot of EQ knowledge, and lots of helpful people.
This. I expected the RG community to be really secretive and keep themselves to themselves. Instead, I found a community that has been the closest I've found to old school Everquest.

No real drama, everyone willing to help and that inherent love for the game. The 'other' players on the EQ forums could learn something from here.

I hope that your transition back will be a smooth on in March!
Thanks Doc you are the best.

This. I expected the RG community to be really secretive and keep themselves to themselves. Instead, I found a community that has been the closest I've found to old school Everquest.

No real drama, everyone willing to help and that inherent love for the game. The 'other' players on the EQ forums could learn something from here.
There is so much information. What seems like an endless amount. And the people are just great. Everyone is phenomenal. Very helpful. Finding Red Guides changed EQ for me. I couldn't go back now.

Glad you will be getting back into the game Rob. I am pretty much same boat haven't played EQ in going on ~2 years now but still check the RG forums multiple times a day during the week while at the office lol. I just like the community and chats about a game I have loved for many many years and no where is better than here.
Asmith50 you got 3 months level 2 access on me my friend. Hope you enjoy it.

Toast - Red Guides 1000 Messages In. Five things I've learned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back