• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Re: ghostkill question (1 Viewer)

ghostkill question

I have a couple questions about this program

I read a lot of posts of folks getting banned for using ghostkill in a thread on this board. Folks also said they got banned for warping.. and that soe can check that because of the offset and time you moved the various distance.

How are they busting folks using ghostkill? Like if you killed Xeoney Queen of air and no one was around how do they know u ghostkilled it?

What if you kill like the ashengate key mobs? Just curious how they are catching folks using ghostkill? Would you all recommend not using this program?

What if you are grouped with a person using ghost kill will you be banned?

Re: ghostkill question

Ive been noticeing a trend of people posting whereever they feel like. I say we DO NOT help them if they cant even post in the right section. Its not like its hard to know where to post. Maybe im just in a mood today??

/agree SoS, seems like most of the people who have posted and joined nov 2006 or later dont't want to listen even after repeated attempts to get them to post in the correct forums.

On topic: I have been banned for gk'ing, reported by another mq2 player who warped to the mob i as killing, on druzzil ro. Only one ghosting toon (rogue), was banned. My other two accounts i was using at the time weren't banned (2 rogue shrouds). I've had my shaman loaded up as well as my enchanter setgrav'ed and at my ghost waypoint, buffing my toons periodically, never been banned with those. Never been banned with my monk ghosting, or my friend's ranger.

Do not gk in ashengate or any higher-end TSS zones. They are way too populated and i've heard reports of people getting banned for as little as warping around in there....think of the logs for GK. I'm not telling you not to, but because of the people that play in ashengate (usually higher end guilds), I wouldn't recommend doing anything in there.

If you were to kill Xegony, Queen of Air, noone would know unless someone zoned in and the mob had a zone-wide emote/death emote. I wouldn't suggest doing many progression mobs though. Alot of guilds complaining about progression mobs being GK'ed, so stay clear of progression mobs that guilds are actively going after.

I personally hate to see too much discussion about GK or nodly here. My thinking is that if you know about it and have access to it, there are already other places to discuss it without bringing even more attention to it than it already has.

Funkalicious said:
My thinking is that if you know about it and have access to it
I was under the impression he/she didn't have it. If you don't like it then don't complain. If I were interested in getting/buying that plugin (if I didn't already have it), I'd like to know as much as I could due to the posts on here about bannings from it.
Roguish said:
WTB MQ2Backstabnodelay
WTB that too :D

untwist your panties, it wasn't even a complaint. I was simply sharing my opinion, one that I learned actually from prior posts here re: plugins and such of this kind of power. I was pointing out that lately there has been more and more talk about these 2 plugins in particular and I'm sure most of us understand what all that attention can add up to. I mean c'mon, some folks have a coronary over the fact someone posts in the wrong section, yet basically is willing to hand them a crate of dynamite without a second thought.

I do have the plugin and I find it to be somewhat useful. If you want to ghostkill raid mobs you will need to risk several level 70+ accounts to beat the mob regen. I find it most useful for maxing out skills like taunt, archery, kick, offense, etc... I will also say that there's not much talk of people getting banned over at the keq boards so I would imagine getting banned is more a matter of getting reported rather than log parsing.

Ive seen a couple people use this on lower lvl mobs without a care in the world. Just yesterday had a ranger running around Icefall killing every named in there. He would do it right in front of other groups. My group was wondering how someone could kill a mob with no aggro lol. He would then loot then poof to another spot in the zone.

I have a copy and it doesn't follow that stupid 3 months, 6 characters coding on it, and the person who sold it to me gave me a high price, but will bend over backwards to help you. I use 1 monk account and a cleric and I can clear all of anguish with a stack of hate potions. I have no complaints about any of it.

Funkalicious said:
I personally hate to see too much discussion about GK or nodly here. My thinking is that if you know about it and have access to it, there are already other places to discuss it without bringing even more attention to it than it already has.

Thank you very much, couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately to many idiots that have no clue are gaining access to it. Thus making it more of a prominent problem that eventually will make it to the top of the seek and ban list. ie share no trade, GK, nodly. Just my two cents.

buckeyesfan1 said:
What you have to understand is, as long as OSU beats Michigan, we are good. We could lose every other game in the season )

Remind me what a Buckeye is again, for those that dont know. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back