• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Raid vs. 2 Groups for leveling 12 Toons (1 Viewer)

RedCents
400¢
Hey guys, has anyone ever tried to level 12 toons in a raid? I am wondering if leveling 12 toons in a raid is at least the same efficiency as running 2x groups of 6 to level the 12 toons. Thanks!

Hey guys, has anyone ever tried to level 12 toons in a raid? I am wondering if leveling 12 toons in a raid is at least the same efficiency as running 2x groups of 6 to level the 12 toons. Thanks!
Some people say they do, however... You get bonus XP based on how many PC group members you have (while splitting XP with them). you dont get that bonus in a raid (its 10% per person, so 60% bonus, but instead of 100% to 1, your getting 160% split to 6). in raid, you get 100% split to in this case 12...

The only thing that could be faster than 2 groups (with one pushing vitality) is 3 groups (with 2 pushing vitality). I've not tested the 3 group concept but I can get a toon from 100 to 120 in a day in a half with two groups.

you should be running out of mobs before that. 12 toons in a raid to xp in 2023 is going to be slower

Some people say they do, however... You get bonus XP based on how many PC group members you have (while splitting XP with them). you dont get that bonus in a raid (its 10% per person, so 60% bonus, but instead of 100% to 1, your getting 160% split to 6). in raid, you get 100% split to in this case 12...
Unless it's changed since, it's better than that according to this post (I googled to refresh my memory cause the main thing I remembered was the 6th person being free):
Adding people to the group increases the general xp you get per kill, which is then divided among group members:
2 Characters is 20% bonus (120% xp per kill, divided by 2 so you get 60% of what the mob would have given you, would have been 50%)
3 Characters is 40% bonus (140% xp per kill, 46.67% to each character, would have been 33.33%)
4 Characters is 60% bonus (160% xp per kill, 40% to each character, would have been 25%)
5 Characters is 80% bonus (180% xp per kill, 36% to each character, would have been 20%)

6 Characters is the same bonus but divided by 5 to each character instead of divided by 6, so everyone still gets 36% of the xp, up from 16.67%. This is the biggest increase of individual xp from what it would have been from before

As others have said when you are in a raid you don't get the "group XP bonus" which is huge.

I also never got the vitality thing working really well.

1- Setup SK for maximum non damage AE threat.
2- Setup the PLee with either a PBAE spell, or the golden pick, or a throw away bard.
3- Pull with the SK, let the mobs eat the DS and collect XP.

Works great till about 80-85. After that it starts to slow down.

When I get burned out doing the swarm pulling I switch to using group XP by pairing the PLee with a higher level (110 or 115) character I keep set aside.

1- Setup SK for maximum non damage AE threat.
2- PLee group adds level 110 or 115 or 120 rogue depending on level
3- Single pull on SK

That by it self is fairly slow so I also take my melee characters and adjust their DPS output so they can assist at some HP threshold and not KS the PLee group. Do this by taking off weapons, turn off spell casting, etc.

Once the PLee hits 90 I have 1 or 2 of my best DPS in group with the PLee and crank up all the others to normal and pretty much keep the entire zone clear.

I may have to try revisiting the vitality route again and see if I can get it to work better.

The only time I use a raid format with group content is at odd hours when I decide to tackle progression for an entire army in one zone at once (with drop scaling based on number with quest I get more drops/kill and get it done in one pass for everyone). Shar vahl can blow me for not having the drop scaling function implemented.

The only thing that could be faster than 2 groups (with one pushing vitality) is 3 groups (with 2 pushing vitality). I've not tested the 3 group concept but I can get a toon from 100 to 120 in a day in a half with two groups.
I would be curious to hear about this method. I currently have two groups. One capped and one at 115. I've got everyone sharing and really don't see a marked difference in the amount that the 115 group gets.

I would be curious to hear about this method. I currently have two groups. One capped and one at 115. I've got everyone sharing and really don't see a marked difference in the amount that the 115 group gets.
I *think* the theory would be something like:

PL + 11 others in fellowship with all of them doing fellowship xp sharing.

The 11 in the fellowship are in a different zone killing as fast as they can. They should be set to real XP and at max so all the XP they get is funneled into the PLee.

At the same time the PLee is doing something which nets them xp hits. Since the others are all max XP it doesn't get split.

Question - Raid vs. 2 Groups for leveling 12 Toons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back