• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Red Cent current standings (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,750¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Notice: Red Cents are still in testing! I realize that they are not completely fair, some good posters currently have negative red cents. This is all just a test for now, and they are not replacing the monthly rewards in any way. People who are cheating or abusing Red Cents will be dealt with.

What is a Red Cent? It's this little guy:
reputation.gif

When you see a good post you click it, and give the poster a penny. You get one per day.

I'm not considering this test over until after Christmas, but right now I'll break down some of the loot:

3 Red Cents: a month on Redguides.
5 Red Cents: 5 months on Redguides.
10 Red Cents: Custom Title, year on RG, possibly something else.
15+ Red Cents: At the very least, a USB drive for your keychain. Other prizes include gamecards, EQ/WoW accounts, Zboards, logitech mice, and so on.

The Red Cent winner gets something else I haven't decided.

(The Red Cents required for prizes to EQ2 posters will be much lower)

Remember that admins can see every Red Cent left, what post it was left for, the date, and who left it. Before the rewards are handed out we'll be going over each and every cent for the winners.

The Top 50 for all sections as of 20 Dec 05 are:
codecaster
odessa
Cade
NDawg
TeachersPet
armysoldier
ss44
()===D====>
Bacstab
Galuvwen
Skeptic
Marachus
Noobhaxor
Boswell
Frost
Willy
MacGuy101
DrZap
Mochila
Julae
Alatyami
Moonspell
Ccomp5950
randomguy_01
Greystoke
Tone
ASSWEASEL
Crystane
RedBema
Gildon
Pugs
BIGGI
pcdjsquirrel
cronic
admf
kyleminus2
Sei-Ryu
whange
Zarathud
ogtest
EvenLessSpam
.b00n.
Bardscorpse_01
methos237
Zandravo_Najena
maddog
druid42
Han'jin
test
ToastFu

Again, it's still in testing. If you have any ideas or complaints about the Red Cent system I'd like to hear them.

For now, if you want Red Cents, I encourage you to remind people to leave them for you when you make a good post - at least until everyone gets the idea of how this works. You might notice that some old posters are on the list above, this means that the date posted doesn't matter when it comes to Red Cents. Update your old threads and bump them!

Last edited by a moderator:
i've noticed that some people still arent aware of this system or like rating threads dont really bother so its more a communication problem

Han'jin said:
i've noticed that some people still arent aware of this system or like rating threads dont really bother so its more a communication problem

Codecaster has solved this problem. His secret? At the end of every good post:

Don't forget to leave me a Red Cent!
reputation.gif

I might make this against the rules in the future, but for now it promotes user awareness.

Imagine if you went back and updated all of your old best threads, included that line at the end, and bumped them.

i have mine in my signature, so its easy :) i just couldnt figure out how to get the red cent pic lol

Could you update the standings Red? Want to see how my cents are compared to others. lol. dont need numbers, i know how many i have

well, it seems a lot more people know about red cents now then 5 days ago lol

Redbot said:
15+ Red Cents: At the very least, a USB drive for your keychain. Other prizes include gamecards, EQ/WoW accounts, Zboards, logitech mice, and so on.

So uh... 15 gets a USB drive?

What do you get if you have... like a *LOT* more than 15... :eek:

-CodeCaster

is there any way to keep a running list of the red cent standings? I.E; every time someone gets a red cent, it updates the list if it caused that person to change position +/-?

ok...for the sake of not having a really long thread here...me and red are gonna update the initial post from time to time...we'll bump the thread when we do as well as keep the initial post updated with the date the last count was taken on

also...from now on...it's gonna be a list of the top 50 people along with how many cents they have.

Thank you everyone for participating in the redcent test! Prize announcements shortly, going through them now.

Red Cent current standings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back