• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Raid Team - Any COV Boss? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
200¢
Hi Everyone,

I am currently six boxing a group that has all MAX AA, full T3, etc.. I am getting bored of the game and am looking for something more challenging. Has anyone on her boxed 30 - 36 accounts to run raids on your own? If so, how many bosses have you been able to do in COV?

I appreciate your feedback in advance.

I know of at least two crews that have and I’m close. Expect to spend a ton of time getting ready to do it and it’s gonna be more then 30-36 toons to meet the dps checks early on for things like zlandicar. Also don’t expect to be doing it with strictly out of the box stuff like kiss 😉

I know of one crew that took out all of TBL and Tov including meatras with all achievements @KingArthur

Raids are hard with FTP toons , I am really looking forward to two years time when COV is FTP to all, and I will try it.
If you had 54 Gold accounts im sure you could do Zlandicar easy enough.

I think @KingArthur said they had 6 real people when doing TBL and TOV, and I think thats about right - 6 people can handle at least 6 different tasks at once.

Personally I am only up to TBM raids with my 54. I have lots of Corpses and not much loot to show. The mechanics are really beyond what FTP and a single person can handle.

If you have 42 or so toons - then practice on events like Tower of Rot - Lord Kyle Bayle. Farm the currency to get the Shield of the Immaculate Light on every toon.
1625553886331.png
Also farm the King Xorbb raids to get the Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye
1625553911017.png

Yep, We back to COV raids this May, and now we're 2 events away to beat the expansion(only 2 nights per week as we don't want to push it with too many pressure).

And I think we're ready to win Vulak very soon:toot: (the code is ready lol) which will make Aaryonar will be the last boss unattempted so far.

Yep, We back to COV raids this May, and now we're 2 events away to beat the expansion(only 2 nights per week as we don't want to push it with too many pressure).

And I think we're ready to win Vulak very soon:toot: (the code is ready lol) which will make Aaryonar will be the last boss unattempted so far.

That's great. I just started working on MQ2Events to handle Tantor and Arbiter. Still figuring out how I am gonna do Sontalak (staying away from the aura).

On paper, I can see how Aary would be done, but there's a few rng factors to account for.

What we need is a repository for MQ2Events for Raid situations. GINA sorts out all the Audio Triggers and keeps them in a easy to use and it would fantastic if we could have the MQ2Events in a similar repository.

I think more and more we will see people can box raid forces - so there will be more and more people interested in it.

I am interested in all raid MQ2Events - if anyone has some to share. In Particular I'd like to know how to do a Balance fight like Vim and Vigor where we only have 2% leeway.

I was thinking i'd have to do a comparison between the two mobs hp and swap targets within the event. It made my brain hurt.

What we need is a repository for MQ2Events for Raid situations. GINA sorts out all the Audio Triggers and keeps them in a easy to use and it would fantastic if we could have the MQ2Events in a similar repository.

I think more and more we will see people can box raid forces - so there will be more and more people interested in it.

I am interested in all raid MQ2Events - if anyone has some to share. In Particular I'd like to know how to do a Balance fight like Vim and Vigor where we only have 2% leeway.

I was thinking i'd have to do a comparison between the two mobs hp and swap targets within the event. It made my brain hurt.

I was looking around to see if I had just missed the raid section/thread, guess not.

For Vim and Vigor, if you are doing it out of era, you can ignore them until you kill the adds and unlock boss hp and burn a single boss.

Grik can be done with 36-40 toons, the same with GD, in group gear
Zlandi can be done with 48 very good, tov ored out toons,
All of this depends on how good you are with situational awareness, and event knowledge

I'm fairly new to MQ2, so I don't really know the syntax of everything I would want it to do.

But for Aary, the auras are called "a_[chilling/dark/fiery/earthen]_resonance00". So you need to figure out which tanks are picking up the corresponding orbs, having them tank the orbs on the central raid point until the auras spawn, then run to the correct aura (without running through the wrong aura first). After the success message goes off, return to central point.

At the same time, you need there to be a good amount of people grabbing the fire proc and using it correctly.

Theres a lot of changes based on what strat you are using.

I just started working on the easier fights like Tantor/Sont/Arbiter. I dont know how to handle the Sontalak aura though, is there a way to tell my boxes to avoid being in X range of an object/npc?

I'm fairly new to MQ2, so I don't really know the syntax of everything I would want it to do.

But for Aary, the auras are called "a_[chilling/dark/fiery/earthen]_resonance00". So you need to figure out which tanks are picking up the corresponding orbs, having them tank the orbs on the central raid point until the auras spawn, then run to the correct aura (without running through the wrong aura first). After the success message goes off, return to central point.

At the same time, you need there to be a good amount of people grabbing the fire proc and using it correctly.

Theres a lot of changes based on what strat you are using.

I just started working on the easier fights like Tantor/Sont/Arbiter. I dont know how to handle the Sontalak aura though, is there a way to tell my boxes to avoid being in X range of an object/npc?
I haven’t seen the event before does the aura move around in a circular fashion or ? If circular then you could use events to navigate to set waypoints from a previous position.

I haven’t seen the event before does the aura move around in a circular fashion or ? If circular then you could use events to navigate to set waypoints from a previous position.
It does, but the tank also has to turn so you dont eat tail lash or wing sweep.. so its a moving trigonometry problem. Its not a DPS race, its very procedural compliance, so if you have a friend, can do with as low as 30, just have one move masses, and 1 move the MT (s) and their healers..

It does, but the tank also has to turn so you dont eat tail lash or wing sweep.. so its a moving trigonometry problem. Its not a DPS race, its very procedural compliance, so if you have a friend, can do with as low as 30, just have one move masses, and 1 move the MT (s) and their healers..

I guess I just need to shut off the stick that keeps wanting to throw my bard behind Sont.

That’s about as close as it comes is Zlandicar. Others would potentiall be droga in eok. Ros the tank and spanks don’t exist nor do they in TBL. Next closest after those two is probably griklor

We've done a few, we had to gear up a little on ToV Raids before we could beat CoV raids. for us the easiest was Griklor then GD, now we also throw in Sleepers. We're gearing up on CoV T1, but looks like we're going to be able to do Zlandi, Sont, Tantor and Crusaders.

Question - Raid Team - Any COV Boss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back