• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Recovering old (very old) accounts (?) (1 Viewer)

Recovering very old accounts?

I called SOE several years ago about recovering my password on 3 accounts, but gave up after being unable to answer most of their questions. They contain 3 Rangers with a few thousand AAs and plenty of nice gear. At least it was nice at the time (back when level 70, I think, was the max). I recall spending several mil plat on the best bows I could get at the time.

Unfortunately, I had created the accounts with disposable email addresses and a prepaid card. I don't have any of those numbers any more. Has anyone had luck with recovering accounts like that? The only thing I can think of is that they would have been associated with the same IP address as my other accounts (which I DO remember the password for). IP address is about the only thing I can think of that they might be able to use to verify the accounts are mine.

Your thoughts and experiences on this are appreciated.

nothing you can do without that information. My experience is you need the emails and original info from the account. How the hell are they supposed to verify ownership without any identifying information?

I think you're out of luck with these accounts.

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, if I had loaded up EQ one week earlier, looks like I could have gotten free heroic rangers and forget about my old ones. Ah, a day late and a red cent short. As it is, my only available forager is a bard.

Recovering old (very old) accounts (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back