• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ranger puller.mac (Request) (1 Viewer)

Adamthebob

RedCents
Could someone create a variation of puller.mac for me?

I would like it to be the same as the original puller.mac WITH THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:

1- NOTHING to do with looting, at all. Just kill and move to next mob.

2- Ranger will cast ENSNARE once per mob and will recast if it wears off.

Thanks very much.

This is me up past midnight, bored, not having edited or made a macro in a bit.

Add in whatever the command is to cast your spell (either use MQ2cast or just one of the spell casting .inc files)

Also put in the proper spell range in there in the declare.

Canabolized this from one of my old old old old old old old old old (ah hell I'll just link it so everyone can cringe in how god awful I hacked up hunter.mac)

I give you Monkpuller V2.5 (VIP access required cause of how awesome I thought it was)

Make this your pull sub (I think I see what the original writer was trying to do and it's a great way of doing it, one of the problems with using an anchor with the old hunter.mac was that it would go back to anchor and do whatever you tell it and if the mob didn't come (because your pull sucked or you lacked line of sight) all the sudden the character would jet out after the mob. Caused me to make a bastardized version of movetomob as the loop in my pull sub then added so that I could tell it what to do, whoever wrote this macro did what I intended much better.

Basically sub this in for your pull sub and tell me if it works or goes horribly wrong.

INI:
Sub Pull
/declare spellrange int local 150
/varcalc spellrange ${spellrange}-5
   /doevents
   /echo Pulling Mob
   /declare TargDist float local
   :PullLoop
   /if (!${Me.Combat}) /attack on
   /doevents
   /if (${Target.Distance}>${spellrange}) /keypress forward hold
   /if ((${Target.Distance}<${spellrange}) && (${Target.LineOfSight})) {
      /keypress forward
      /if (${Me.Combat}) /attack off
      /echo Ccomp rocks the house with his macro folder from 2004!
      /delay 1s
      /call cast "Magic Missle" (Seriously this is the first macro I've edited in a month, you should be grateful)
      /doevents
      /delay 1s
      /doevents
      /goto :abc123_says_goto_is_for_fags
   }
   /if ((${Target.Distance}<${RV_RangeMin}) && (${Target.LineOfSight}) /keypress back
   /if (!${Target.ID}) /return
   /face fast
   /if (${Target.PctHPs}==100) /goto :PullLoop
   /if (${Target.PctHPs}<21) /return
:abc123_says_goto_is_for_fags
   /call MoveToLoc ${RT_MyyLOC} ${RT_MyXLOC}
   /face fast
:Engage
   /varset TargDist ${Math.Distance[${Target.Y},${Target.X},0:${Me.Y},${Me.X},0]}
   /if ( ${TargDist}<30 ) /return
   /delay 1s
   /goto :Engage
/return

By the way:

/call cast "Magic Missle" (Seriously this is the first macro I've edited in a month, you should be grateful)

is where you remove that line and add in whatever spell you need to have added plus a line below it with a reasonable delay (think delay + half a second).

Umm, please put this in retard terms. I have pretty much no experience with this, so yeah, I can't do what you're asking me to.

Sorry, I just need time to catch on to this before I can just piece things together like that.

Scroll down to the "Sub Pull" in the macro, replace it entirely with what I have posted, see if that fixs it for you.

The second line in what I posted says:

/declare spellrange int local 150

that is assuming the spell range of what you are casting is 150, if it is less then set it to less, if you want the guy to run further up then set it lower then the actual range by however far you want him to run up. You can see spell range by looking at the info on your spell.

further in the macro is a line that says this:

change that to whatever you use to cast spells.

easiest way is to know what spell gem you have your spell in that you want to pull with and put

/cast <spell_Gem_number>

in there. For example if it's spell gem 2 you would use

/cast 2

make sense?

It works, but unless there is already line of sight, then my character will just sit there and do nothing.

Thanks very much for the mod, I will just have to keep line of sight.

Redcent awarded ;)

I pieced what you had given me, and the original puller.mac and came up with this...

Rich (BB code):
Sub Pull
/declare spellrange int local 100
/varcalc spellrange ${spellrange}-5
   /doevents
   /echo Pulling Mob
   /declare TargDist float local
   :PullLoop
   /if (!${Me.Combat}) /attack on
   /call MoveToMob
   /face fast
   /face fast
   /doevents
   /if (${Me.Combat}) /attack off
   /delay 1s
   /cast 1
   /doevents
   /delay 1s
   /doevents
   /goto :abc123_says_goto_is_for_fags
   }
   /if ((${Target.Distance}<${RV_RangeMin}) && (${Target.LineOfSight}) /keypress back
   /face fast
:abc123_says_goto_is_for_fags
   /face fast
:Engage
   /varset TargDist ${Math.Distance[${Target.Y},${Target.X},0:${Me.Y},${Me.X},0]}
   /if ( ${TargDist}<30 ) /return
   /delay 1s
   /goto :Engage
/return

Probably has a lot of unneeded crap in there, and also needs more work, but it's been working great for me.

Still need the following things worked out:

If the spell fizzles/is interrupted in any way...recast is in order.

Also need some kind of system where if I lose aggro (healer pulls to much aggro and is getting beaten) I need to re-establish that aggro and keep my healer alive.

Make the following changes
INI:
/cast 1
To
INI:
/call Cast "Ensnare" gem1 1m
and add this line to the very top of the macro
Rich (BB code):
#include spell_routines.inc

Ranger puller.mac (Request)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back