• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Closed Reading the latest post on a forum thread by hovering? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,814¢
OK, I admit this is a "first world" problem. I would like an easy way to read the LAST post to a forum thread without having to open the entire thread.

Currently if you hover the mouse over the main thread title you get the popup with a bit of the first post. That's great for new issues and questions. However, long discussions stray far from the first post and even if you're keeping up with the discussion sometimes all you really need to see is the newest response. There are many threads I'm just not interested in. But at the same time I keep track of the posts by a few experts here. When I see they are the latest poster on a thread I'd like to see what they posted even to a thread I wasn't initially interested in.

I did experiment with an RSS feed reader but it also only displays the first post and not the newest.

Back in the long ago days of early bulletin board systems a person could subscribe to a daily digest of just the "new" posts. That would be great for those huge extended discussion threads for resources like KissAssist.

I thought I'd bring this up in case there is some existing method of which I'm unaware.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
To take it one step further, after I click on "what's new" then I click the time noted on the far right. If I click the post lead in or title over on the left then it brings up the whole post thread from day one.

I looked into this a bit, it's doable but I don't know if there's demand. We'd probably make it a switch.

notes: The thread preview is rendered by \XF\Pub\Controller\Thread::actionPreview() and the thread_preview template.

I looked into this a bit, it's doable but I don't know if there's demand. We'd probably make it a switch.

notes: The thread preview is rendered by \XF\Pub\Controller\Thread::actionPreview() and the thread_preview template.

Probably not worth the effort. Using the Latest Activity menu option accomplishes nearly the same thing and incorporates reactions as well as posts. Thanks for looking into it though!

Closed Reading the latest post on a forum thread by hovering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back